cambridgeshire canary

If you could have one player from another Championship club

Ivan Toony, I mean, if I take my Norwich bias hat for a moment, he's the best striker in the league at the moment. Not just that, he also has the same number of assists as Buendia. If Brentford don't go up I think he could be looking at a big money move to a mid table top flight side.

• Like 3

1. Toney (The untouchables.)

2=.

Elliot (Blackburn> Liverpool.)

Massengo (Bristol City.)

Edited by BroadstairsR

Toney is the obvious shout, but I think the player most likely to be able to do some of what Buendia does is Gustavo Hamer at Coventry. If we could keep hold of Buendia and sign Toney, though... pinch me.

Those who are saying Toney, are you playing him instead of Pukki?  I’d probably go with the best ‘no10’ as in our current XI that’s probably our weakest spot.  That might be Hourihane, can’t think of others off the top of my head.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nutty won't be liking this Brentford player love fest. 😜

I certainly wouldn't swap Toney for Pukki. But he'd maybe make the bench...

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I certainly wouldn't swap Toney for Pukki. But he'd maybe make the bench...

24 goals and 9 assists this season... he is a class act. I wouldn't swap him for Pukki, but if we could rotate the two or even accommodate them both, it would unquestionably strengthen us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

24 goals and 9 assists this season... he is a class act. I wouldn't swap him for Pukki, but if we could rotate the two or even accommodate them both, it would unquestionably strengthen us.

Well if we had him I'd definitely give him a runout when Pukki's injured.

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Those who are saying Toney, are you playing him instead of Pukki?  I’d probably go with the best ‘no10’ as in our current XI that’s probably our weakest spot.  That might be Hourihane, can’t think of others off the top of my head.

Let them fight it out, we need to be honest and admit since Pukki has arrived (whilst being outstanding) he hasn't faced serious week in week out competition for his place. Last season was a complete disaster in that respect and this season it would have been great to have someone in for those games when Pukki was out injured. Would also take the pressure off him with his busy international schedule too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Let them fight it out, we need to be honest and admit since Pukki has arrived (whilst being outstanding) he hasn't faced serious week in week out competition for his place. Last season was a complete disaster in that respect and this season it would have been great to have someone in for those games when Pukki was out injured. Would also take the pressure off him with his busy international schedule too.

Absolutely. Pukki is a legend already and whatever division we're in he must feature heavily next season. But if we rely on the likes of Hugill, Idah and Soto for competition (and last season Srbeny and Drmic), we'll be in trouble. We need a next-level striker who can really push Pukki, so if he loses form we can introduce him for 20 minutes from the bench to try to win his place back. No room for sentiment at the highest level.

• Like 1

Without being pedantic, those saying Hourihane, he's technically owned by a Premier League side, so surely doesn't count..... 😜

• Haha 1

What about Joe Lolley from forest?

Adam Armstrong from Blackburn

Chair from QPR

All targets that would be affordable and would wish to come. All would give some pace and creativity, as well as have decent goal scoring stats, all be it in the champ.

Brooks from Bournemouth I'd love, would soften the blow as and when EMI and Todd leave.

I think if we are promoted this year, assuming we keep Todd and Emi, I'd say most important place to strengthen Will be CDM and cam. I know there are other areas but those positions starting spots are nailed down.

This is a good subject in as much as this is the route we need to go in order to improve should we go up. The creme de la creme of the Championship should be one of our market places.

Of course, getting players from the clubs who are promoted with us would  be very highly unlikely but, as many of the above suggestions illustrate, there are plenty of other gems.

It won't be cheap and there will be competition so Webber/Farke will need to be at their best, and discovering relatively unknown gems from elsewhere along with youth development would still be necessary.

I believe that Sarr wants out at Watford with the likes of Liverpool  interested. It will be a similar situation that we will likley find ourselves in with Buendia. Brentford may not be able to hold on to Toney. Players who can attract the big fish of the league with big wages and European football on offer.

Watford, reportedly want £50m for Sarr. This is likley to be the first big sale, even if Watford do go up, so the price will be the yardstick when it comes to getting the right price for either Buendia or Aarons when the situation heats up.

Perhaps we should refine this thread, by concentrating upon some of the lesser known gems in our league. It would be a more realistic approach to a realistic avenue for the club to follow.

Edited by BroadstairsR

15 hours ago, Oxford Canary said:

Matt Grimes of Swansea.

15 hours ago, kirku said:

Bielik maybe?

These two are ones I've thought about as potential Skipp replacements. Bielik has just done his knee though so can't see him moving anytime soon.

Grimes is a really solid player, decent in tackle, comfortable on the ball and only has a year left on his contract. If Swansea don't go up he'd be great shout.