Crabbycanary3

Troy Deeney injured

From what their fans have been saying about him and Andre Gray this season I'm not sure they will be too concerned. But he is good for putting away a penalty.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56113063

Looks like it could be a few weeks. I know one man doth not maketh the team, but he is their talisman (and captain) so from a selfish point of view, it's good news for us

I would say that this is bad news for us not good news.

Watford have had two good victories in their last two games. They beat Bristol City at home 6-0 and then won 1-0 away at Preston. Deeney didn't play in either game. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

“We’re coming for you”

Why aren't we Wat...oh yeah, cos they're rubbish.

He may be out of form but he certainly knows the way to goal. If he's on the pitch, he is more than capable of producing one moment to change a game. He is probably their most experienced player, at the business end of the season. They can't replace him at this stage of the season, so they are weakened. It's good news to all other teams.

Controversial character who seems to have gone from hero to villain with many Watford fans.

They may ultimately be more successful with him on the sidelines.

Now if Brentford were to lose Ivan Toney for a few weeks, that would be a season changer.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Frankly, Watford need to be more worried about us than we of them. Farke gets this right everytime, all we need do is concentrate on what we have control over, our own performance.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think I would keep quiet about wishing, or enjoying injury on our rivals. 

What goes around, comes around.

Nothing wrong with wishing for a few slight injury set-backs for some of our rivals in the race.

We have had our fair share after all .... I seem to remember City having to use even Stiepperman as a striker for a couple of games. That went well!

Like you say, "What goes around ....... "

Also: Until the day that any teams can be assured of 100% success rate throughout the season then it will also need to rely, to a greater or lesser extent upon the failures and setbacks of those around it. It's all part and parcel of healthy competitiveness.

Thought Deeney would be more important to them this season than he has been, he's still a threat when he is on the pitch but seems to have lost that extra bit of quality that he had a season or two ago

I said before I think they'll win the play offs but they won't get auto promotion, they're a big, athletic side built to play counter attacking football in the PL, they'll beat the sides near the top of the table who'l come at them and play but they struggle to break down more defensive teams and they don't like playing on the front foot where they can't use their pace as much. I think they won't get enough wins in the last 16 games to catch us or Swansea/Brentford.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Controversial character who seems to have gone from hero to villain with many Watford fans.

They perceive to have too much influence over club matters in the boardroom and think that he's influenced managerial changes.

Similar actually to how Russell Martin was perceived by many fans. 

He's the Watford Russell Martin, owners love him and a nice guy, but sections of the support think he's outstayed his welcome! 

Would have been harsh to ditch him in the summer a year short of a testimonial though, this is season 10 for him at Watford. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 19/02/2021 at 07:13, BroadstairsR said:

They may ultimately be more successful with him on the sidelines.

Now if Brentford were to lose Ivan Toney for a few weeks, that would be a season changer.

Mystic Broady............

On 19/02/2021 at 07:29, Capt. Pants said:

I think I would keep quiet about wishing, or enjoying injury on our rivals. 

What goes around, comes around.

yes, people tend to forget how many player injuries have been the direct result of comments on here 🙄

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Mystic Broady............

I made a little plasticine replica of the player last night (hairstyle and all.)

I stuck pins in it this morning.

On 19/02/2021 at 11:48, TeemuVanBasten said:

They perceive to have too much influence over club matters in the boardroom and think that he's influenced managerial changes.

Similar actually to how Russell Martin was perceived by many fans. 

He's the Watford Russell Martin, owners love him and a nice guy, but sections of the support think he's outstayed his welcome! 

Would have been harsh to ditch him in the summer a year short of a testimonial though, this is season 10 for him at Watford. 

Deeney signed in 2010-it was his testimonial last year.