Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Be honest.

We should really be wanting our team to play at the highest level possible, so PL - but it is clearly a very much double-edged thing if the price is mid-table finishes at best.  The problem is that being perennially at the top of the lower league is not possible and would probably also get a bit boring.

44 minutes ago, percy varco said:

The Prem is obviously where we should aspire to be. 
But, be honest here, as a football fan, scratching about mid table ish in Prem with VAR etc or in a fight for Promotion in Champs, which would you prefer?

to be honest, I'd love a spell where we have a few years up there, a few genuinely international class signings, the odd cup run and stab at top half/Europe and some England call ups. Sure long term we'll float between the 2 and the championship is generally more fun, especially away days but we are so ready for a stint like Swansea had or Wigan, or Bolton, Burnley etc. no reason we can't do that.

You never know... Leicester were similar standard to us not long ago...

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Prem. As you say we have to aspire to be there otherwise what’s the point ? 

another one of these

Image result for norwich city open top bus parade

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This.

But if we get back there this season how disappointing will it be to have missed the getting there?

It’s terrible Nutty. I’m currently living right beside the ground . Which makes it worse . Imagine being there today , biting your finger nails , getting the win and then hearing the other results come through. The stadium would have been absolutely rocking - now I just watch the players leave and get in their cars . 

• Like 1

It’s funny, we’ve had so many experiences of ‘getting there’ - unless we intend to have a 1/2 billion pound squad, I’d take FA Cup final. Just once - the only other times for me have been the Playoff and being stationed in Düsseldorf for the Bayern game. 

Could we honestly pay 80,000 a week for EMI ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ditto for me. Others can choose what they like but I choose what I want to get out of watching my team. And it isn't being cannon fodder for EPL teams.

This is such a moronic position. What you're saying is you want to finish 7th in the champ every season to avoid any chance of the Prem. So right now you must be hating how our season is panning out, you must have boo'd at full time. We're going up, get over it and support your club properly or don't bother following them at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's all relative isn't it. I imagine the Binners are having the exact same discussion....winning (!!) in league one or cannon fodder in champs.  

Edited by Canario
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What people are forgetting is that it is the money we get through promotion , that allows us to compete so well in the Chumps. We have to keep going up! 

and it is the contracts that we could not afford when we last came down that almost crippled us - Maddison's transfer being the saviour

if either/or both B'mouth and Watford fail to go up this season their parachute payments drop by £40 million next season - a huge sum that has to be covered by further player sakes to raise transfer income and cut the wage bill

in B;mouth';s case that is not so easy as they already on loans set against future income

that is the reality of the PL.... fall, and you fall hard

Bolton, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Hull, Blackpool with clubs like Reading, Cardiff, Blackburn and QPR stuck in the Chs

I’m sure every City supporter wants to see us compete at the highest level, but there is not so much in the way of competition now, other than a dog fight to stay out of the bottom three, at an often crippling cost

a bit too much like Icarus I’m afraid

6 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

This is such a moronic position. What you're saying is you want to finish 7th in the champ every season to avoid any chance of the Prem. So right now you must be hating how our season is panning out, you must have boo'd at full time. We're going up, get over it and support your club properly or don't bother following them at all.

you last posted 9 months ago

no wonder you had to use this troll log in to be so offensive

• Like 1

Just now, Bill said:

you last posted 9 months ago

no wonder you had to use this troll log in to be so offensive

Not an argument. 

1 minute ago, Wardogz said:

Not an argument. 

wasn't intended to be

merely pointing out why you chose to use another one if your logins

1 minute ago, Bill said:

wasn't intended to be

merely pointing out why you chose to use another one if your logins

Seeing as there's no way to prove how many logins I supposedly have, why not focus on the substance of the debate. 

15 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Go on, be brave, have some honesty instead of Social Media bile. Answer the question with what you believe not by attacking others. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

U ok hun?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

a bit too much like Icarus I’m afraid

Only if the club start taking major risks. I might just be too optimistic about the club's current trajectory but I think they can do it wituout huge spending.

