Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Birmingham

Will be interesting to see if Gibson comes straight back in or Zimmerman stays in due to winning on Saturday.

I'd personally rotate a bit (Dowell, Sorenson or Rupp being the main candidates).

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Will be interesting to see if Gibson comes straight back in or Zimmerman stays in due to winning on Saturday.

I'd personally rotate a bit (Dowell, Sorenson or Rupp being the main candidates).

Who would you put Sorenson in for? I'd worry about a Sorenson / Skipp combination not having the drive to get forward that a McLean / Rupp partner brings to either of them. I think Sorenson has been outstanding and on performances, deserves to be in the 11, but unfortunately for him, the player he is competing with does the same job, is another level to all of our other midfielders and is pretty much first name on the sheet.

I'd put Dowell in for Vrancic and Rupp for McLean unless training performances say otherwise. Middle of the park always leads to more tiredness as those players tend to do the most running.

As much as Skipp shouldn't be dropped, a low-sitting Karanka side is probably the one to ease Sorensen into that sitting role to see how he interprets it as I get the impression he's going to be a fairly similar sort of player to Skipp, but with a bit more drive going forwards. Besides, as I have said before, Skipp is having his first full season as a first-team regular so his workload will need monitoring now and again. He's the one I'd really like to see fresh for the final shove.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd put Dowell in for Vrancic and Rupp for McLean unless training performances say otherwise. Middle of the park always leads to more tiredness as those players tend to do the most running.

As much as Skipp shouldn't be dropped, a low-sitting Karanka side is probably the one to ease Sorensen into that sitting role to see how he interprets it as I get the impression he's going to be a fairly similar sort of player to Skipp, but with a bit more drive going forwards. Besides, as I have said before, Skipp is having his first full season as a first-team regular so his workload will need monitoring now and again. He's the one I'd really like to see fresh for the final shove.

Yeah, think it's time for Ruup to get a run. Still think Mclean is decent, but he does tend to be our sloppiest midfield from time to time.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, think it's time for Ruup to get a run. Still think Mclean is decent, but he does tend to be our sloppiest midfield from time to time.

Although Mclean's pass % was actually slightly higher than Skipps on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although Mclean's pass % was actually slightly higher than Skipps on Saturday.

If you just look at forward passes it was way higher. 

Any red button discussion as yet😃

Will we be getting the same commentary as we had for Coventry , will Teemy Pukki and Michael Krull be playing?

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Who would you put Sorenson in for? I'd worry about a Sorenson / Skipp combination not having the drive to get forward that a McLean / Rupp partner brings to either of them. I think Sorenson has been outstanding and on performances, deserves to be in the 11, but unfortunately for him, the player he is competing with does the same job, is another level to all of our other midfielders and is pretty much first name on the sheet.

I'd be tempted to see how Sorenson and Skipp pair up- there seems to be an assumption he can only be a defensive midfielder but I thought in his time at left back he showed he's more than comfortable carrying the ball forward. In an ideal world it may also free Skipp up to make a few more forward runs too- with the idea that if one goes forward then the other holds back.

• Like 1

I'm almost at the point of calling for Vrancic to come out of the no.10 role as he is simply spurning too many chances coming his way that another in his position might take

We're getting away with it at the moment but there could well be a game where we dont.

Whether we drop Vrancic further back in the midfield is another question.

As to who replaces him? I've a feeling Steipermann will be back fit and given the chance before Dowell is

• Confused 1

Dowell needs to get a start to show he can be our No 10.  Last start against Watford was not a success hopefully fitness better now.  Still to be convinced but a risk we can take against Birmingham.

Feel sorry for Jacob done nothing wrong but needs to be in our competitive DM.  May not get the opportunity in place of Kenny and Rupp.  Now is not the time for experimentation in a crucial area.

If we can get a significant lead rest Emi where possible.  I don't see Gibson recovering but if can maybe give Grant some time off. 

For me it would be Dowell for Vrancic, with the rest unchanged unless Gibbo is back fit (which I’ve just seen he isn’t)

Edited by Branston Pickle

52 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Any red button discussion as yet😃

Will we be getting the same commentary as we had for Coventry , will Teemy Pukki and Michael Krull be playing?

