Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Would you be happy with

4 points from the next two away matches. It should still consolidate our position at the top with less games to play. Norwich are well capable of beating Brum and Wycombe but that scenario would be acceptable. 

Nah 6 points. No point stringing it out longer than necessary.

We have the best starting XI and coach in the league. Need to get promotion over the line and start planning the next level.

I reckon 7/8 wins will be more than enough with a few draws.

6 points from the next two would be great though

No, I want 6pts so we will be in top form ready for our game against Brentford. We are perfectly capable of beating Birmingham and Wycombe, and victory would put us on 70pts at the end of this month along with only requiring 7 wins from our remaining 13 games to put us on 91pts

We should be taken 6 points off these two teams. Always good to get as many points on the board as possible before coming into the business end of the season. The position we are in now means that we don’t necessarily have to beat Brentford, Watford, etc. We just need not to lose as they will be dropping points too. As its looks like Swansea, Watford, Brentford and us for those two spots. 

50 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

4 points from the next two away matches. It should still consolidate our position at the top with less games to play. Norwich are well capable of beating Brum and Wycombe but that scenario would be acceptable. 

If you wouldve offered 13 points from those 5 games after the Swansea game I think we all wouldve taken that.

I'd take winning the next 2 and a draw vs Brentford to be honest.

Nope, as we stand now I wouldn't settle for 4 points. However should we only get 4, and depending on other results I probably wouldn't cry about it. 

• Like 1

Given the propensity for this league to throw up odd results (what odds would you have got on a fourfold of Brentford, Swansea, Reading and Bournemouth all losing yesterday?), I think on balance I'd probably take four points now. All it takes is an early worldie, a defensive howler or an iffy red card, and games can disappear pretty quickly.

If we got four from the next two and then a draw against Brentford, we'd still be well in control. Win the next three including Brentford and we're as good as there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

I reckon 7/8 wins will be more than enough with a few draws.

6 points from the next two would be great though

To be horribly pedantic - 9 wins or 7/8 wins with a few draws is the same thing . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

To be horribly pedantic - 9 wins or 7/8 wins with a few draws is the same thing . 

Oh of course, but bringing the number of required wins down makes me feel more comfortable 😉

Personally Im hoping for a clean sweep from the next two, largely so it takes the pressure off us and piles it onto the teams below. Especially with the Brentford game being the next fixture, would be lovely going into that knowing they HAVE to win to make up some ground and a draw would actually be a respectable point and a denial of them gaining ground. That said, Watford are starting to make me feel a little uneasy, Im hoping the 6 below us can start taking chunks out of each other.

There's going to be twists and turns for the rest of the season. We arent going to be the only team that doesn't have an unexpected result go against them. We are against bottom sides but towards the end of the season they're fighting for survival and often pull of unusual results.

• Like 1