Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Anyone bothered about Watford and Reading playing tonight?

Watford currently 0-0 away at Preston, early in 2nd half

Reading 0-0 away at Bristol City in 1st half

Edited by Crabbycanary3

I think Watford have to be considered a serious threat, don’t concede many and seem to have started to score goals. I think they have Bournemouth coming up which will be a big game for them. We just have to keep winning to put them under pressure 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Watford are better than both Brentford and Swansea....theyre the team we really need to watch

How dare you! The football gods will strike you down for disrespecting the divine Brentford!

Yes Watford do get a lot of penalties, is that because of their style of play, or bias from the referees, or just plain luck? 

Watford finding their scoring boots is a concern, they look balanced right now.

I still think Brentford are a very good team though. They could easily put any talk of burst bubbles to bed with a win v QPR tonight.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I still think Brentford are a very good team though. They could easily put any talk of burst bubbles to bed with a win v QPR tonight.

Agree about Brentford being  a good team but QPR have had a good few weeks (drawing here , winning at Watford, 1 defeat in 6, they haven't conceded more than 2 goals in a game for over 3 months) Local derby counts for nothing in these Covid times, but it could be a tough fixture for Brentford, coming off the back of a defeat. Pressure/confidence is a funny thing

3-0 Brentford............... đŸ™‚Â 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Agree about Brentford being  a good team but QPR have had a good few weeks (drawing here , winning at Watford, 1 defeat in 6, they haven't conceded more than 2 goals in a game for over 3 months) Local derby counts for nothing in these Covid times, but it could be a tough fixture for Brentford, coming off the back of a defeat. Pressure/confidence is a funny thing

I always think the making of the best teams in a division like this comes from how you react to tougher results. For instance when we took 1 point from games v Coventry and Luton we had the character to get through and then win our next 5. I guess we'll find out if Brentford have that fortitude over the next couple of games.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I always think the making of the best teams in a division like this comes from how you react to tougher results. For instance when we took 1 point from games v Coventry and Luton we had the character to get through and then win our next 5. I guess we'll find out if Brentford have that fortitude over the next couple of games.

Indeed, I feel Brentford are too good for a collapse of sorts, just hoping for a stutter or two 

I wouldn't worry too much about other teams, we just have to win our own games one by one and make it work through our own results. We're currently top, just got to keep winning to stay there.

I'm sure Watford have now got through their wobble, I agree with Crabby that Brentford look too good to collapse but all teams will have a blip, hopefully we've had ours now.

Most teams in the division including those at the bottom have the ability to win or take points off the front runners. We need to be at our best tonight against Coventry - they have the ability to cause an upset. Watford made up ground on us last evening - we must win tonight to match their result.

One shot on target, 4th away win Watford are particularly poor away from home.  All games won 1-0 except Bristol C and usually won by a penalty and yesterday's was soft as most have been.

Footballing teams will be the promotion candidates.

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Yes Watford do get a lot of penalties, is that because of their style of play, or bias from the referees, or just plain luck? 

According to the Sun, Watford have had 9, we’ve had 8

Watford for automatic promotion 

Brentford/ Norwich/Swansea for runners up

Then the lottery begins

11 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Funny old game Saint

Brentford could find themselves at least 4 points from automatic places if Swansea win their games in hand

11 hours ago, king canary said:

....or not

Brentford get into the dressing room and finding out Swansea scored a very late goal to win. That'll stick in their minds after 2 consecutive defeats I would wager.