If I were to pick the team that would it. We are only going to see the best of Dowell and Sorensen by playing them now. If we can't or don't do it during this run of fixtures when can we. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I know there may be some that would shout unchanged, but given we have had the same squad twice in a row Ithink some changes may be required.

mighty-nodge.png

I like the look of that side, do you think Sorensen and Dowell will really get the nod over McLean, Rupp, and Vranic.  I reckon it will be an unchanged side.

• Like 1

Nothing against that team, that's pretty much exactly what I'd pick. Need to start Dowell in the 10 for a few games to give him a chance to find some rhythm and form, Mario has not done enough to keep his place IMHO.

• Like 1

Dont think its a good idea to play skipp and sorenson in the same midfield.  Need someone in there to break forward and link...be it McLean,Rupp or even Vrancic from deeper..not sure if sorenson can do that.

Not McLean's biggest fan but we should leave the Skipp/McLean partnership well alone at the moment

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dont think its a good idea to play skipp and sorenson in the same midfield.  Need someone in there to break forward and link...be it McLean,Rupp or even Vrancic from deeper..not sure if sorenson can do that.

Not McLean's biggest fan but we should leave the Skipp/McLean partnership well alone at the moment

I think Sorensen is a smart player and would do whatever Farke tells him to do. He was good going forward as a LB so there's no reason he wouldn't be good going forward as a DM. 

I think it's tragic he's not getting game time as he was excellent (as a makeshift LB) when he has played and didn't deserve to be dropped. We need him to be in position getting game time and developing for next season. 

• Like 2

I think it'll be unchanged. Maybe Vrancic will make way for Dowell - this would give us a chance to change it if we are chasing the game late on - but I doubt Farke will drop Maclean.

• Like 1

Unchanged for me other than Dowell for Vrancic. If we want to give Dowell a chance of having any real impact/getting into his stride he needs some game time.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I think it'll be unchanged. Maybe Vrancic will make way for Dowell - this would give us a chance to change it if we are chasing the game late on - but I doubt Farke will drop Maclean.

Agree with that.

The team has just re-found a winning rhythm and Rotherham will no doubt be difficult to breakdown. Don't change it it too soon! There will be plenty of chances when enforced changes are upon us again.

Rotherhams recent form is very much better than their league position suggests and if we are not 100% then they are easily capable of taking points off us. To be honest unless we have injuries or someone desperately needs a rest then i would play my best side. I can see the argument about including Sorenson, though Mc Clean has done nothing wrong and its only when he is not playing that you notice what he gives. Is Hugill fit there was some suggestion he may be in which case i would like to see him with Pukki against a physical Rotherham outfit rather than Dowell or Vrancic. The latter has disappointed whilst the former has offered very little indeed when he has played.

Same team to start. Its Farke after all.

P.S.  Switched the bum to predictions Mr. Jarders.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Rotherhams recent form is very much better than their league position suggests and if we are not 100% then they are easily capable of taking points off us. To be honest unless we have injuries or someone desperately needs a rest then i would play my best side. I can see the argument about including Sorenson, though Mc Clean has done nothing wrong and its only when he is not playing that you notice what he gives. Is Hugill fit there was some suggestion he may be in which case i would like to see him with Pukki against a physical Rotherham outfit rather than Dowell or Vrancic. The latter has disappointed whilst the former has offered very little indeed when he has played.

I tend to go with it's a 'team ' game and we are better than the sum of its parts. All players compliment each other at present and offer different things. I would leave as is and only change if somebody is having a stinker. As you note Dowell is yet to impress yet we know what Vrancic is capable of too many times to quote and is very often the link up or indeed critical pass. A couple of less eye catchy games will soon pass. 

Leave well alone!  3 points please.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I think Sorensen is a smart player and would do whatever Farke tells him to do. He was good going forward as a LB so there's no reason he wouldn't be good going forward as a DM. 

I think it's tragic he's not getting game time as he was excellent (as a makeshift LB) when he has played and didn't deserve to be dropped. We need him to be in position getting game time and developing for next season. 

He was ok at going forward...but not great, hence the need for an attacking overlapping full back in Giannoulis.

I can see how we can justify shoehorning Sorenson in the team. If he's not the best player in any given position, he cant be in it and has to wait for his opportinity.

Same team as Wednesday with the exception of Dowell in for Vrancic, who was poor. To be honest, I've not been impressed with Dowell either but if he is seen as a successor here, lets give him a run of games to get up to speed after injury.

It’s a shame that we can’t kill some of these games off sooner. Had we got the killer third and fourth against Coventry by say, 60 minutes we could then afford to get more minutes into the likes of Dowell. But at 2-0 sticking with the current setup is obvious and understandable.

Yes that’s a team I’d go with too CC, though I’d expect McClean to start so I’d get Sorensen in for Vrancic with McClean further forward.

