Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

DAVE WILLIAMS IN

i cannot for the life of me understand the city fans ,do they like this rubbish being served up by worthington ,his interviews after each dismal performance are a joke , ''we did not pass the ball'' why doesn''t someone ask WHY?didn''t the city fans like going to leeds sticking 4 past them and cutting them to shreds 4 past arsenal 5 past everton all at their own grounds ,well if they want those times back the man is there, in house, his name is david williams the man who put that side together ,coached it the team that Mike walker rode on the back of into europe ,until the influence of Williams coaching wore off then Walker was like "Barneys bull"lets get the man in and put an end to this mis-mash being served up by nutty nigel ,lets get the man in with something up top, from the    Colby canary.

Hi Ray, and yes, I am fed up with both the football (sorry, it''s not football is it, it''s hoofball) served up - also the post match comments, though I suppose we can take or leave them - we have got used to the same old stuff. No doubt you have your bingo card in front of you after each match counting them all.......... Notmean, pleasing, good work ethic, commitment, passing the ball well, blah, blah....Situation....

As for the football you use as an example, I think most of us would give all we have to witness, once again, real football such as those glorious matches stated.  You bring Dave Williams into the equation.  Quite right too.  IMO the board should appoint him until the end of the season (being realistic, no manager currently challenging for promotion is going to come here now), and then take a look around to see who could work with Dave.  I still like the idea of Mark Bowen too, on the coaching side, but a manager such as Parkinson or Boothroyd would be great, though now I guess we have left it too late to attract those two.

As for the fans, I think a great many of them are fed up with what they are seeing, but are in a stage of denial.  Those who admire Nigel cannot see that it''s that bad, and keep referring to the good old days, (as do we, but meaning the REALLY good old days).  It does hurt to admit that the man who brought us promotion has no longer got what it takes, and I think a lot of supporters are just desperately sad that it''s not working out.  They want to give him more time, thinking it will all come good.  I personally don''t think he can turn it around, and haven''t done for a long time, but a great number of fans obviously think he can.  The rest are just numb.  There is no atmosphere at CR anymore, the last few away games I have attended are more akin to a perfectly run library than a typical (in the good old days) away crowd from our fair city. 

The players who brought us such success and joy in the era you mentioned are long gone and a product of our superb youth system of the time, coupled with a great coach and motivational man in charge.  We don''t yet have a youth team who can stand up to the likes of Bellamy, Eadie, etc, though we do have some promise....We certainly don''t have a manager of the calibre of Mike Walker and we don''t have a coach.  Full stop.  Mike Walker had a great squad which he inherited from Stringer, which as you mention was part of the Williams magic.  Can we get back to those days, not in the Prem for a good many years, no.  Style of football.  Yes, immediately - as the coach is on our payroll.  But don''t hold your breath.... It may not happen until the close season when the changes can be made quietly. 

Yes you are right with most of what you say but Walker was never a good coach he relied on williams for sucsess , have you seen the youth team he is putting out ? the ball played on the ground , one touch football .players running into space , ajoy to behold , but then the city fans dont want this they want good old nigel .good help.us... my heart is breaking .my first match i saw at carrow road was reading in div 3 south 19 55 i wont put into words what i am seeing but i dont want to go any more.

I am undecided yet about whether to renew my season ticket, but I will do so if Nigel goes and Dave is given a major role, perhaps alongside Martin Allen. As a coach I do think he did well, but I am frankly not sure about whether he is right as manager. It would give me renewed hope though, if not for this season, at least for next which could be exciting with those two in charge.

[quote user="ray ducker"]Yes you are right with most of what you say but Walker was never a good coach he relied on williams for sucsess , have you seen the youth team he is putting out ? the ball played on the ground , one touch football .players running into space , ajoy to behold , but then the city fans dont want this they want good old nigel .good help.us... my heart is breaking .my first match i saw at carrow road was reading in div 3 south 19 55 i wont put into words what i am seeing but i dont want to go any more.[/quote]if worthy goes, williams seems a sensible suggestion as a caretaker.  would suggest the quality of the football at carra rd would most likely improve - agree its hard to get enthusiastic about going to matches at the moment.