Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Brentford lost,Swansea lost, Bournmouth lost, Reading lost..

Fantastic set of results all round all week really.

The stars are aligning.

It's such a poor league this year, it would be hard for even us to mess it up now.

Imagine if Farke knew how to make subsititutions - I expect we would have 93 points by now?!

Never mind, I'm sure he will learn one day.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Go back to TWTD

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Go back to TWTD

Take it you didn’t watch the game

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Reading and B'mouth looking a bit vulnerable to being caught up by the chasing pack just below

'Mad' Mick has fired Cardiff up with Stoke. Barnsley and Boro also looking a threat

Bournemouth v Cardiff on Weds it could be 'cherry o' to their top six place - and with Watford next Saturday they could slide even further

shame 😋

Can anyone help me? We won the League 2 years ago, but off the top of my head, can anyone please remind me which games we won, but missed chances, didn't make substitutions and had a poor Ref? I've forgotten, but I can remember winning the League.

Also, that season, can you remind me which games all the stars (performance/chances taken/subs made etc) aligned and we played the perfect performance?

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Reading and B'mouth looking a bit vulnerable to being caught up by the chasing pack just below

'Mad' Mick has fired Cardiff up with Stoke. Barnsley and Boro also looking a threat

Bournemouth v Cardiff on Weds it could be 'cherry o' to their top six place - and with Watford next Saturday they could slide even further

shame 😋

PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Also, that season, can you remind me which games all the stars (performance/chances taken/subs made etc) aligned and we played the perfect performance?

Leeds away ... um, er. Well, Leeds away anyway. I'm sure there were more, but they would have all been away from Carrow Rd. 

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Leeds away ... um, er. Well, Leeds away anyway. I'm sure there were more, but they would have all been away from Carrow Rd. 

But we conceded a goal that day Surfer, and to Bamford! 😉 

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why aren't we Seething?

'Cos we're too far north in the county..........

28 minutes ago, Nimble said:

Take it you didn’t watch the game

How many saves did Krul have to make?  Great game management on a day when we didn't play well. Good teams play badly and still win don't they?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Can anyone help me? We won the League 2 years ago, but off the top of my head, can anyone please remind me which games we won, but missed chances, didn't make substitutions and had a poor Ref? I've forgotten, but I can remember winning the League.

Home to QPR was very comfortable - but not a perfect performance because Emi got sent off. Away at Bolton was another very comfortable one. 

I'm hoping that given most of our current squad has been in this exact position before, we won't feel the pressure like the others.

the last two games of the season for Watford are...

May 1st   Brentford v Watford

May 8th   Watford v Swansea

I wonder what bearing they'll have on the final positions - hopefully we'll still be top of the pile!

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fantastic set of results all round all week really.

The stars are aligning.

It's such a poor league this year, it would be hard for even us to mess it up now.

Yeah i dunno about this man.

There are a lot more teams playing proper passing football in the Champs than there use to be, i see a lot more pressing too which wasn't that common a couple of years ago. I think we are just a superior team in general, not that the league is poor.

1 minute ago, Downloads said:

Yeah i dunno about this man.

There are a lot more teams playing proper passing football in the Champs than there use to be, i see a lot more pressing too which wasn't that common a couple of years ago. I think we are just a superior team in general, not that the league is poor.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think it's a far better league than the last time we won it, and I am really surprised as to why people feel it's a poor standard. 

Even at the foot of the table we have teams that have an excellent pedigree in this league.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael Starr said:

We win, get another clean sheet, results go totally our way and still people here are moaning. Get a grip!

This is a football forum for football discussion. How dare you accuse people of needing to get a grip! Be honest, you're just trying to stop me having an opinion aren't you?!

🤣

16 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

the last two games of the season for Watford are...

May 1st   Brentford v Watford

May 8th   Watford v Swansea

I wonder what bearing they'll have on the final positions - hopefully we'll still be top of the pile!

Ohhhh sweet. Grab the popcorn...