Graham Paddons Beard

What a strange bunch we are ...

Last night I came on here to bask in the glow of being 7 points clear . What I found was squabbling and city fans calling each other out ? 
What’s the matter with you lot ? Zonal marking ? Who is the worst player ? Let’s meet up for a punch up? I’m a better fan than you ?

We are top of the league for goodness sake (oh yes  - “it’s a poor league”  ) .And  the Binners are having a shocker . 

Enjoy the moment .  

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Last night I came on here to bask in the glow of being 7 points clear . What I found was squabbling and city fans calling each other out ? 
What’s the matter with you lot ? Zonal marking ? Who is the worst player ? Let’s meet up for a punch up? I’m a better fan than you ?

We are top of the league for goodness sake (oh yes  - “it’s a poor league”  ) .And  the Binners are having a shocker . 

Enjoy the moment .  

Well said GBP, but my dad's bigger that your dad! 😊 

I guess you are referring to me. The guy who came on calling me a moron has posted 33 times in ten years and I saw the red mist. I was full of joy and reacted badly considering the good mood I was in.

If a complete stranger called me a moron in a pub I might well have reacted the same way. I don't see this forum as a sounding board for people to verbally attack others for no reason.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I guess you are referring to me. The guy who came on calling me a moron has posted 33 times in ten years and I saw the red mist. I was full of joy and reacted badly considering the good mood I was in.

If a complete stranger called me a moron in a pub I might well have reacted the same way. I don't see this forum as a sounding board for people to verbally attack others for no reason.

Fair point Keelan . I’ve just lost a fight with Greavsey in the car park so I don’t fancy another scrap. 😀

• Haha 2

If you guys are going to have a mass brawl just make sure you introduce the right subs at the right time. We wouldn't want any of that Farke dithering nonsense.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Enjoy the moment .  

I'm sorry GPB but I'm not having this. Are you saying that I'm incapable of multi-tasking??? I'm quite capable of enjoying the moment and squabbling with other posters on here both at the same time thank you very much. 🙂😉 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I didn't call you a moron.

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Oh no ! Don’t start all that again 😩

Fair enough. Quits

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Oi, how dare you say that about us. Lets meet up for a fight. Sir, I demand the satisfaction.

Then may I suggest duelling swords on Mousehold Heath ?

Noble gentlemens athleticism and the force of rapier thrusts ( ooh..err missus )

• Haha 2

Yep, fantastic results for us yesterday all round, topping off a fantastic week! We’ve completely turned the tables from where we were a week ago when the top two was actually out of our hands - crazy really! 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep, fantastic results for us yesterday all round, topping off a fantastic week! We’ve completely turned the tables from where we were a week ago when the top two was actually out of our hands - crazy really! 

More twists and turns to come too, I suspect!

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

More twists and turns to come too, I suspect!

No doubt . I still watch the games through my fingers from somewhere behind the sofa - expecting Emi to be carded or injured any minute. I still think we are two/ three injuries from disaster - but whether that is sensible , or just being an irrational City fan I don’t really know. 
I do have a video of Emi walking to his car after yesterday’s game dragging an ice bucket / meds box so that’s enough for me to worry about for now 🙄

It a forum where different points of view are discussed. 

Whilst some are hyper-critical when maybe it not justified there are still many on here who won’t acknowledge that the club or team ever do or have ever done anything wrong and that becomes just as draining and annoying as it is the other way round. 

this can’t just be the Norwich City Appreciation site. If so what’s the point. 

zonal marking is the latest wow everything great and never a problem topic for some. We’re in a league where the attacking prowess of most teams is far, far lower than the premiership. Where our zonal marking was without a doubt shocking. And will most likely be shocking again but some just won’t acknowledge that anything was wrong.  

I’m known for a pessimistic approach but am enjoying the season immensely. However I can’t  seen a solution if we return to the premiership to our problems of the previous campaign. Am I wrong? in many eyes yes am I allowed that opinion? in many eyes no! But I will say it because that’s what forums are supposed to be. 

• Thanks 1

I stopped coming on here halfway through DF's first season because of the arguments, stupid comments etc. It seems to me that it's getting that way again, which is f&!@ing ridiculous considering that we're 7 points clear at the top!

This time, I'm taking a more considered approach which may help others:

1. Just remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong it is;

2. Don't get angry, just gently take the p!$$;

3. Use the block button if needed;

4. If all else fails, be happy in the knowledge that none of what happens on here has any effect on our manager, players or owners.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Get your dad on him KGD! 

Poor old beggar supported City after he came back from the war ( he was from Yorkshire), and died the year before we were first promoted to the old 1st division.

24 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It a forum where different points of view are discussed. 

Whilst some are hyper-critical when maybe it not justified there are still many on here who won’t acknowledge that the club or team ever do or have ever done anything wrong and that becomes just as draining and annoying as it is the other way round. 

this can’t just be the Norwich City Appreciation site. If so what’s the point. 

zonal marking is the latest wow everything great and never a problem topic for some. We’re in a league where the attacking prowess of most teams is far, far lower than the premiership. Where our zonal marking was without a doubt shocking. And will most likely be shocking again but some just won’t acknowledge that anything was wrong.  

I’m known for a pessimistic approach but am enjoying the season immensely. However I can’t  seen a solution if we return to the premiership to our problems of the previous campaign. Am I wrong? in many eyes yes am I allowed that opinion? in many eyes no! But I will say it because that’s what forums are supposed to be. 

A good and fair summary. 

Should be able to post how you feel, open for debate, but with respect for other people's view. It's all opinion so can't be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Poor old beggar supported City after he came back from the war ( he was from Yorkshire), and died the year before we were first promoted to the old 1st division.

He sounds like a top bloke Keelan. Imagine how much he would have loved all of the current situation. 👍

I can just imagine you lot all turning up for a mass bundle! Zimmer Frames, Mobility Scooters and Walking Sticks! 😂💚💛👍
wearing your face masks and keeping social distance?

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I stopped coming on here halfway through DF's first season because of the arguments, stupid comments etc. It seems to me that it's getting that way again, which is f&!@ing ridiculous considering that we're 7 points clear at the top!

This time, I'm taking a more considered approach which may help others:

1. Just remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong it is;

2. Don't get angry, just gently take the p!$$;

3. Use the block button if needed;

4. If all else fails, be happy in the knowledge that none of what happens on here has any effect on our manager, players or owners.

Agreed with this, other than the block button, which I've never used. I find I can just ignore those who irk me. 

And those I don't agree with / who don't agree with me, are the ones I want to engage (in a friendly manner) more on here. 

If they don't agree with me, but block me so as they can't have a reasonable debate, then their argument is either flawed or they are just not articulate enough to engage constructively. I view that as their loss / weakness. 

I have never blocked anyone on here, and never will. 

19 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

****, just read this and I missed the fun 🤦

It could be a regular thing 

A socially distanced fight in the car park. 

Small admin fee for CSF. Winner winner.