Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Linked with a striker

I don't want to **** on the writers but he's English why would this be relevant...

'Healey is under contract until 2023 and any prospective summer move to England would appear to be difficult given the new regulations on signing overseas players from lower leagues on the continent following the UK's exit from the EU.'

• Like 1

Would be a rather odd target as he's never really set the world alight, 11 in 19 most recently in League 2 prior to this season and 8 in 18 prior to that which are OK figures for the Champ perhaps, but think he would be a risky punt for delivering in the Prem. Can't see him being ahead of Pukki or Hugill and Idah seems good for a no3 right now

Utterly daft to be linked with a championship striker at best when we’re so close to promotion, if we chuff up promotion then maybe an option but I’d really hope for better this summer if we go up!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Utterly daft to be linked with a championship striker at best when we’re so close to promotion, if we chuff up promotion then maybe an option but I’d really hope for better this summer if we go up!

Especially when we already have one of those.

I suspect it could be an agent trying to drum up interest in a player who is perhaps home sick? Only a season into his move there, seems a bit odd otherwise.

If we're looking there, I would suggest looking at the young lad at Plymouth Argyle. They are 10th and four points from the play offs having played 2 more games. They have a player called Luke Jephcott who is 21 and bagged 16 goals in 24 games, 42% goal conversion rate and 71% shot accuracy (according to the beeb).

People were miffed we missed out on Toney, but one would hope we could keep an eye out for the next player who threatens to be like him.

6 hours ago, king canary said:

I don't want to **** on the writers but he's English why would this be relevant...

'Healey is under contract until 2023 and any prospective summer move to England would appear to be difficult given the new regulations on signing overseas players from lower leagues on the continent following the UK's exit from the EU.'

I noticed that earlier, and it's still there. Thought that may have been edited out by now.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I noticed that earlier, and it's still there. Thought that may have been edited out by now.

Me too. I remember a similar edit last season when they posted a story saying Aarons might be sold to Spurs and loaned back in January when a few posters pointed out that that would be against the rules. I know they need to churn out copy but some of this is basic stuff.