Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

For those complaining about bad pitches

I must confess that St Andrews yesterday looked a lot, lot better than the other evening so let's hope it continues to improve and is in good shape Tuesday.

There was a mass overreaction to St. Andrews the other night, it was clear to anyone the issue wasn't so much with the pitch but the immense amounts of rain that had fallen on it in the previous 24 hours. 

That Newport pitch is a nice throwback though to the good old days 👍

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I must confess that St Andrews yesterday looked a lot, lot better than the other evening so let's hope it continues to improve and is in good shape Tuesday.

It was absolutely fine for our game, just sopping wet and the floodlights reflecting off it made it look worse than it was.  You don’t honestly think they were able to make ‘improvements’ to the pitch in just 2 days do you? 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It was absolutely fine for our game, just sopping wet and the floodlights reflecting off it made it look worse than it was.  You don’t honestly think they were able to make ‘improvements’ to the pitch in just 2 days do you? 

The ball was definitely running truer yesterday.So yes.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Where have i said that ' they ' have made ' improvements ' to the pitch ? I said it looks a lot better and hope it continues to improve.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It looked exactly the same, just drier. You should get out more.

It did not look the same at all but yes it was drier and by the way what is with the attitude of your last sentence ?

Oh, I don’t know, the need to whinge about nothing, maybe?  Brum’s pitch was and is fine. Period.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Sad 1