Thirsty Lizard

One That Got Away

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

now at Northampton

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/wolves-sell-striker-who-rejected-canaries-1846264

came on as a sub v the binners last week

early promise is never a guarantee of future success, as our 2013 FA Youth Cup team show

I would argue that the 2013 Youth team lads have been remarkably successful. There are six of them playing regular first team football across the EFL.

25 minutes ago, John Ryans Express said:

I would argue that the 2013 Youth team lads have been remarkably successful. There are six of them playing regular first team football across the EFL.

A lot of good players in that side, I don’t know the stats but if what you say is correct that’s a great outcome for the guys concerned,.

39 minutes ago, John Ryans Express said:

I am not sure there are six, and only one is currently playing above City

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

A lot of good players in that side, I don’t know the stats but if what you say is correct that’s a great outcome for the guys concerned,.

Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Josh Murphy - Cardiff

Harry Toffolo - Huddersfield

Carlton Morris - Barnsley 

Cameron Norman - Walsall 

Not too sure about the 6th. Cameron McGeehan played at Luton and Barnsley after leaving us and is currently playing for Oostende in Belgium. 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Josh Murphy - Cardiff

Cameron Norman - Walsall 

Not too sure about the 6th. Cameron McGeehan played at Luton and Barnsley after leaving us and is currently playing for Oostende in Belgium. 

Thanks👍

That’s a terrific outcome IMO, as for whether they play above City is a total irrelevance of course, for the guys as players to make it as a professional is what counts.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Thanks👍

That’s a terrific outcome IMO, as for whether they play above City is a total irrelevance of course, for the guys as players to make it as a professional is what counts.

it is not an 'irrelevance' as it bears out the point that many who are promising youth players fail to follow on to a level of success that promise suggested

in fact, it is pretty much par for the course as very few do actually make it

and even being at the top of the tree by winning the FAYC, does not guarantee success,

which was the point I was making 🙄

32 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Josh Murphy - Cardiff

Cameron Norman - Walsall 

Oops, I had counted Cameron McGeehan in the six because I thought he was still at Barnsley.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Remember a couple of seasons back when we almost beat Celtic to the signing of a young player from Motherwell called David Turnbull who none of us had ever heard of. Here's how he's doing now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56141956

Celtic just lost 1-0 to bottom club Ross County, so when they say "rebuild" I think they mean "the only semi-decent player"

.....and to get the standard into perspective, Tony Andreu was playing for Ross County

Edited by Icecream Snow

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

it is not an 'irrelevance' as it bears out the point that many who are promising youth players fail to follow on to a level of success that promise suggested

in fact, it is pretty much par for the course as very few do actually make it

and even being at the top of the tree by winning the FAYC, does not guarantee success,

which was the point I was making 🙄

Well apart form the emoji at least you have responded without your usual abuse, so thanks for that at least.

As for young promising players who fail to go on to be super stars, of course very few will. The point is though Bill that probably all of those lads had the potential to go forwards and do well, the decision is In their hands and depends on their  own willingness to continue their football development and work hard. 
As for your point point about not a “ guarantee success” , nobody would disagree with that and to be honest I doubt it’s a point that has been made.

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Remember a couple of seasons back when we almost beat Celtic to the signing of a young player from Motherwell called David Turnbull who none of us had ever heard of. Here's how he's doing now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56141956

Hello comrade,

He actually turned us down for Celtic because they'd been chasing him for a while and he had his heart set on that move, but then failed his Celtic medical, didn't join Celtic for another year after that. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Josh Murphy - Cardiff

Cameron Norman - Walsall 

Bit a weird move that one, the Barnsley owners also own Oostende.

Owners finding a way of getting money into Barnsley for FFP purposes perhaps, by paying them a transfer fee from their other business?

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hello comrade,

He actually turned us down for Celtic because they'd been chasing him for a while and he had his heart set on that move, but then failed his Celtic medical, didn't join Celtic for another year after that. 

Good evening Herr Oberleutnant,

Yes, I knew all that. 

5 hours ago, Forst said:

What happened to him? I remember him giving an interview that made it appear that we'd really let one slip through our fingers "I feel sorry for the player they let go" or words to that effect was his description of events. Since then he seems to have really gone backwards.

I believe he was p*ssed off that we'd signed Simon Power to take his place in the U23 team, and felt that he was a better player.

With Simon Power now at Harrogate in League Two, and Glenn Middleton currently on loan at St Johnstone, its probably the case that both are bang average... but we'll see how their careers progress. Can't see either going on to play for their National teams at senior level. 

36 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Well apart form the emoji at least you have responded without your usual abuse, so thanks for that at least.

As for young promising players who fail to go on to be super stars, of course very few will. The point is though Bill that probably all of those lads had the potential to go forwards and do well, the decision is In their hands and depends on their  own willingness to continue their football development and work hard. 
As for your point point about not a “ guarantee success” , nobody would disagree with that and to be honest I doubt it’s a point that has been made.

perhaps you can now explain this post of yours

1. any season ticket holders that have been dumb enough to buy an overseas subscription to ifollow?

2. any non season ticket holders who would want to cover their tracks with a VPN, risk the VPN breaking down, and buy an overseas subscription to ifollow when you can buy one in the UK?

3. anyone dumb enough to buy a season ticket on ifollow yet spend hours scratching around to find and post illegal streams to the same game?

Edited by Bill

Just now, Van wink said:

Well I tried🙈

no. you poised the above as an attempt to misinform others on here about what payments I have made to ifollow, not for the first time either

all that is being asked is that you explain your own words

if only so others do not get the wrong idea about the intent behind that post

• Sad 1