Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Just to quash a mith

Once again I''ve heard that Worthington can''t manage because he used to be a defender.

If you look at the current crop of managers Tony Mowbray at Hibs, Stuart Pearce at Man City, Alan Curbishley and Stan Alladyce all played in defensive rolls.

Most of the above would i assume be welcome in place by those who want Worthington gone.( Mowbray may not be made welcome?) So it''s not a reasonable arguement to keep saying he was a defender.

All the best managers build from the back. So are negative in there approach?

If you want to get rid of Worthington then that''s your perrogative but don''t base it on the fact he was a defender.

the point is that he manages like a defender. Unfortunatly his ability to see what is wrong and fixing it has now taken its toll. All i want is to watch a game of football. We could loose every week, but if we were playing good attractive football I would be happy. So much has been wrong for so long even in our promotion season things were wrong, the thing is they still are!! He never fixes anything and his solution.. loan/buy another striker! Don''t fix the midfield!! Oh... PLEASE LEAVE WORTHY BEFORE WE FORGET THE GOOD TIMES.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Drinks, are you an Igor?

[/quote]

Not sure what an Igor is RH.

All i''m saying is that there maybe reasons for changing the manager but the fact he''s a defender isn''t one of them and it takes up valid air time on the radio.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Once again I''ve heard that Worthington can''t manage because he used to be a defender.

If you look at the current crop of managers Tony Mowbray at Hibs, Stuart Pearce at Man City, Alan Curbishley and Stan Alladyce all played in defensive rolls.

Most of the above would i assume be welcome in place by those who want Worthington gone.( Mowbray may not be made welcome?) So it''s not a reasonable arguement to keep saying he was a defender.

All the best managers build from the back. So are negative in there approach?

If you want to get rid of Worthington then that''s your perrogative but don''t base it on the fact he was a defender.

[/quote]

You are right but the truth is he can`t manage because he is a poor manager

Worthy out.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]The Great Drinkell replied

Not sure what an Igor is RH.

I suggest you read some Terry Pratchett Discworld books then Drinks.[/quote]

Ah things are a little clearer RH, you base your comments on fiction I try to base mine on fact. ( see original posting.)

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

Yes, to base the argument on the fact he was a defender, therefore explaining his ineptness as a manager would be a gross error of judgment.

He''s a poor manager because -

He has poor man management skills, poor tactical knowledge, fails to learn from previous mistakes, poor substitute skills, favours very poor individuals while publicly slating more talented players, ignores talented young players, poor in the transfer market, fails to use players to the best of their ability, bases the team strategy on work ethic and not ability, regularly plays players out of position, fails to realize that midfield is the most important area of the pitch, wears a 1970s track suit and talks post match garbage.

Heeeerrrreeee''s Johnny:

He has poor man management skills, poor tactical knowledge, fails to learn from previous mistakes, poor substitute skills, favours very poor individuals while publicly slating more talented players, ignores talented young players, poor in the transfer market, fails to use players to the best of their ability, bases the team strategy on work ethic and not ability, regularly plays players out of position, fails to realize that midfield is the most important area of the pitch, wears a 1970s track suit and talks post match garbage.

You forgot to mention: in warm weather he wears shorts with those 1970''s tennis pro (Connors/Nastase) style thin white socks stretched up his calfs...ugh...call in the fashion police.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

Yes, to base the argument on the fact he was a defender, therefore explaining his ineptness as a manager would be a gross error of judgment.

[/quote]

can''t argue with that.....

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Johnny I am assuming he has just developed these faults cos 2 years ago I didn''t see anybody critising him at the city hall?

I may accept he has taken the club as far as he can and maybe fresh blood is needed but IMO the problem may be deeper than that?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

You forgot to mention: in warm weather he wears shorts with those 1970''s tennis pro (Connors/Nastase) style thin white socks stretched up his calfs...ugh...call in the fashion police.

[/quote]

LOL!

Rude old - with comments like that are you sure you arent the only gay in this cyber village![:D][6] 

I don''t believe he has just developed these faults, he has had them from day one, they were just disguised for 18 months while the supporters, the Club and team rode a lucky wave, that lucky wave, energy and momentum started with the arrival of Hux [who came because of his impressions of Norfolk, the City, the Club and a safe area to bring up his Children] for 18 months it was easy to forget we had an inept manager and yes for 30 mins at City Hall back in 2004 I almost forgot too.