Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

cryptic Cantwell post

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Or perhaps people could stop over reacting to his posts ? So far it’s because he either isn’t playing tonight or it’s a contract problem, calm down everyone 

I dont understand why posters on here think its Todd's responsibility to adjust his personal life on social media to cater for our thick fans who can't read, our bored fans who like to read into things because they've got nothing to do all day and our unsupportive fans who just like to criticise anything and everything Todd does.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Who's over reacting? just speculating on a football forum about a cryptic message one of our players has sent out. 

Oh for someone ITK to comment..........thats all it needs. 

I think it's over reacting that we've already jumped to it being about his contract in some peoples heads. We don't even know if it is about football- for all we know the perceived 'disrespect' could be coming from someone in his personal life or whatever. 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont understand why posters on here think its Todd's responsibility to adjust his personal life on social media to cater for our thick fans who can't read, our bored fans who like to read into things because they've got nothing to do all day and our unsupportive fans who just like to criticise anything and everything Todd does.

While I agree, Todd does give out strong 'middle aged woman on facebook' vibes with posts like these.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

While I agree, Todd does give out strong 'middle aged woman on facebook' vibes with posts like these.

Unfortunately that is also generally in sync with 20-year-olds on social media at the moment. I personally find it a bit cringey but not as much as I do grown men speculating on his social media posts!

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Thing is though he clearly knows full well we have a bunch of knuckle dragging fans who read the worst out from everything. I have no doubts he is conscious of the reaction he incites with fans asking questions and trying to draw conclusions etc.

I hope it isn’t about his contract, nor anything to do with the club. But there is a separate question about whether it’s the cleverest move for him to knowingly cause a bit of a stir when it could be completely unconnected from NCFC.

I’ve been a staunch defender of Cantwell on this forum, one thing I would say about him is that I do kinda think he likes causing the commotion just a tiny little bit. Not that it is a terribly bad thing or that he is super extreme with it - just in comparison to players like Aarons and Godfrey who use social media a lot but only ever seem to have a very professional persona.

Of course perhaps our fans should just do better and not read too much into things but we all know that part is the given here!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

Thank God for Pink'un posters sorting out these mysteries with pure speculation and guesswork. I feel much better now i know what's going on...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Thing is though he clearly knows full well we have a bunch of knuckle dragging fans who read the worst out from everything. I have no doubts he is conscious of the reaction he incites with fans asking questions and trying to draw conclusions etc.

I hope it isn’t about his contract, nor anything to do with the club. But there is a separate question about whether it’s the cleverest move for him to knowingly cause a bit of a stir when it could be completely unconnected from NCFC.

I’ve been a staunch defender of Cantwell on this forum, one thing I would say about him is that I do kinda think he likes causing the commotion just a tiny little bit. Not that it is a terribly bad thing or that he is super extreme with it - just in comparison to players like Aarons and Godfrey who use social media a lot but only ever seem to have a very professional persona.

Of course perhaps our fans should just do better and not read too much into things but we all know that part is the given here!

Yeah I agree with this and I do question the wisdom of it when he thinks about his future career. I'm not saying a club won't sign him based on his tweets but it is possible that it contributes to him getting a bit of a reputation when clubs do their due diligence. 

I don’t understand this culture of having to air everything on social media, whether it’s, Todd or anyone else. Just live your own life and those that care, will know what’s going on anyway.

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

Has anyone messaged him back with "You ok Babe?"

Keep up AJ, it's 'Hun' not babe..................................apparently................

18 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Keep up AJ, it's 'Hun' not babe..................................apparently................

Followed by ' ring me i am here for you hun '............................apparently. 😜

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah I agree with this and I do question the wisdom of it when he thinks about his future career. I'm not saying a club won't sign him based on his tweets but it is possible that it contributes to him getting a bit of a reputation when clubs do their due diligence. 

Don't really disagree with either of the above, but he's not unique in this regard. Maddison was always quite similar on social media; to a large extent he still is.

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't really disagree with either of the above, but he's not unique in this regard. Maddison was always quite similar on social media; to a large extent he still is.