"Welcome to St.Carrow Road, where the blues are playing Norwich. The blues come into this match off a 1-0 victory against 11-man Sheffield who had a player sent off.

The blues scored a penalty in that game and I'm sure blues fans would like to see another blues penalty in this game, if a blues player actually gets into the opposition box.

Norwich have some exceptional players at this level. Teemy Pukki both scored and kept a clean sheet against Coventry, Martin Krul is an excellent keeper, and they have the always lively Emile Buendia. The blues defenders will have their hands full in this game but hopefully it's Norwich who will have the blues at the end of the game."

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I'd be tempted to see how Sorenson and Skipp pair up- there seems to be an assumption he can only be a defensive midfielder but I thought in his time at left back he showed he's more than comfortable carrying the ball forward. In an ideal world it may also free Skipp up to make a few more forward runs too- with the idea that if one goes forward then the other holds back.

I'm not convinced he has the turn of pace to drive forward like Rupp and McLean can. I think he carried the ball forward from left back because there was often open space in front of him to exploit. It's different in the middle when it is more crowded.

I'd consider dropping Skipp for one of the next two games, just to give him a rest and play Sorensen instead of, not along with, Skipp. I'd like to keep Skipp fresh for the game against Brentford. However, I know that Daniel won't do that and barring any injuries, it will be the same 11 as Saturday.

Rupp out the team injured and we’re on a great run. Rupp gets back to fitness and gets back onto the team sheet and we draw 2, lose 1 with him starting. Rupp dropped, we win the next 3. 

Think I’d stick with McLean... 

Rupp made a good contribution earlier in the season, but worry that was him over performing unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I don't see why people think Jacob will only be defensive if played in midfield. We've got to give him that chance to play and grow into that role. I think he would be more forward thinking than people think. Mclean is a driving force but is quite sloppy, Rupp looks rusty, and Vrancic just doesn't know where the goal is at the moment.

Migth be time to give Skipp a rest and try Jacob. Mclean is probably fresh enough to continue in midfield, but I would try Dowell instead of Vrancic in No.10 role. IMO Its too soon to simply put Stieps back in the No10 and he needs some cameo roles to show he's back in the swing

Gibson has to play if he's fit, but Zimm to continue if not. Just wish Farke would make use of his subs, as I fear several games a week and playing majority of players for 80-90mins per game might come back to bite us, and we need our strongest side to be fresh for some of the tougher games coming up   

1 hour ago, Vazzza said:

Rupp out the team injured and we’re on a great run. Rupp gets back to fitness and gets back onto the team sheet and we draw 2, lose 1 with him starting. Rupp dropped, we win the next 3. 

Think I’d stick with McLean... 

Rupp made a good contribution earlier in the season, but worry that was him over performing unfortunately. 

I don’t normally claim to be psychic but I do get a faint sense that you’re not a huge fan of Rupp...

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I don't see why people think Jacob will only be defensive if played in midfield. We've got to give him that chance to play and grow into that role. I think he would be more forward thinking than people think. Mclean is a driving force but is quite sloppy, Rupp looks rusty, and Vrancic just doesn't know where the goal is at the moment.

Migth be time to give Skipp a rest and try Jacob. Mclean is probably fresh enough to continue in midfield, but I would try Dowell instead of Vrancic in No.10 role. IMO Its too soon to simply put Stieps back in the No10 and he needs some cameo roles to show he's back in the swing

Gibson has to play if he's fit, but Zimm to continue if not. Just wish Farke would make use of his subs, as I fear several games a week and playing majority of players for 80-90mins per game might come back to bite us, and we need our strongest side to be fresh for some of the tougher games coming up   

Does Skipp look like he needs a rest?....he'a only 20 and playing better than ever....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t normally claim to be psychic but I do get a faint sense that you’re not a huge fan of Rupp...

I tend to judge players on shorter stints and if we break down Rupp’s time with us into 5-10 match brackets, he’s had a lot more bad ones than good. 

Hope he comes good and shifts that the other way but at the moment I’d put him way down the pecking order. 

Same comment as before the Rotherham game.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

3 points please.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1