birchfest

What's your Five Year Plan/ambition for the club?

We often hear from those inside the club about a plan, sometimes with the cliche 5 year time scale attached ( I'm looking at you McNally!), or sometimes with a position within the football pyramid being used. Reading the Delia quotes today once again highlighted the ambitions and goals of what this club should be and where it should be and the method we would achieve it by.

So Im just curious to know, in 5 years time or so where would you like to see Norwich? On the pitch and off the pitch what would you like to have seen change or progress, how did we do it? Try and keep it as realistic as you can, I think its actually quite an interesting question for a club like ours who probably never be a top 4 Prem side but still have a great deal of potential! 

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

We often hear from those inside the club about a plan, sometimes with the cliche 5 year time scale attached ( I'm looking at you McNally!), or sometimes with a position within the football pyramid being used. Reading the Delia quotes today once again highlighted the ambitions and goals of what this club should be and where it should be and the method we would achieve it by.

So Im just curious to know, in 5 years time or so where would you like to see Norwich? On the pitch and off the pitch what would you like to have seen change or progress, how did we do it? Try and keep it as realistic as you can, I think its actually quite an interesting question for a club like ours who probably never be a top 4 Prem side but still have a great deal of potential! 

Er point of order Mr Chairman............ we finished 3rd in the Premier League in 1992/93. 

• Like 1

Step 1 - Get promoted to the EPL.

Step 2 - Stay there.

I’d be perfectly happy as a mid-lower table Premier League club. 2 or more seasons of that in a row would allow for proper investment in the team, the completion of our academy initiatives and a decent chunk of cash set aside for the expansion of the City stand, long overdue. 

• Like 5

Id like to think we will still be playing an entertaining brand of football with a strong representation of the academy in our starting eleven.

I'd also like to think we're either fighting for promotion or trying to stay in the Premier League, but despite some posters thoughts on here we've actually been unbelievably lucky as fans to have pretty much had something to play for in most of the last 10 seasons. Not too many fans have had that privilege. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Id like to think we will still be playing an entertaining brand of football with a strong representation of the academy in our starting eleven.

I'd also like to think we're either fighting for promotion or trying to stay in the Premier League, but despite some posters thoughts on here we've actually been unbelievably lucky as fans to have pretty much had something to play for in most of the last 10 seasons. Not too many fans have had that privilege. 

Hi there Neil Doncaster, how’s it up in Scotland?

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Step 1 - Get promoted to the EPL.

Step 2 - Stay there.

I’d be perfectly happy as a mid-lower table Premier League club. 2 or more seasons of that in a row would allow for proper investment in the team, the completion of our academy initiatives and a decent chunk of cash set aside for the expansion of the City stand, long overdue. 

Let’s just do a Burnley👍

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hi there Neil Doncaster, how’s it up in Scotland?

Hi there "We'll sell all our young players in the summer", "the board have no ambition to get promoted again", what's it like always being wrong?

• Haha 1

Survival in the lower parts of the premiership - season after season of getting tonked, interspersed with the odd memorable win. I think I prefer yo-yoing - at least there is always an edge to a game. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, astro said:

Survival in the lower parts of the premiership - season after season of getting tonked, interspersed with the odd memorable win. I think I prefer yo-yoing - at least there is always an edge to a game. 

Neither is that fun in my opinion- yo-yoing you have to accept getting tonked and relegated every other season.

Personally I'd like to see us spend a few consecutive years in the Premier League and try our best to win a cup. 

Established in the prem. breaking our transfer record spent and received for a player. Plans drawn up for our ground extension. 

Slowly but surely  improve our league position incrementally  until eventually  Lakeyo is correct  and we finish in the top four.  Then he can be hailed as the true visionary that he is

1. To mainain the club in a healthy position financially and structurally by continuing with the same policies that are in place now, whatever division we are in, whether it means PL or not.

2. If either/both Farke and Webber leave during those five years, that plans are in place to have a good idea who would come in to those jobs.

3. To put some money aside year on year for ground improvements as in a rebuilding or refurbishment and extension of the city stand with the aim that by year five, building can start.

4. To get promoted to the PL and be able to stay there - not by spending big on players, but by the sheer quality of football we play because of the systems in place with youth and continued clever/creative player recruitment. Once in the PL, to always play without fear and that the mentality is there to win it, should we find that success on the pitch leads us towards the top of the table.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Five years 'getting by' in the Premier League and thus becoming established enough at that level to be able to continue with our incredible youth policy whilst promoting our fantastic academy facilities and being able to finally expand that silly little, out-dated, embarrassment of a main stand.

All this whilst seeing some of the world's best players at Carrow Road, increasing the club's profile and fanbase, lording it over the binners, achieving the occasional Man. City moment and having a decent stab at a cup. 

Failing this, then five years in the Premier League alternating with five years getting there.

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s just do a Burnley👍

I'm not sure that this statement will age well 😁

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Get promoted, stay up and make it to a cup final. 

This, however, is a far better statement! Perhaps win rather than just get to the final?

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

This, however, is a far better statement! Perhaps win rather than just get to the final?

Oh yes please, beat Leicester 3.2 just like we did in the Mr Clutch final under Mike Bassett. 

My ambition 5 year plan/aim would be for us to be still in the premier league (even if we've gone down and back up again) and with the ground expanded.

One of my main gripes wiht the last few seasons is that in terms of imporved infrastructure we've not had much to show for the reletive "success" that we have apparently had. Even the training ground improvements were a belated think funded initially by the bond. 

We need to at some stage spend 3 or 4 successive seasons in the top flight so we can really cash in on premier league status and build the club further so that we pull even further away from the sc*m whilst they are at such a low ebb. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

My ambition 5 year plan/aim would be for us to be still in the premier league (even if we've gone down and back up again) and with the ground expanded.

One of my main gripes wiht the last few seasons is that in terms of imporved infrastructure we've not had much to show for the reletive "success" that we have apparently had. Even the training ground improvements were a belated think funded initially by the bond. 

We need to at some stage spend 3 or 4 successive seasons in the top flight so we can really cash in on premier league status and build the club further so that we pull even further away from the sc*m whilst they are at such a low ebb. 

Carrow road would be a cracking old school stadium with new City stand built. A nice legacy for Webber, Smith and Jones to leave on. 

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

That would be nice.

The two things I'd love to see us achieve at some point are lifting an FA/League Cup and then enjoying the ensuing European adventure that comes with it. A colleague of mine is a Fulham fan and that European run meant he got to watch him team in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Ukraine. Would love that experience.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, king canary said:

The two things I'd love to see us achieve at some point are lifting an FA/League Cup and then enjoying the ensuing European adventure that comes with it. A colleague of mine is a Fulham fan and that European run meant he got to watch him team in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Ukraine. Would love that experience.

Yes - it would be fantastic to follow them around Europe. Hopefully they will wait for the pandemic to finish before qualifying though! 😉

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Hi there "We'll sell all our young players in the summer", "the board have no ambition to get promoted again", what's it like always being wrong?

First part more or less correct, the next bit completely wrong (again) I think I predicted we’d finish top. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Were you not happy with top 6?  I’ve found our predictions btw, have a peep. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow