lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Coventry*****

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'm sympathetic to an extent, games coming thick and fast and St Andrews is two teams home ground this season.

Ricoh still got tumbleweed floating through it then? 

Men against boys. Some superb individual play with Cantwell outstanding. But where is Vrancic !!!

Watching this on the red button has been an adventure too...

- Dodgy sound

- Commentator referring to Brentford as 'looking unbeatable at the moment' when they lost their last game

- The camera inexplicably zooming in for 5 minute stretches so you can literally only see the player on the ball

Better than nothing though I guess.

Pukki has been top draw tonight really looks back to his old self. One step ahead of their defence and totally to much for them to handle. 

No silly mistakes (sending off etc) and hope no injuries on this disgrace of a pitch. Job done. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

Just now, king canary said:

Watching this on the red button has been an adventure too...

- Dodgy sound

- Commentator referring to Brentford as 'looking unbeatable at the moment' when they lost their last game

- The camera inexplicably zooming in for 5 minute stretches so you can literally only see the player on the ball

Better than nothing though I guess.

I switched from ifollow because of the Coventry commentary but Sky was awful so I'm going back. 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Think you'll find you've been awful because we've been brilliant

I didn't realise there was somebody hallucinating our players into being unable to pass a ball straight or even catch the ball at chest height. Anybody could beat these wastes of space

Brilliant half. Pukki, Cantwell, Emi absolutely electric. Giannoulis looking great too. How we’re not 4 or 5 up is beyond me but I’ll definitely take 2-0, particularly given what a state the pitch is.

Has to be said though while they pressed quite well and had a couple of early chances, Coventry have been pretty bad. Their defenders constantly look as if they’re running through wet cement.

It could have all been very different though had Hanley been sent off when Walker appeared to be running through on goal. If I’m honest I think he’s a bit lucky to get away with just a yellow as I don’t think either him or Gibson are catching Walker. I do think though that we probably should’ve had a penalty when Pukki was knocked in the box, and how on Earth Hamer or James haven’t been given a yellow card is a complete mystery, James in particular has commited 3 or 4 cynical challenges mainly on Emi yet the ref seems happy for him to continue.

Don’t do anything stupid and this will be another good 3 points. A big win similar to the one against Stoke would be nice obviously but as if this half is shocking and nothing happens I’ll take that too.

Edited by Pukki Blinders

... lads playing well but this pitch was never going to suit Mario and the game has passed him by.    He really struggles to contribute significantly when he starts.... we need to give Dowell or Hernandez minutes... . 

Just now, Hardhouse44 said:

Pukki has been top draw tonight really looks back to his old self. One step ahead of their defence and totally to much for them to handle. 

Yeah I feel like Pukki of 4 or 5 weeks ago would have wanted an extra touch for his first goal, lovely to see him taking chances with confidence.

4 minutes ago, vos said:

Men against boys. Some superb individual play with Cantwell outstanding. But where is Vrancic !!!

Cantwell just seems to glide past them. Looking very graceful. Hope he gets a goal 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Physically Coventry look as inferior to us as we did to most other PL teams last year. They're basically a League 1 side and it really highlights the massive gap between the leagues. Coventry were a cut above in L1 last season and have since added a good player in Ben Hamer and they still look out of their depth in this league...Imagine how far off the binners are right now! 😂

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Just now, king canary said:

Isn't it owned by Wasps Rugby Club now? 

Yeah but some of the shenanigans that went on .... you’d think that a Championship side would be able to go back. Playing at St Andrews jeez! Talk about having to eat $h1t....

16 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Coventry commentary is comical!  Timi Pukki... Martin Krul and Vrasic...

I'm pretty sure Ogrizavic just made a noise trying to pronounce Giannoulis 😂, worst commentary team I've ever heard. 

Watching on the radio for the first half, but I've discovered the red button games can be seen on Sky Go mobile, just not on Windows.

I now understand the comments about the pitch!

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Don't forget we are back there, next Tuesday as well

Hopefully they’ll have ploughed it flat by then 😆

5 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Yeah but some of the shenanigans that went on .... you’d think that a Championship side would be able to go back. Playing at St Andrews jeez! Talk about having to eat $h1t....

Yeah Coventry have the worst owners going pretty much. Saying that the Ricoh was always a ****e idea.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Need to put this one to bed and get some subs on.

Keep it 2-0 until 60 minutes then give Dowell and Sorenson 30.

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm pretty sure Ogrizavic just made a noise trying to pronounce Giannoulis 😂, worst commentary team I've ever heard. 

Did you not watch Millwall on ifollow? I think they were worse.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Did you not watch Millwall on ifollow? I think they were worse.

They were bad granted....