Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Stiepermann playing with the under 23's today

Along with Sitti, Mumba and Martin. Interesting to see.. Trying to get them back to full fitness I would assume, so hopefuly good news that they will be back soon.

EulokPRXUAsJwGV?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Soto a sub or in the squad tomorrow perhaps? 

Pulled a groin last game apparently

Edited by kick it off

Really good news, I feel we've missed Steipi as an option at times, especially when chasing a game he just has a knack for picking a pass and most importantly scoring a goal or two. Hopefully he has no ill effects and can edge closer to a return

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Clint said:

Anyone know who Rose is? McCracken is the usual keeper.

Joe Rose is one of our huge crop of talented young goalies. He signed a 5 year contract with the club a couple of months back. He's been playing for Bury Town on loan this season (same as Daniel Barden last season). He's played in goal for the U23s a few times already this season. 

Young referee out to make a name for himself Absolute nightmare. Three sendings off. Every foul seems to be a booking. Very poor refereeing, but we will probably see him at EFL level in a couple of years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Young referee out to make a name for himself Absolute nightmare. Three sendings off. Every foul seems to be a booking. Very poor refereeing, but we will probably see him at EFL level in a couple of years. 

He won't be doing Coventry games though............

Woah. Ref awards two penalties, three red cards and a half a score of yellows! We finish up with nine and Leeds 10..... looked a close game and 2-0 flatters Leeds, the second was in 96th min.

We was top of the league after 5 games and now 1 point since November and something like 1 draw in 9-10 games!

I watch it last 2 games full 90 min!

Unfortunately despite some interesting additions as Sitti,Soto,Martin and now  also Mumba and Marko +Omobamidele and Mcalear (both make bench first team few times)we not look competitive away at Stoke and Today very shy performance again.

I know results is not key here but still shame form with on paper quality names inside start 11 with 4 points from bottom and 4 games more already played ...

Ref was not great, and 2nd half for the vast majority of it, our lads were unlucky not to score, perhaps a little too intricate in and around the area at times.

It's clear that some of those lads are not as old as others as you can see from the experience and strength of those who are older, even in the U23's. A few of those lads out there are from the U18's aren't they?

The Leeds sending off with scandalous, the ref will watch that back and wonder how on earth he managed to miss the fact their player cleanly won the ball! 

Can't argue with Sitti's two bookings sadly, he'll learn from it though.

I watched it in parts, Steipi looked a bit rusty in truth, but made a few good runs and showed a few good touches. I would imagine he's still a fair few weeks away from being near the first team

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

So given this thread was about Stiepermann, how did he play?

Mixed bag - some good things, some not so good things. Subbed off after about 70 mins. Object of the exercise is obviously to help him get back up to speed so hopefully it was a success in this respect. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

So given this thread was about Stiepermann, how did he play?

... know he's been out for a while but some things never change..... ol' Marco loves a concession of possession!     

He had a great 5 to 10 minutes before he came off, (was running the show) but other than that, it was his usual fair of losing the ball. 

Marco improved a lot over his game time.

Mumba our standout player by a country mile. Martin was good but decision making poor at times. Rest were a mixture of decent & one or two very pedestrian looking players.

Bali the baller looked like a player who's been told he's due for a big step-up in his career  🙂

• Like 1

Funny how before his illness pretty much everyone was saying how ineffective he'd been this season, no without playing he's what we've missed, the Cody McDonald effect as it is known. 

Personally, I fully expect Marco to move on in the summer, especially if we get promoted. 

5 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Lost 2-0 in the end. Ref spoiled the game. Sitti, Mumba and Omobamidele the pick of the Norwich players. 

It was a cracking end to end game till the ref spoiled it. I thought Mcalear looked menacing until he got sent off. Some good probing runs through the centre of midfield. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Funny how before his illness pretty much everyone was saying how ineffective he'd been this season, no without playing he's what we've missed, the Cody McDonald effect as it is known. 

Personally, I fully expect Marco to move on in the summer, especially if we get promoted. 

Do you not think his illness might have been why he was ineffective? I suspect he was suffering from it for some time before it was diagnosed.

• Like 1