Sign in to follow this  
Felix

So 15 games to go average points for promotion is 86

So two thirds of the way through the season and with 64 points on the board who has started looking at the remaining fixtures and working out where the points are likely to come from. 
The average points needed to secure promotion has been 86 so allowing a few more I reckon 89 might be enough.  Thats 24/25 more. 8 wins and a draw from the last 15. How confident are we feeling? One positive is that although we still have Brentford, Watford, Bournemouth, Reading all to play they are all at home. Would be fantastic if some fans could be there to help. 

Come Tuesday night we could move ten points clear off the rest adding more pressure on those playing on Wednesday. Would be great to get a win at Birmingham.

I've been geeking out on this for a while, this thread shows a fair amount of statistical analysis of our progress 🙂

• Like 1

Remember the tail end of 2018? We had a lot of 'winnables' to seal the deal and really struggled to find a win! 

I'm sure we'll do it but you can't predict where the wins will come and when we'll cross the line!

• Like 1

Win the next two, and we are a win or so off a play off place,

But our expectation must be the title, given how well we have performed so far

However there is nothing we can 'aim' for - other than to just keep picking up maximum points from every game

It’s totally in our hands now

• Like 2

Quietly  confident that we'll  do this, bound to be a few nail biting moments....or will there? We are nicely poised , pretty solid and confident  at the back, we may well just roll our way to the autos with barely a care. 7 pts clear  is better than I would have  guessed at this stage..... our blip was exactly  that, a blip ... other teams have had them too and normal order has been restored.  Swansea losing really consolidated my confidence that we can maintain our position. 

Got a funny feeling 90 will be needed for top 2, yes Brentford are having a wobble and Swansea losing yesterday will have affected them but they'll bounce back.

What might affect them is those extra games they have to fit in, might cost them.

Anyone can beat anyone - we cannot afford to be complacent, there are no easy games. We have to win the next game, the rest takes care of itself.  

• Thanks 1

Looking back on the last ten seasons it really fluctuates quite wildly. Hull got promoted in second place in 2012/13 with only 79 points, yet Brighton finished third in 2015/2016 with 89 points.

No team has got 90+ points and not gotten promoted, so that needs to be our target, though I can see it really being needed.