Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

No Crowds

From the 12th May "In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower)".

The Championship season proper ends on the 8th May, so as long as things continue as they are, we wont be visiting Carrow Road again this season.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

play offs ?

As I said, 'if things continue as they are, we wont be visiting Carrow Road again this season'.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

As I said, 'if things continue as they are, we wont be visiting Carrow Road again this season'.

But what about the play offs though ?
😆

Just now, Van wink said:

We dont think we are heading for the play off's do we?

Who knows what goes round in some people's heads.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Who knows what goes round in some people's heads.

Its Champions for me all the way

Rather disappointing but better safe than sorry. Lets hope there will be better news by August.

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Rather disappointing but better safe than sorry. Lets hope there will be better news by August.

Should be, if the plan actually works...

The rollout would suggest that by August we should be seeing larger events approved, so I'd imagine that 25% cap would be lifted.  To what though, who knows.

Pilot events can take place from 12 April which would count in the last three home games. That said no idea what the purpose and outcome of the pilots was the first time round but I guess we will be at the forefront if it offers any opportunities.

The smaller clubs such as Kings Lynn, Dereham etc. should come first. In that sense grassroots football on 29 March with no crowds paying or otherwise doesn't make sense. Then again what should we expect from an Old Etonian?

Edited by essex canary

Let's hope infection rates are negligible before the start of next season so we can look forward to getting back in the ground again. Whether it will be full capacity who knows. In theory everyone will be vaccinated by July, so we can all pile in and spread it around!

All legal limits on social contact to be lifted by 21/6 = 4 months away yet.

8 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I know its not related,but I guess that means The Killers will be cancelled. Or maybe a ballot for 10,000 seats!!☹

I've tickets for that. Looks as though it will be too early unfortunately. Not sure if reduced capacity will work unless the band will take a hit on revenues.

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

From the 12th May "In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower)".

The Championship season proper ends on the 8th May, so as long as things continue as they are, we wont be visiting Carrow Road again this season.

I read that as if we had a game after 12th May we would  be allowed 6,750ish as that's a quarter of our capacity, is that correct?

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I read that as if we had a game after 12th May we would  be allowed 6,750ish as that's a quarter of our capacity, is that correct?

image.png.c16d62d93c9263c5c560d1b4ebc59146.png

I think the season will be over, unless it's play-offs but yes it does seem that way.

Testimonial for Tettey?

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

10000 fans at wembley for the playoff final  ...roughly 5000 for each team (less once officials etc have had theirs)

Wonder how they'd choose whuch fans would get a ticket??

The elite fans in the ‘ 750 Club ‘ will be right at the front over mere mortals 😀😉

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Pilot events can take place from 12 April which would count in the last three home games. That said no idea what the purpose and outcome of the pilots was the first time round but I guess we will be at the forefront if it offers any opportunities.

The smaller clubs such as Kings Lynn, Dereham etc. should come first. In that sense grassroots football on 29 March with no crowds paying or otherwise doesn't make sense. Then again what should we expect from an Old Etonian?

Can’t find any info on these pilot events ?

17 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Think they have picked 17th May on purpose so that there are no crowds till August at the earliest 

There are other sports / events that have crowds. 

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

We dont think we are heading for the play off's do we?

We are definitely heading for the play-offs in the same sense that Brexit was definitely not going to happen...

Without getting into politics too much, these dates are hopes from a prime minister who tends to err on the side of boosterish optimism. Best to take them as the earliest these restrictions would be lifted rather than anything set in stone.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We are definitely heading for the play-offs in the same sense that Brexit was definitely not going to happen...

Without getting into politics too much, these dates are hopes from a prime minister who tends to err on the side of boosterish optimism. Best to take them as the earliest these restrictions would be lifted rather than anything set in stone.

I would be very surprised if the timetable stays on target. 

(Oh yes and of course Mrs May was a double agent and despite her commitment to implement the result of the referendum was in fact deliberately trying to keep us in the EU.😉)

• Haha 1