First Wazzock

Are The Scum About To Be Taken Over?

Complete guess but ... 

Evans keeps a stake .  Also keeps stake in Training ground . 

Evans writes off paper debt in one of his businesses . He is probably writing off lots of debt due to Covid anyway - he can’t be selling many tickets . may not even write it off - just keeps it as a liability on his books . 

Evans pockets £17m. guaranteed this won’t go to the same part of his empire holding the debt . 

Leaves new owner to pay off Lambert 

• Like 1

This is going to cost a whole lot more than just the headline takeover figure.

They've got about 40 players out of contract this year. Very few - if any - are good enough to play at this level never mind the one above. So a major clear out is on the cards, how much money is it going to take to put together a half decent squad?

I agree the new ownership wouldn't fill me with confidence if it was happening to our club.

But its probably worth noting that if us and Ipswich were in opposite positions a lot on here would be posting about how jealous they are that Ipswich are getting a rich investor. That's what happened when Evans took over...

It makes no sense to me. There will never be a dividend from investing in that asset-shy, car crash of a club.

However, they're frothing at the mouthwith excitement.

Talk of waving 100 dollar bills at us and being 'Champions of Europe' again (they won the UEFA Cup in the Stone Age.)

I've always found it quite amusing and ironic that they have constantly reviled Lambert for always going on about his past  playing achievements, whilst continually reminding the world about theit club's own so-called 'history.' 

I would be quite amusing if this all fell through, as many of these convulated schemes do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I would imagine that the tractorfolks will be a little more reticent before waving banknotes at us this time. I get the feeling that Evans would sell to literally anybody to wash his hands of the debacle that is ITFC.

They'd have to get hold of some bitcoin and a load of promissory notes...🤓

• Haha 2