Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The New Lotus Banners.

I thought the banner display over the seats looked very professional yesterday and pleasing on the eye plus i assume they will be here to stay until crowds return to Carrow Road. Very handy that the Lotus logo is yellow and green but there was one in the Regency Lower and an identical one in the Barclay Lower that had wording on them that were unreadble. Having asked around this morning it appears i am not the only one who could not decipher what was on them so anybody any idea ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I thought the banner display over the seats looked very professional yesterday and pleasing on the eye plus i assume they will be here to stay until crowds return to Carrow Road. Very handy that the Lotus logo is yellow and green but there was one in the Regency Lower and an identical one in the Barclay Lower that had wording on them that were unreadble. Having asked around this morning it appears i am not the only one who could not decipher what was on them so anybody any idea ?

Yep, I think it says 'FOR THE DRIVERS', although it's obviously been obscured and bitmapped. They've been using that for a couple of years as a marketing slogan. I did a bit of work with them on the new Evija last year, it's a pretty remarkable piece of engineering!

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, I think it says 'FOR THE DRIVERS', although it's obviously been obscured and bitmapped. They've been using that for a couple of years as a marketing slogan. I did a bit of work with them on the new Evija last year, it's a pretty remarkable piece of engineering!

Not those wolfie as i could see them quite plainly but those to which i refer were on the dark green banners.

Yes they did look good, very Premier League. But I wonder if it also meant there won't be any fans sitting behind the goals for the rest of the season, otherwise it's not money well spent.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not those wolfie as i could see them quite plainly but those to which i refer were on the dark green banners.

Yep, As he said obscured and bitmapped... I don't know if that's a clever ploy to get people talking about them, works if so! I thought they had put them on upside down 🙃

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes they did look good, very Premier League. But I wonder if it also meant there won't be any fans sitting behind the goals for the rest of the season, otherwise it's not money well spent.

With you only being allowed to visit a family member in a care home from 8th March and then being in full PPE and a mask getting back to football seems a long way off to me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Large

This is one of those FOR THE DRIVER banners which i think is what you are on about wolfie ?

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Large

This is one of those FOR THE DRIVER banners which i think is what you are on about wolfie ?

Aha yes, thanks for clarifying Tilly. They really 'teased' the Evija launch (it was called Project 130 for a while: see video below), so maybe they've got something else up their sleeve...? If anyone can find any 'wide angle' shots of the obscured text, I'll put on my detective hat and see if I can work anything out... 🧐

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Large

I know what you meant All I could think of was that you could read them from another angle? A bit like the sky banners behind each goal that look 3D . Unlikely but I couldn’t think of another reason? 

Update: just had a look on the official Youtube highlights, and the one in the River End is definitely 'FOR THE DRIVERS', but flipped and sheared.

1702115487_Screenshot2021-02-21171616.jpg.6971c62aed682ede483c4d9a61d8e734.jpg

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Update: just had a look on the official Youtube highlights, and the one in the River End is definitely 'FOR THE DRIVERS', but flipped and sheared.

Isnt that what they do to sheep?! 

There are a few other ‘illegible’ ones around the ground-I think they all say ‘For the drivers’ but some are upside down and/or back to front and some don’t appear to be fully unfurled.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

1702115487_Screenshot2021-02-21171616.jpg.6971c62aed682ede483c4d9a61d8e734.jpg

If you look at the top two lines it says "THE and then "ERS" so I guess the one on the other side not in your shot says "FOR and "DRI". 

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are the illegible ones ordered by the same person who ordered the red and blue seats for the South Stand?

My memory seems to be telling me kg that we purchased them secondhand from somewhere and that is the reason for them not conforming to club colours.

Edited by TIL 1010

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My memory seems to be telling me kg that we purchased them secondhand from somewhere and that is the reason for them not conforming to club colours.

Palace?

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Palace?

All the seats at Selhurst Park have been in situ since about 1952, haven't they?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

All the seats at Selhurst Park have been in situ since about 1952, haven't they?

Doesn't look a lot different from when I first went there in 1972. Big ground but a dump.

55 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Isnt that what they do to sheep?! 

How should I know? What do you think this is, the Swansea forum?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Certainly in the Arthur Wait Stand.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Doesn't look a lot different from when I first went there in 1972. Big ground but a dump.

Not even that big, about the same as Carrow Road I think. Any idea what the capacity was back then? My first visit was some time in the 1990s when Wimbledon played there. Last game of the season, we won 1-0 with an early own goal if I remember correctly...

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not even that big, about the same as Carrow Road I think. Any idea what the capacity was back then? My first visit was some time in the 1990s when Wimbledon played there. Last game of the season, we won 1-0 with an early own goal if I remember correctly...

Record attendance was 59,801 back in 1979 which shows it was bigger than Carrow Road even in the days of terracing wolfie.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Record attendance was 59,801 back in 1979 which shows it was bigger than Carrow Road even in the days of terracing wolfie.

Bloody hell! Nearly 60,000 as recently as 1979?! That has really surprised me.

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Bloody hell! Nearly 60,000 as recently as 1979?! That has really surprised me.

The only time I have been to Selhurst Park is when we played them on New Years Day 1980, it was about the only game on in London and the crowd was about 30,000. The game ended 0-0.

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Palace?

did they have E R on them ?

10 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The only time I have been to Selhurst Park is when we played them on New Years Day 1980, it was about the only game on in London and the crowd was about 30,000. The game ended 0-0.

Sat in the Arthut Wait with my OH that day. Awful game. Way before undersoil heating and played on a rock solid frozen pitch which wouldn't have been allowed today. Alan Taylor played and sustained a bad knee injury which kept him out for some time.

It was absolutely b*oody freezing and unsurprisingly my OH has never been to a game since.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It's an ad for Specsavers........

😁