Just have to keep producing top young players like we have been. Ez.

why not highlight how you joined in 2010 made one post then did not post again till ten years later

it might help others to understand the motivation behind you twisting KGs post

if others feel it’s worth engaging with such a poster then that is their decision,

but it is at least one made from better informed position

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

why not highlight how you joined in 2010 made one post then did not post again till ten years later

it might help others to understand the motivation behind you twisting KGs post

if others feel it’s worth engaging with such a poster then that is their decision,

but it is at least one made from better informed position

Nothing has been twisted. You can waste your time guessing my motivations all day long or argue the substance of the debate. 

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Only if the club start taking major risks. I might just be too optimistic about the club's current trajectory but I think they can do it wituout huge spending.

Just have to keep producing top young players like we have been. Ez.

yes, I very much doubt the club will take a 'Sheepshanks' approach with reckless spending, and it will be interesting to see who the club has lined up, player wise

my concern, or rather annoyance, is when the numpties starting bleating when we don't take a reckless attitude towards spending

4 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Nothing has been twisted. You can waste your time guessing my motivations all day long or argue the substance of the debate. 

argue ?

that just adds further to what your motivation is in raking up some old login

as to the subject matter, I am happily discussing the subject matter with others on here

Edited by Bill

39 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What people are forgetting is that it is the money we get through promotion , that allows us to compete so well in the Chumps. We have to keep going up! 

100% this, I just do not get the "the Championship is more fun, let's stay here" argument, as after a couple of years and the money runs out will it be fun to be a Stoke, or a Blackburn? Will it still be fun when it gets worse and we become a Bolton, or God forbid an Ipswich?? 

So, I wholeheartedly agree with you. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

argue ?

that just adds further to what your motivation is in raking up some old login

as to the subject matter, I am happily discussing the subject matter with others on here

"Give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view."

Championship is more fun because we win matches on a regular basis.

However, I like the way the club is currently being run and at some point i think we will have a decent chance of making a promotion stick. Then we can see if we can move to the next level. Regardless I don't want to see reckless spending and would hope that financially we do not risk too much. 

Get it wrong and the club ends up like Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth.

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

100% this, I just do not get the "the Championship is more fun, let's stay here" argument, as after a couple of years and the money runs out will it be fun to be a Stoke, or a Blackburn? Will it still be fun when it gets worse and we become a Bolton, or God forbid an Ipswich?? 

So, I wholeheartedly agree with you. 

the money runs out usually just before the PL contracts run out - hence the number of clubs who find themselves in a financial hole after relegation

parachute money is not some extra bonus, but is used to cover (where possible) stage payments on transfer fees and PL contracts

ps check the financial position the club was in just before the Maddison transfer

1 minute ago, Bill said:

the money runs out usually just before the PL contracts run out - hence the number of clubs who find themselves in a financial hole after relegation

parachute money is not some extra bonus, but is used to cover (where possible) stage payments on transfer fees and PL contracts

ps check the financial position the club was in just before the Maddison transfer

Why does the way you worded this look like you're arguing this point, that actually totally agrees with what I said? 😂

I’ve always enjoyed the season before the prem .

Sitting watching MOTD and being knocked by so called pundit telling me how crap we are going to be and telling me we don’t bring in young players .....

Smug Shearer when we lose a couple of games on the trot .

I hate the prem because of what it’s become which is a shark pool of ultra rich foreign players and owners.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Who are you calling moron? Has your Mum gone out and left you alone?

If you read the OP, he asks what we would prefer. And no-one asked you.

You can have last season for yourself and I'll keep this one. 

And if you want to repeat this to my face, I'll email you my address and we'll sort it. 

Abused anyone famous on Facebook?

6 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

I’ve always enjoyed the season before the prem .

Sitting watching MOTD and being knocked by so called pundit telling me how crap we are going to be and telling me we don’t bring in young players .....

Smug Shearer when we lose a couple of games on the trot .

I hate the prem because of what it’s become which is a shark pool of ultra rich foreign players and owners.

This is my feeling really. I'd rather we'd be in the highest league but it's the whole hype, uncompetitiveness, the lack of hope and the circus of the thing. I don't like the Prem, simple as.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

And if you want to repeat this to my face, I'll email you my address and we'll sort it. 

I think the abusing of the famous takes place on tw@tter KG 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nobody called you a moron. I called your position moronic. 

"Nobody asked you" it's an open question on an internet forum.

I wouldn't dare say it to your face, you've proved you're an ard boy with your reply.