15 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Watford concern me more than any other team chasing promotion. 

Me too. They've only just started playing well and yet they're now 3rd 

Only tuned in at half time so have only seen the goals and the goal that Derby should have been awarded. Stats say that Watford have only had 2 shots all game and their first goal was a fluke. Are they playing that well?

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Now you have gone and done it because Nutty will probably call them Wonderful Watford. 😂

Beloved Brentford is sooooooooooo yesterday.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now you have gone and done it because Nutty will probably call them Wonderful Watford. 😂

Scintillating Swansea.

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You lot probably fell in love with a different page 3 girl everyday🙃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

What concern's me is the luck that they have or bad refereeing decisions always going their way - it happens almost every game and it happened last night !

First Watford goal - there was a definite foul in the centre of the park on the Derby winger which sent him tumbling to the floor, instead the referee waves play on and they score from the move. As soon as the referee waved play on I knew they would score !

Disallowed Derby goal - absolutely nothing wrong with it. Wisdom was allegedly holding someone in the penalty area !!!!??. When at another corner Watford player was holding - the referee doesn't give Derby a pen. These referees are ruining the game ! So should have been 2-1 Derby !

I knew they would win via controversy but thought it would come from a dodgy penalty.

As odd as it sounds, Watford picking up some form really ramps up the pressure on Swansea and Brentford. As long as we keep picking up points, this could actually be a good thing.

Control Ismaila Sarr, and half the job is done when playing Watford. Easier said than done, because he has extraordinary pace. 

Prez Placheta could learn a huge amount from Sarr - perhaps he will. Funny thing is, if Placheta builds up the rest of his game then he will be able to use his pace (if that makes sense!)

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

She worked for the Revenue in the building where I worked in London in 1975.

Sadly never saw her. Shame you missed out too. 😢

I joined the Inland Revenue in 1977. Two years too late. Story of my life😂

51 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Control Ismaila Sarr, and half the job is done when playing Watford. Easier said than done, because he has extraordinary pace. 

Prez Placheta could learn a huge amount from Sarr - perhaps he will. Funny thing is, if Placheta builds up the rest of his game then he will be able to use his pace (if that makes sense!)

I mentioned Sarr in another thread in relation to the fee paid for him. I had thought it £30m but the commentator last night said it was £40m.

He's clearly a class act but would we ever want City to fork out that amount for him? Or anybody at this moment in time?

Your comments re: Placheta are very valid, but our boy cost a fraction of that after all.

Also. We like Placheta's keeness, his willingness to work hard and succeed at our club etc. In this respect he is very much a Farke (and City) player.

I believe that Sarr wants away already, despite his very brief time at Watford. The commentator actually mentioned Liverpool interest.

There would seem to be a sharp contrast in attitude between the two, although who wouldn't rather have Sarr in the starting line-up?

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I mentioned Sarr in another thread in relation to the fee paid for him. I had thought it £30m but the commentator last night said it was £40m.

He's clearly a class act but would we ever want City to fork out that amount for him? Or anybody at this moment in time?

Your comments re: Placheta are very valid, but our boy cost a fraction of that after all.

Also. We like Placheta's keeness, his willingness to work hard and succeed at our club etc. In this respect he is very much a Farke (and City) player.

I believe that Sarr wants away already, despite his very brief time at Watford. The commentator actually mentioned Liverpool interest.

There would seem to be a sharp contrast in attitude between the two, although who wouldn't rather have Sarr in the starting line-up?

All very true. Sarr will likely go to a Palace, or Leicester, maybe Newcastle, Everton or Wolves, whenever his contract starts running down, and Watford should make a small profit. Maybe Zaha will move on from Palace, and Sarr will replace him. That's seems feasible. 

The only thing that worries me about Placheta is that he came into the side and was looking quite dangerous and involved, but he has stood still or if anything slipped back slightly. That can only be down to him finding the experience and coaching a little bit hard to take on board. I am sure we will be patient with him.

To end on a positive, Giannoulis has been the opposite - he has grown and improved with every single game. Looking a great find. Brilliant!

47 minutes ago, Pugin said:

All very true. Sarr will likely go to a Palace, or Leicester, maybe Newcastle, Everton or Wolves, whenever his contract starts running down, and Watford should make a small profit. Maybe Zaha will move on from Palace, and Sarr will replace him. That's seems feasible. 

The only thing that worries me about Placheta is that he came into the side and was looking quite dangerous and involved, but he has stood still or if anything slipped back slightly. That can only be down to him finding the experience and coaching a little bit hard to take on board. I am sure we will be patient with him.

To end on a positive, Giannoulis has been the opposite - he has grown and improved with every single game. Looking a great find. Brilliant!

He's still only 22 - plenty of time to develop and for things to click. Look at Carlton Morris, been bumping around the lower leagues for what seems like years - then at the age of 25 something just clicks and he's now scoring goals at the same level that we are playing at. 

• Like 1

Get them away and see how good they are just the 4 wins.  Still got to play at Bournemouth, Cardiff, Norwich and Brentford and Boro and Luton.  Looked at fixtures they do seem to have more home games than anyone else.  Do not consider them a realistic contender Brentford and Swans better footballing teams more serious challengers.  Bristol C apart even at home just getting thru last night and against us plenty of pens that hopefully will dry up.