lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Coventry*****

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Get the game we’re playing won first, then make subs. At 80mins if Cov get a goal, we may have needed Emi/Pukki etc on the pitch. No point worrying about all the games coming up if we throw away points before them.

Vrancic could’ve come off simply as he wasn’t in the game but the rest needed to stay on and Farke has done the right thing (but will get no credit as usual)

Farke will get loads of credit.

Doesn't mean you can't disagree with his use of subs.

• Like 1

Just now, Spillay said:

Adam Adeer is on.. according to Sky commentary...

Adam's Arabic cousin is on! 

41 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ha ha.

Great username btw

I try and make puns out of joint players on most forums I comment on. Thanks for declaring at 2-0, maybe if we get £50 million for being relegated we'll make a fist of it next time

Developed a hatred for the phrase "Sky Blues" after that. Excellent result tonight, and I see that the other team who deserve to go up are losing 2-1.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Farke will get loads of credit.

Doesn't mean you can't disagree with his use of subs.

I never said you can’t.

Just offering my opinion as you have. My opinion is he doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Subs hes got far more right than wrong yet it’s only the negatives that are mentioned.

Edited by Fiery Zac

3 minutes ago, Youssef's Safari said:

I try and make puns out of joint players on most forums I comment on. Thanks for declaring at 2-0, maybe if we get £50 million for being relegated we'll make a fist of it next time

I don't think you get payments for relegation to league 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

How the hell did we end up with 3 yellow cards and Coventry 1? 

Unreal that Hamer and James didn't get a yellow purely through persistent fouling.

They should have had a man sent off, as blatant a yellow as you will see. Very frustrating when you see Buendia getting zero leeway. So inconsistent.

Would have loved a third just to take away any doubt but I think it was never in doubt. Skipp MOTM again for me. Emi a bit quiet 2nd half but another improvement from Giannou.

We did what it said on the tin.

7 wins 6 draws and 3 losses will give us 89 points and as no other teams has gotten to 2ppg this year that will certainly be enough. Looks very doable to me and thats me being quite conservative, if we win 8, so half of our remaining games we'll only need a handful of draws and we can still afford to lose 4 games and still go up. It's all looking good right now.

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The ref was angering me. He didn't let the game flow. Whistle whistle even when he could have played on.

I think we are now just about hitting top gear. Which is great timing.

We have upped our level these last two matches and that must inspire such confidence. Perhaps we can now lead from the front. 

Great performances for me by Teemu, Skippy but also the two full backs were great ...Max and Dimitri take a bow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We lost the foul count 20 (TWENTY) to 8 as well!. Mind Blowing

Good solid away performance, did more than enough to win,- harsh to,criticise but it would be nice to be a bit more clinical.  Astonishing that their 20 fouls = 1 yellow whereas our 8 = 3.  Surely there’s a cumulative punishment, but even so some of their fouls were definitely worth a card on their own.

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Ref could not wait to book our players whilst ignoring the most obvious 2 yellow sending off ever. Great win against 12 tonight.

Good win against the sky blues but you've got to say the sky blues really didn't turn up in the first half.

The sky blues' pitch was awful and really impacted the quality of the game but fair play to the sky blues who at least improved after the break.

Teemy Pukki, Emile Buendia, and Martin Krul played well.

• Haha 3

With the sub thing I think if we score a third then DF would more changes sooner, just feel 2-0 is a delicate score line (away from home especially) however well you are playing as it only takes a lucky goal and the game can change completely, hence you want your best players on for as long as possible until you are out of sight. 

• Like 1