daisy

Which ex player do you dislike the most.

Easy for me, Danny "I think I`m so great" Mills. Knocks us at every opportunity even though we gave him his big break. See the Bianca Westwood post. A poor example of a lucky boy that squirmed his way through football by being a dirty useless player and now can`t bring himself to acknowledge the club in a respectful manner that set him on his way. Wants to be recognised as a Leeds legend, that in it`s self say`s so much. T**t.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely Danny Mills, it is a real shame as he was actually great for us and a local lad, but he sticks the knife in every opportunity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hates a strong word but contempt for Ben Marshall and the zero effort he put in at Norwich has to be right up there. 

And his most recent comments.

Going way back, this guy used to stir the average yellow-thinking person’s  emotions (agree that Mills wins the contest though)

97246DC2-CE4B-406C-86D9-D88C97CACF55.jpeg

Source: www.farpostheader.com/2020/11/heroes-villains-norwich-city.html

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Andy Johnson and Keith O'neill well liked after they left weren't they? 

Andy Townsend can be added to those two, he wiped his Norwich career from memory very quickly. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 8

image.png.4d01f9e4df7966de1203015abd24fa6e.pngDanny Mills all day long which was reinforced today when he told Bianca Westwood on social media who was presented with a City shirt last night to use it to clean her house.

image.png.6c687cf3a45102abd3fdc724ac152ec8.pngimage.png.6c687cf3a45102abd3fdc724ac152ec8.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

image.png.4d01f9e4df7966de1203015abd24fa6e.pngDanny Mills all day long which was reinforced today when he told Bianca Westwood on social media who was presented with a City shirt last night to use it to clean her house.

image.png.6c687cf3a45102abd3fdc724ac152ec8.pngimage.png.6c687cf3a45102abd3fdc724ac152ec8.png

That is awful, I suspect sky will not very happy with that.  Perhaps a few complaints

Danny Mills is a total bell-end. Bang average player, and even that's being generous (how the hell did he go to the World Cup?), but has somehow become one of the go-to pundits over the years since he has retired, and even there he has nothing interesting to say, but will slag us off at any opportunity. The bitterness from him is incredible, maybe it's because he was bombed out of NCFC for not being good enough.

I vaguley recall a match (not involving Norwich) where Clive Tyldsley was commentating with Andy Townsend on co-commentary and Tyldsley tried bringing up the subject of Norwich and Townsend just said nothing. Seems to be these types of players out there who feel they are/were too good for us and can't stand to be associated with Norwich.

Edited by alex_ncfc

Bit random and i don't hate the bloke but does anyone remember a Pape Seydou Diop? 

Played a a couple of games for us in 99. One home game in particular, a section of QPR fans wound him for about 70 minutes until he lost it and spat into the away stand, got himself questioned by police after the game and took the next flight out to France never to be seen again.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He has since deactivated his Twitter account too .

I hope it's because he got a substantial amount of abuse for being a bitter little pr!ck.

• Like 1

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Hope someone from the Club finds out and makes an official complaint, do you know if you can e Mail anyone direct ?

Or contact Sky ?

I can’t remember the game but in a return to Carrow road, Townsend got some crowd banter, and persistently made puking gestures at the Barclay. It stayed with me. He was in a good team when playing for us, but he was always a player I never warmed to. I may be wrong but he seemed to be one of those English players who wanted international football so choose Ireland. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tea said:

Naismith.

Seems a likable person, but he absolutely rinsed the club in a way that no other player ever has. He was given a crazy contract which he saw out to the very last penny. A legacy that nearly sank us. It was only selling Maddison that kept us solvent. Without doubt the worst signing we've ever made.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Seems a likable person, but he absolutely rinsed the club in a way that no other player ever has. He was given a crazy contract which he saw out to the very last penny. A legacy that nearly sank us. It was only selling Maddison that kept us solvent. Without doubt the worst signing we've ever made.

All true but the clues were there before he signed. Never wanted to come to Norwich but another one of Alex Neils desperate purchases. That man is so much better with a pittance to spend at clubs like Preston and Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, corbs said:

I can’t remember the game but in a return to Carrow road, Townsend got some crowd banter, and persistently made puking gestures at the Barclay. It stayed with me. He was in a good team when playing for us, but he was always a player I never warmed to. I may be wrong but he seemed to be one of those English players who wanted international football so choose Ireland. 

Honestly if it wasn't for his ITV punditry contract Townsend would have dropped off the face of the earth.

7 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Andy Johnson and Keith O'neill well liked after they left weren't they? 

Keith O'Neill was a really nice guy, had time for everybody off the pitch - got stick from fans because of his injury record, wasn't his fault. 

• Like 3

I'd probably go for Danny Mills, arrogant little man with a chip on his shoulder. 

Perhaps Danny we didn't let you go because of lack of ability, perhaps you've proved nothing wrong with your subsequent modest degrees of success and we actually let you go because we just thought you were a massive turnip and nobody liked having him around, I suspect that thought has never crossed his mind? 

• Like 1

Mills is a bitter silly man who is everything that is bad about football punditry . It’s almost as if he played for the Binners! 

I’d also offer up Sherwood? He never seems to have a good word to say about us? 

Townsend  too. As mentioned , seems to have re written the history books. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Danny Mills and Andy Townsend. 

Andy Townsend has the dubious distinction of playing hide and seek with 50,000 people at Villa Park and winning. Playing Everton in an FA Cup semi final with 10 men was never going to work. 

Both of them are pathetic. Rant over 

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

You don’t think lots of pro footballers see out their contracts then? Remember RVW? Nelson? Jarvis? 

I think he left as we had better options at right back. Daryl Sutch / Darren Kenton I seem to recall.

What Danny did with his career when he left was amazing, I never thought he was good enough to play for England and in fact I seem to recall he went on to Captain the side a few times - Incredible.  A superb career, he made the very best of himself.  I suspect it irks him that the coaches and fans did not rate him more highly.  Although he went on to have great career, at the time Sutch / Kenton looked better players.

36 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You don’t think lots of pro footballers see out their contracts then? Remember RVW? Nelson? Jarvis? 

Van Wolfswinkel and Nelson Oliviera didn't see out their contracts though? Both left with time left on their contracts? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think he left as we had better options at right back. Daryl Sutch / Darren Kenton I seem to recall.

What Danny did with his career when he left was amazing, I never thought he was good enough to play for England and in fact I seem to recall he went on to Captain the side a few times - Incredible.  A superb career, he made the very best of himself.  I suspect it irks him that the coaches and fans did not rate him more highly.  Although he went on to have great career, at the time Sutch / Kenton looked better players.

Danny Mills was primarily a centre back for us wasn't he?