lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Rotherham*****

2 minutes ago, Downloads said:

Wrong. That is not the definition of arrogance. 

Arrogant - Having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance.

He was just having an opinion. So now you see why someone can take offence.

The 'negative people' are commenting on the football, the 'positive people' are commenting negatively about other posters. Almost like an oxymoron that.

With all due respect, saying "I really think Farke should use his subs", or "I think bringing on x for y would be excellent", or "here's why I don't agree with Farke's use of subs, it's really frustrating" are all opinions, and probably very valid.

Saying "Farke you have a bench full of talent, use it", is precisely what you have described above. That person is suggesting they know better than Championship-winning manager Farke, who along with other staff, has done a pretty incredible job of getting the club to the position they are in given all our long-documented issues.

I do apologise if you find that offensive, but I find the lack of respect and level of condescension amongst some fans on here toward him, and their reaction to posters pointing that out pretty offensive too. I guess that makes us even?

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So no criticism is credible then, according to that logic. We'd still be top if we lose on Tuesday with Skipp in goal and Hanley on the left-wing. You wouldn't need a tenure as English manager to criticise that.

If he made decisions like that he wouldnt have the great record that he has

I think what is left to say is that if it doesn't work next time, then it would be fair to criticise the tactics then.

Is that fair to all?

i must admit I use the old cliche of one game at a time. Its all about the performance on the day. Say what you see at the time. If we play well then say so and praise them. If we play poorly, then criticise.

Don't defend the indefensible but don't find fault when there is none..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think what is left to say is that if it doesn't work next time, then it would be fair to criticise the tactics then.

Is that fair to all?

i must admit I use the old cliche of one game at a time. Its all about the performance on the day. Say what you see at the time. If we play well then say so and praise them. If we play poorly, then criticise.

Don't defend the indefensible but don't find fault when there is none..

A fair point Keelan.

But i still want to be able to say i think it's time for a sub on a forum in a match day thread without that resulting in someone commenting on me personally.

I think poster should only post about the football, not each other.

I'll leave the thread to everyone else (unless someone quotes me). Peace all! 

• Like 1