Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Be honest.

The Prem is obviously where we should aspire to be. 
But, be honest here, as a football fan, scratching about mid table ish in Prem with VAR etc or in a fight for Promotion in Champs, which would you prefer?

Just now, Herman said:

The second one all day long.

Ditto for me. Others can choose what they like but I choose what I want to get out of watching my team. And it isn't being cannon fodder for EPL teams.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Premier league, every day of the week. Just wish they'd bin VAR 

VAR would be great if they implemented it properly. Offside needs a margin of error with the advantage going to the attackers. Handball rule needs changing. The problem is with the arrogance of the officials; they're not accountable or consistent. Decisions need to be explained and mistakes acknowledged.

• Like 1

Yeah id probably enjoy Championship promotion over lower midtable finishes overall, but don't underestimate how enjoyable even last season against Man City was for example.

A version of the PL with no VAR definitely. This league is only fun when you're too good for it like we currently are, spend a few seasons in this division and we'd be dragged down to the others clubs level. Has everybody forgotten what it was like in the mid 2000's? Give me scraping for survival in the top league over  floundering in this division with absolute donkeys wearing the shirt

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

VAR would be great if they implemented it properly. Offside needs a margin of error with the advantage going to the attackers. Handball rule needs changing. The problem is with the arrogance of the officials; they're not accountable or consistent. Decisions need to be explained and mistakes acknowledged.

Totally agree, but I'd rather it just be binned completely. I've hated it from the moment the idea of it was mentioned. 

• Like 1

Prem all day long. Couldn't put up with the hoof and hack of the likes of Rotheram, which seems like most teams in the Chump. 

Just hope we make  a go of it when we get there.

• Like 1

clubs get invited to join the PL

we should turn them down

far more fun this way

We all love the Championship as it means wins.Unfortunately the riches of the Premier League cannot be disputed,and to gain those riches means getting beat more often than not!! Just hope we give it more of a go if we do achieve the aim.Feel there will be a fair change in personnel.

The format of the Championship is great and I do particularly miss mid-week games when in the Premier. But the highest league is always better to be in. You just need to be competitive – given the best chance to be competitive and tactically astute in each match.

Seem to be really growing as a club off the pitch right now. Need Premier League football to keep that going and that's what I want.

We wouldn't be enjoying the Championship anyway near as much after a few years of stagnation.

• Like 1

the riches just disappear in wages, and hefty contracts/transfer fees

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, percy varco said:

But, be honest here, as a football fan, scratching about mid table ish in Prem with VAR etc or in a fight for Promotion in Champs, which would you prefer?

Don't worry, we will get it every other season.😉

• Like 1

The yo-yo existence is really exciting, at least but it'd be brilliant to spend a few years up there and have a shot at winning one of the cups, or maybe even eventually pushing for the top six. It sure beats floundering around failing to score against Northampton and Oxford, either way!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, percy varco said:

The Prem. As you say we have to aspire to be there otherwise what’s the point ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Prem. we have to aspire to be there otherwise what’s the point ? 

This.

But if we get back there this season how disappointing will it be to have missed the getting there?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

This.

But if we get back there this season how disappointing will it be to have missed the getting there?

I've been twice Nutty and who knows, there might be another chance before May.

A Championship promotion season is clearly more exciting, but obviously the whole point is to reach the Premier League and once you're in it the objective is to stay there, as nobody actually wants to get relegated. 

So even though it's more fun to be at the top end of the Championship, it isn't where we want to be. 

Just now, ricardo said:

I've been twice Nutty and who knows, there might be another chance before May.

I've been once. Maybe get back for Reading on May Day hopefully for a celebration 🎉

I'd have loved to have been there today.

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Prem. As you say we have to aspire to be there otherwise what’s the point ? 

Exactly, but I am asking what people prefer. Some great replies, loving the honesty, but some good people answering without their emotion, just a statement of the Club’s aim. 

Ricardo, nail being hit there😀

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

the riches just disappear in wages, and hefty contracts/transfer fees

Which is why we have to continue being smart. No way Webber is getting Premier League football next year and not continuing improve the structure, staff, reach and quality of scouting and all of that other stuff we've neglected in the past. Keep doing that and I don't see why we can't be more than just a yo yo club.

Plus I love seeing some of the best players in the world rock on up to Carrow Road, and get beat.

It may not happen often but when it does it's so special.

Slogging out a 1-0 win against Rotherham does not have the same appeal.