Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Kings Lynn appeal launched

Hope it goes well. Do they have a lower bar crowdfunder or anything like that? Happy to chuck em a few quid but Ā£300 is beyond me unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Hope it goes well. Do they have a lower bar crowdfunder or anything like that? Happy to chuck em a few quid but Ā£300 is beyond me unfortunately.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/terry-allen-1?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Yimbyprojectpage&utm_content=terry-allen-1&utm_campaign=projectpage-share-owner&utm_term=jmj2Mv3Yq&fbclid=IwAR1Fdt5VQXFqOcvwhR5IXgRMyp3LDKh9wHWVSQTTOTAt2zI3ZPQbsgRCNPU

Great to see whatever contributions people feel they can afford to make at these challenging times

The Ā£300 does however come with a pledge to be able to watch some games though now predominantly deferred to next season. Could give some football watching opportunities to NCFC fans who may still face restrictions even next season and KL have said they need Ā£100,000 this season.

Best of luck to them with raising the money they need.

But quite a few clubs at that level (League Two downwards) seem to be offering equity, and that's what I'd be wanting in return for cash as somebody who has no interest in attending King's Lynn games.Ā 

Grimsby Town are issuing shares in Ā£100 blocks. I know of four in the National League and several in Scotland doing the same.Ā 

Ā 

On 27/02/2021 at 14:54, TeemuVanBasten said:

But quite a few clubs at that level (League Two downwards) seem to be offering equity, and that's what I'd be wanting in return for cash as somebody who has no interest in attending King's Lynn games.Ā 

Grimsby Town are issuing shares in Ā£100 blocks. I know of four in the National League and several in Scotland doing the same.Ā 

Ā 

In making a donationĀ  I took the view that away games may be out next season or that I may prefer to avoid our tax on loyalty away members scheme.Ā 

On 27/02/2021 at 14:54, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ā 

I wouldnā€™t worry about it, donate or donā€™t. Our club never had a problem asking for payments that couldnā€™t ever be utilised.Ā 

The original crowd funding set up by a fan to raise a modest Ā£700 is now standing at Ā£1660.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, essex canary said:

In making a donationĀ  I took the view that away games may be out next season or that I may prefer to avoid our tax on loyalty away members scheme.Ā 

Did you manage to secure a season ticketĀ  in perpetuity there as well Ethicso?šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡

On a seriousĀ  note ,Good man for donating.Ā I will too. It's a very achievableĀ  target . May not be the last time they ask though. Would be a shame if the went down the pan for what in fundraising terms isnt a lot of dosh.

Quite remarkable draw for them tonight at Notts County with players furloughed and only four subs named, one of whom was 50 year old assistant manager Paul Bastock.

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Quite remarkable draw for them tonight at Notts County with players furloughed and only four subs named, one of whom was 50 year old assistant manager Paul Bastock.

They are going to stay up, a major achievement all things considered.Ā 

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They are going to stay up, a major achievement all things considered.Ā 

Not that remarkable when you consider the leagues below them are now null and void, so there will not be any relegation.

On 01/03/2021 at 13:51, TIL 1010 said:

The original crowd funding set up by a fan to raise a modest Ā£700 is now standing at Ā£1660.

Only Ā£298340 to go

Edited by daly

53 minutes ago, daly said:

Only Ā£298340 to go

That is a different appeal set up by the club which gives benefits for those prepared to part with Ā£300.That appeal is looking to raise Ā£100,000 so your maths are a tad difficult to understand daly .

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

The appeal i mentioned has been set up by a fan for those wishing to donate any amount they care to give.

Edited by TIL 1010

49 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is a different appeal set up by the club which gives benefits for those prepared to part with Ā£300.That appeal is looking to raise Ā£100,000 so your maths are a tad difficult to understand daly .

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

The appeal i mentioned has been set up by a fan for those wishing to donate any amount they care to give.

Ā 
Ā 

KING'S LYNN TOWN

Kingā€™s Lynn owner reveals how much money they need to finish the season

Kingā€™s Lynn owner Stephen Cleeve reveals how much money they need to finish the 2020/21 season, and it doesnā€™t look good for them.

The decisions of the National League has caused plenty of frustration at the Norfolk based club where they left their ground unsure if their encounter against Weymouth marked the end of their first campaign at this level.

Linnets chairman and owner Stephen Cleeve held an summit on the pitch after the final whistle with manager Ian Culverhouse and director of football Rob Back.

90092294_1571896502966365_19151146692609

www.fanbanter.co.uk ā€“ Fan reaction to the latest football news, gossip & funnies

image.png.702127d94c1f4347d0c62f1dacf26d52.png

Culverhouse was visibly left unhappy at how to they got in such the current state, with his eyes fixed on the pitch as he left made his way back down the tunnel.

The others followed him through and with dressing room talks turning onto the clubā€™s crisis.

Cleeve came away from it all to then speak on the dilemma, finding a quiet area before going off to deliver co-commentary for his clubā€™s streaming service.

Kingā€™s LynnĀ will need another Ā£300,000 to finish the season but they are now out of money, and it is unlikely that donations will be able to save them unless they get a miracle amount raised

24 minutes ago, daly said:
Ā 
Ā 

KING'S LYNN TOWN

Kingā€™s Lynn owner reveals how much money they need to finish the season

Kingā€™s Lynn owner Stephen Cleeve reveals how much money they need to finish the 2020/21 season, and it doesnā€™t look good for them.

The decisions of the National League has caused plenty of frustration at the Norfolk based club where they left their ground unsure if their encounter against Weymouth marked the end of their first campaign at this level.

Linnets chairman and owner Stephen Cleeve held an summit on the pitch after the final whistle with manager Ian Culverhouse and director of football Rob Back.

90092294_1571896502966365_19151146692609

www.fanbanter.co.uk ā€“ Fan reaction to the latest football news, gossip & funnies

image.png.702127d94c1f4347d0c62f1dacf26d52.png

Culverhouse was visibly left unhappy at how to they got in such the current state, with his eyes fixed on the pitch as he left made his way back down the tunnel.

The others followed him through and with dressing room talks turning onto the clubā€™s crisis.

Cleeve came away from it all to then speak on the dilemma, finding a quiet area before going off to deliver co-commentary for his clubā€™s streaming service.

Kingā€™s LynnĀ will need another Ā£300,000 to finish the season but they are now out of money, and it is unlikely that donations will be able to save them unless they get a miracle amount raised

I took my info from the Official Club site and an article obviously approved by the chairman not a dubious one not connected to KL renowned for being wrong most of the time.

Ā 

Government have issues some relief funding for sport, hopefully some of it finds its way to the LinnetsĀ