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nothing against that team, that's pretty much exactly what I'd pick. Need to start Dowell in the 10 for a few games to give him a chance to find some rhythm and form, Mario has not done enough to keep his place IMHO.

Oh is that right ? Who setup Cantwell for his goal against Stoke ?

• Like 3

Definitely no changes for me. We've got our attacking flare again after the blip so more of the same please. The only player whose place may be under threat is Vrancic but Dowell hasn't done enough imo when he's come on to force the manager to make a change. 

Can't see any changes to the team.

What has Dowell done to deserve a start?  Imo he has to show more when he comes on the pitch from the bench.  Yes, a run of games from the start might help him, but he has to earn that and he hasn't done that yet imo.  Cantwell is setting the example at the moment for work rate and desire and the very minimum we need from Dowell is to see that when he comes on the pitch.  He looked quite lively when he came on against Coventry, but not much else.

Sorensen is unlucky not to be picked outright, but he will get his chance again and hopefully take it.  Bit disappointed not to see him on the pitch, but who do you drop?  It's a tough one, but shows the strength in depth we have.  He seems a cool customer though and is a big asset for us.  I'd like to see him alongside Skipp, but then McLean doesn't deserve to be dropped.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can't see any changes to the team.

What has Dowell done to deserve a start?  Imo he has to show more when he comes on the pitch from the bench.  Yes, a run of games from the start might help him, but he has to earn that and he hasn't done that yet imo.  Cantwell is setting the example at the moment for work rate and desire and the very minimum we need from Dowell is to see that when he comes on the pitch.  He looked quite lively when he came on against Coventry, but not much else.

Sorensen is unlucky not to be picked outright, but he will get his chance again and hopefully take it.  Bit disappointed not to see him on the pitch, but who do you drop?  It's a tough one, but shows the strength in depth we have.  He seems a cool customer though and is a big asset for us.  I'd like to see him alongside Skipp, but then McLean doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I agree nobody deserves to be dropped right now.

However from Feb 13th to March 6th we've got 7 games in 21 days so a bit of rotation is needed at points.

I can imagine Farke will keep things the same. Dowell still needs to get up to match fitness, so would bring him on earlier than he has been. But yes, he does need to step it up a level.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Unchanged for me other than Dowell for Vrancic. If we want to give Dowell a chance of having any real impact/getting into his stride he needs some game time.

Same. Vrancic didn't have his best game either so its an opportunity to make a change in that position.

I'd bring Rupp in for McLean and Dowell on for Vrancic. Otherwise, assuming everyone else is fit and gets no knocks in training, keep unchanged.

Both Dowell and Rupp need some quality game time, and Vrancic doesn't really fill me with confidence at 10.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He was ok at going forward...but not great, hence the need for an attacking overlapping full back in Giannoulis.

I can see how we can justify shoehorning Sorenson in the team. If he's not the best player in any given position, he cant be in it and has to wait for his opportinity.

I think playing a DM as a DM would make sense. The way I justify it is: he needs to get game time in the position he was brought into play; we have a reasonably straightforward run of opposition; we have lots of games and need to rotate the squad; and we surely don't want to wait until next season to play him bearing in mind we, most likely, won't have Skipp around. 

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd bring Rupp in for McLean and Dowell on for Vrancic. Otherwise, assuming everyone else is fit and gets no knocks in training, keep unchanged.

Both Dowell and Rupp need some quality game time, and Vrancic doesn't really fill me with confidence at 10.

Pukki until recently again hadn't been filling me with confidence at No 9 (indeed if Hugill had been fit I might have dropped him). Vrancic appears now to of taken over from McLean in this respect as the scapegoat.

Luckily none of us are football managers and only see what we want to see, usually not the oft missed running off the ball and making space. Was it Greavsie in his day could have a stinker, never touch the ball but always had two players marking him out of the game (hence making space elsewhere).

Just opinions. 

Leave as is.

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Ah the old completely make stuff up to justify a view. 

On that logic no player would make mistakes. 

I see the pinkun geniuses all want McLean dropped in favour of sorenson. 

A player yet to prove they are any good in the defensive role or the deep Acf role. 

But yeah, he will be good there, drop the player doing the job already. 

And playing two purely defensive players in the middle is stupid, which is why you won't see tettey and skipp start. It will always be Rupp or McLean. 

You're like kids on football manager. 

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Same team as Wednesday with the exception of Dowell in for Vrancic, who was poor. To be honest, I've not been impressed with Dowell either but if he is seen as a successor here, lets give him a run of games to get up to speed after injury.

Agreed. No disrespect to Rotheram but it's a good time for Dowell to be given a chance.

15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Ah the old completely make stuff up to justify a view. 

On that logic no player would make mistakes. 

That's your opinion Jerry, just as my post was my opinion. We're allowed them as we're not Vulcan. 

I'm not even sure what part of my post you're even referring to. 

Anyway, as always, it's great to hear from you Jerry.