Yeah and to be honest it's why I don't follow any players on social media- they are either like Cantwell or so heavily PR managed that they never say anything interesting. 

• Like 1

Sigh. 

This could be about anything, a mate or a girl, perhaps a distant family member or a business relationship gone sour. The trouble is as Football fans we aren't privy to that and this is literally the epitome of seeing only half of a conversation. We then get to fill in the rest and it isn't a good look, as just by reading this thread shows. I really wish someone with some clout at the club would sit down and give the younger players a talk about how ambiguous social media posts can be perceived and the damage it can do to them with the fan base, even when its something completely unrelated. 

Personally, I don't think its to do with the contract. He certainly wouldn't be talking about loyalty when it comes to the club and set up that fostered his growth and gave him the chance to become a top flight player, when at one point there wasn't a single club in england that wanted him on loan. 

23 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Sigh. 

This could be about anything, a mate or a girl, perhaps a distant family member or a business relationship gone sour. The trouble is as Football fans we aren't privy to that and this is literally the epitome of seeing only half of a conversation. We then get to fill in the rest and it isn't a good look, as just by reading this thread shows. I really wish someone with some clout at the club would sit down and give the younger players a talk about how ambiguous social media posts can be perceived and the damage it can do to them with the fan base, even when its something completely unrelated. 

Personally, I don't think its to do with the contract. He certainly wouldn't be talking about loyalty when it comes to the club and set up that fostered his growth and gave him the chance to become a top flight player, when at one point there wasn't a single club in england that wanted him on loan. 

I'm sorry, but this is the responsibility of the people who are doing it - not Cantwell. There are limits which shouldn't be crossed of course, but are we really saying that players should be effectively censored on social media because a handful of trolls, retards and pearl clutchers choose to misinterpret their posts? 

Todd can post whatever he likes and he owes no-one an explanation, except for himself, 10 years later, when he looks back cringing. 

I'm just glad social media wasn't around when I was his age. 

6 minutes ago, Orly said:

Todd can post whatever he likes and he owes no-one an explanation, except for himself, 10 years later, when he looks back cringing. 

I'm just glad social media wasn't around when I was his age. 

Exactly. We don't need an explanation just because he is a footballer of our Team. Anyone reading it can speculate all they like, but as is the way these days, if someone says something with conviction or perceived knowledge, then rumours gather momentum. Doesn't mean it is true, but makes a conversation piece.

We do see only half a conversation, but so what? Just because you follow him, doesn't mean you're entitled to other info. That's the 'price' you may have to pay sometimes. We only see half of a conversation in regards to transfers that happen or do not complete. Unless you are physically there, or it is explained to you (by TC for example) then do we really 'know'?

12 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

The world is always against him, isn't it. Poor Todd.

He needs one of these.

Image result for balotelli why always me

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm sorry, but this is the responsibility of the people who are doing it - not Cantwell. There are limits which shouldn't be crossed of course, but are we really saying that players should be effectively censored on social media because a handful of trolls, retards and pearl clutchers choose to misinterpret their posts? 

I dunno I mean fair enough if it required some really abstract thought to turn it into something, but your talking about someone with a bit of previous for this sort of thing and well... I sort of just think its all a little unnecessary. Everyones life doesn't have to be a hot take straight from the lyrics of a rap song that then needs to be broadcast to the whole world. No doubt as others have said, he will look back in 5 years or so and cringe... facebook memories does that to me on a daily basis, 30 year old me wants to give my 19 year old self a good slap haha

Indeed - hence the maybe - I never professed to the ITK. 

Curious to see how he celebrates if he scores again tonight! 

45 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Indeed - hence the maybe - I never professed to the ITK. 

Curious to see how he celebrates if he scores again tonight! 

He'll get his phone out and post a cryptic message on Instagram.....

He is in a positive of influence. You don't see teachers posting BS all over social media... for a reason. Trump did the same thing. Didn't help him either.

14 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

He is in a positive of influence. You don't see teachers posting BS all over social media... for a reason. Trump did the same thing. Didn't help him either.

Cantwell isn't a teacher and he isn't a President of the USA.