Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Stiepermann playing with the under 23's today

13 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Do you not think his illness might have been why he was ineffective? I suspect he was suffering from it for some time before it was diagnosed.

Possibly, but unless he's been ill for over 2 years it's probably a mute argument. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Steipermann, but he's not good enough if we go up, proven by the fact he barely featured last season, no matter how poor we got. 

36 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Possibly, but unless he's been ill for over 2 years it's probably a mute argument. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Steipermann, but he's not good enough if we go up, proven by the fact he barely featured last season, no matter how poor we got. 

Don’t disagree with that, he’s not a PL player, but he is a very important part of our squad at this level and certainly a lot better than he was this season prior to his illness. 

One suspects Dowell was signed to nail down the number ten spot and then flourish into a PL player next season......hasn’t worked out that way yet due to his injury unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Do you not think his illness might have been why he was ineffective? I suspect he was suffering from it for some time before it was diagnosed.

Don't think so, he over-achieved two season's ago when the team gave him lots of confidence, last season was a step far too far and the fundamental problems are his first touch and his inability to keep possession.  For a big lad he struggles to protect the ball....  These problems have always been evident.

That season in the EPL would have decimated any confidence he had which doesn't help his cause. 

Edited by ged in the onion bag