Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Who would you say is the worst player we have had?

Duda was, wow, so bad.

James husband another who springs to mind of just utter dross. Those two in recent memory

Micheal Spillane. Or similar to that, blimey , I thought he couldn't cut it at the time of watching.

I thought Carl Robinson was an irredeemably useless footballer. He didn't seem to be able to do anything with any level of proficiency: he didn't have a 'good engine', he couldn't tackle, he couldn't pass, he couldn't shoot, and his first touch was woeful. Literally can't remember anything positive about him at all, he was absolute dog egg.

I tend to discount those people who played half a dozen games on loan; Shaun Carey was 'limited', to be generous, and I always thought Chris Llewellyn was hugely overrated (not the same level of sh*te as the others mentioned, but massively hyped by virtue of being #oneofourown). Paul Dalglish was also utter pish.

Edited by Feedthewolf

10 hours ago, king canary said:

In terms of sheer lack of talent, Brellier or Simon Whalley.

I believe in Huckerby's autobiography he'd asked Brellier why he wasn't passing to him when he was in space, and Brellier replied "I can't kick the ball that far".

• Haha 1

Husband, Drmic, Van Wolfswinkel must be amongst the worst I've seen in the flesh. Dave striker, Sibierski.

Mike Theo must take the award though I'd say

Maceo Rigters, RVW, Jason Jarrett, Harry Kane, Hartson, Husband, Hughes... I could definitely fill a team of absolute dross we had from 2005-2008 though.

Saw someone mention Carl Robinson. I actually didn't mind him. He wasn't good but we've had worse - Jarrett never deserved to play for a championship team! Who on earth scouted him?!

Glad Fotheringham got a mention, I remember seeing him do the 'Malky' fist pump for the press after a 0-0 draw with Barnsley,  Never forgave him for it!..... Credit to his agent, made him a career from very limited resources. 

Gotta be Steven Naismith he was absolute dross, cost us £8.5m and 50k a week for 4 years. Had a good debut and remember him putting in a good 45mins against Newcastle. That was it for 4 years. Got released and still cost an extra £1m in a promotion bonus.

A player who had seen his best days. Whoever sanctioned that money and wage to a 29 year old knowing there would never be a resale value?

8 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Glad Fotheringham got a mention, I remember seeing him do the 'Malky' fist pump for the press after a 0-0 draw with Barnsley,  Never forgave him for it!..... Credit to his agent, made him a career from very limited resources. 

One thing that always sticks in my memory about "Fozzy" for some reason was in that season we got relegated 08-09, I think a month or so into the season we got our first win away at Plymouth or something and he did the post match radio interview, and he was talking like we were then going to storm the division that season. It was truly bizarre. We were woeful but it was like he was making out a win against Plymouth had fixed everything. Later that season he got in a strop after being subbed off and was never seen again. 

As for Jason Jarrett, it's crazy to think we signed him to replace Francis. The warning signs should have been there, he had just got promoted with Wigan but decided to join relegated Norwich. 

My mum is gonna get really upset with you lot.....

She used to work in the private ward at the old hospital and she said that Dean Coney was the nicest man she's ever met (including my dad).

Andy Townsend on the other hand she didn't like 😆