cambridgeshire canary

If you could have one player from another Championship club

As well as Toney's done this year anyone would score goals in that Brentford side, Sarr is the one type of player we don't have, a strong, fast ball carrier who can go round players and would add a lot to our attack

I actually think Pukki would outscore Toney in that Brentford side but agree that Toney is an excellent player. Wouldn't mind Dael Fry as a centre-half for a shade more depth there, as ultimately a lack of depth in that position was a real problem for us last season.

16 hours ago, Indy said:

Yep go with Toney too, swap Hugill for him if we’re promoted!

Swap  Hugill for Holt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

These two are ones I've thought about as potential Skipp replacements. Bielik has just done his knee though so can't see him moving anytime soon.

Grimes is a really solid player, decent in tackle, comfortable on the ball and only has a year left on his contract. If Swansea don't go up he'd be great shout.

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully we can get him for another year..

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The way he played against us, Jonny Howson in the No10 role.

Given the way he curled a pathetically weak effort over the bar when presented with a very decent chance to win it for them, no thanks.

Mind you I did feel sorry for the 'Boro players that day. You could see them sh*t themselves when Emi was sent off and they suddenly realised they had to make it look as though they were actually trying to win the game rather than kick, scratch, foul and cheat their way to a 0-0 as Warnock had drilled them to do. 🙂 

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Given the way he curled a pathetically weak effort over the bar when presented with a very decent chance to win it for them, no thanks.

Mind you I did feel sorry for the 'Boro players that day. You could see them sh*t themselves when Emi was sent off and they suddenly realised they had to make it look as though they were actually trying to win the game rather than kick, scratch, foul and cheat their way to a 0-0 as Warnock had drilled them to do. 🙂 

He ran the show second half.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

He ran the show second half.

He did have a good game I'll grant you that, but it's the first good game he's had against us in six attempts while playing for Boro. He was a very good player for us over five seasons, but I think he's past it now.