lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Rotherham*****

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Hope we don't rue our missed opportunities..... 

It does have that feel to it. We could easily be 5 or 6 nil up now.

At least we're creating plenty, it's not like a fortnight ago when we looked like we could play for a week without scoring.

That foul throw thing passes me off. Yes, it was a stupid throw but that Rotherham lad has at least half a foot on the pitch every long throw and nothing. Be consistent. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That foul throw thing passes me off. Yes, it was a stupid throw but that Rotherham lad has at least half a foot on the pitch every long throw and nothing. Be consistent. 

As long as part of the foot is touching the line, it doesn't matter if some of the foot is on.

Really hope we're not going to regret these missed chances, Rotherham showing enough but a 2nd goal would kill them. 

Thought we were lucky with their disallowed goal too, although to he fair the ref blew very early. 

Only problems are coming from our own making and as has been said, our finishing has been awful.

But they came out charged up and found out at their standard that you cannot press and defend. So they are sitting back trying to stifle us.

But as long as we keep making chances, then the goals will happen.

Please put us out of our misery. Should be over by now. At least Rotherham are worse than us when they sight our goal. Vrancic disappeared after 15 mins !!!! Good news - Emi has not got going yet.

14 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Should be 5 up by now but we are not, we need to put this game to bed if not we could be sunk by a sucker punch........

Yep

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As long as part of the foot is touching the line, it doesn't matter if some of the foot is on.

Watch him next time, it's fully over the line. Half his foot. Is that allowed? Wasn't in my day.

Edited by canarydan23

Would take a 1-0 win (although not good for the nerves)

I would take a buoyant start to the 2nd half (although not vital, it seems to be when we are at our quietest)

Mind you, I would take a 5-0 win, massive possession percentage, lots of shots and let ALL the other teams in the League fear us, and we not worry about ANY other team 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Watch him next time, it's fully over the line. Half his foot.

Can't see any streaming footage, I just follow the EDP24 feed. People sometimes get the Laws wrong though on that sort of stuff, so was just checking.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't see any streaming footage, I just follow the EDP24 feed. People sometimes get the Laws wrong though on that sort of stuff, so was just checking.

I may well have done, I thought if any part was over the line it was a foul throw.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I may well have done, I thought if any part was over the line it was a foul throw.

You did then. As long as part of the foot is on the line, it's fine.