Canary dwarf

Jacob Sorenson appreciation society

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

It wasn't a problem two seasons ago because we won the league with an unfancied side.

It's ok to be realistic Hoggy, having your eyes open and being aware of where we are doesn't mean that you're not a fan.

I have to say out of all of our midfielders Kenny has been the best at exploiting the space created by our wingbacks and Todd and Emi keeping wide and drawing out players. Vrancic was pretty useless on that pitch last night and did well to last as long as he did without being hooked. 

Sorensen is a defensive midfielder bought in as a replacement for Tettey and to be back up to Skipp. We still don't know if he will be any good in that position, but Farke is going to have to try it I feel. I'd be happy with a Skipp/Sorensen combo, with Kenny in a more attacking role.

But that of course means changing a winning team and keeps Dowell out of it!

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

It's ok to be realistic Hoggy, having your eyes open and being aware of where we are doesn't mean that you're not a fan.

I'm fully aware of where we are. We're top of the league. Again.

Is being realistic saying Kenny isn't good enough in the Championship? Is being realistic sacking Farke at the start of the season? They seem to be your views on realism, it doesn't make it right.

Equally, I've never said you're not a fan.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm fully aware of where we are. We're top of the league. Again.

Is being realistic saying Kenny isn't good enough in the Championship? Is being realistic sacking Farke at the start of the season? They seem to be your views on realism, it doesn't make it right.

Equally, I've never said you're not a fan.

My feeling about McLean is that he's not going to make the leap to the Premier League. He's Championship at best, not what a club needs if they seriously want to survive in the Premier League. 

Farke? 

He has gotten us promoted and looks to again this season. He deserves credit for that.

Has he got what it takes to enable our team to flourish in the Premier League? Didn't have the required skill set last year. He has to take responsibility for that.

Has he adapted his approach to ensure we survive upon being promoted? Not really. 

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I have to say out of all of our midfielders Kenny has been the best at exploiting the space created by our wingbacks and Todd and Emi keeping wide and drawing out players. Vrancic was pretty useless on that pitch last night and did well to last as long as he did without being hooked. 

Sorensen is a defensive midfielder bought in as a replacement for Tettey and to be back up to Skipp. We still don't know if he will be any good in that position, but Farke is going to have to try it I feel. I'd be happy with a Skipp/Sorensen combo, with Kenny in a more attacking role.

But that of course means changing a winning team and keeps Dowell out of it!

I agree with Capt Pants. We bought Sorensen as Tettey's replacement, and then got Skipp in. IMO Sorensen was bought for his tackling game, but always looked like he had great vision and passing skills. I side with Capt pants in that No.10 has caused us problems all season and I'd love to see us try a Skipp/Sorensen midfield and Kenny in No.10. Kenny gives us more physical presence up front as well.

Sorensen must have been told he was bought as 1st choice, but obviously that changed when we got Skipp. I can see us keeping Skipp for another season if we go up, as it'll be a natural progression, playing regularly and settled at a lower level Prem club.  Can't see it if we fail, and with Vrancic just not really establishing himself in the No.10, the double SS midfield partnership is an exciting one

Trouble is, just can't see  Farke dropping Kenny, or Rupp, before trying Jacob there

I'm just wondering when Max moves on that Jacob might become our first choice right back and being on his favoured side could be more effective going forward than when he played at left back. For me he has been outstanding coming into the side with only a few minutes notice, playing in a position he had never p[played in before and doing really well overall.  

44 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I agree with Capt Pants. We bought Sorensen as Tettey's replacement, and then got Skipp in. IMO Sorensen was bought for his tackling game, but always looked like he had great vision and passing skills. I side with Capt pants in that No.10 has caused us problems all season and I'd love to see us try a Skipp/Sorensen midfield and Kenny in No.10. Kenny gives us more physical presence up front as well.

Sorensen must have been told he was bought as 1st choice, but obviously that changed when we got Skipp. I can see us keeping Skipp for another season if we go up, as it'll be a natural progression, playing regularly and settled at a lower level Prem club.  Can't see it if we fail, and with Vrancic just not really establishing himself in the No.10, the double SS midfield partnership is an exciting one

Trouble is, just can't see  Farke dropping Kenny, or Rupp, before trying Jacob there

Agree with this, push Kenny on to the 10 slot and put Sorensen in midfield with Skipp

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

My feeling about McLean is that he's not going to make the leap to the Premier League. He's Championship at best, not what a club needs if they seriously want to survive in the Premier League. 

Farke? 

He has gotten us promoted and looks to again this season. He deserves credit for that.

Has he got what it takes to enable our team to flourish in the Premier League? Didn't have the required skill set last year. He has to take responsibility for that.

Has he adapted his approach to ensure we survive upon being promoted? Not really. 

You've nailed your colours to attacking Farke and you're now altering the facts to fit your opinions rather than doing what a sensible person does which is to alter their opinions to fit the facts.

No manager in the world could have kept us up last season with the devastating catalogue of injuries we had to our defence. To see just how impossible it is look at how Liverpool have collapsed this season when they have had a series of injuries to their defence. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You've nailed your colours to attacking Farke and you're now altering the facts to fit your opinions rather than doing what a sensible person does which is to alter their opinions to fit the facts.

No manager in the world could have kept us up last season with the devastating catalogue of injuries we had to our defence. To see just how impossible it is look at how Liverpool have collapsed this season when they have had a series of injuries to their defence. 

I'll ask you, 

Was the defence strengthened prior to the Premier League season?

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Certainly correct on Sorensen Replacing Tettey. Unfortunately luck not on his side when going away on international duty when he wasn’t needed, fitness dropped, picked up an injury and Skipp has taken advantage. 

As I’ve said previously, Skipp was initially brought in as cover and to boost the HG numbers but has far exceeded expectations by being simply brilliant.