CANARYKING

Meanwhile at Poooman Rd

On 18/02/2021 at 09:02, BroadstairsR said:

I'm thinking that Evans might well go for some of the old brigade. Dwyer or even Butcher or whoever is up for it, purely just to get the fans back onside.

The antagonism toward him, and the club in general, that has built up amongst the town faithful over the last few years has reached mammoth proportions. It will be reflected in season ticket sales which could be an embarrassment should Lambert be retained and another season of League One misery is on offer.

That is now his biggest problem as far as ITFC goes. I should imagine that the manner in which pandemic restrictions have inhibited the hospitality arm oif his 'empire' is foremost in his mind though.

He certainly seems to devote little time, thought or even concern for that "little club down the road" these days. He's probably even forgotten exactly where Portman Road is as he manupulates his pennies whilst relaxing in his chosen tax haven .

I briefly met Dyer once. He can barely do whole sentences. I hope they give the job to him and the 61 year old who has limited management experience. It would be hilarious 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I briefly met Dyer once. He can barely do whole sentences. I hope they give the job to him and the 61 year old who has limited management experience. It would be hilarious 

I think Dyer and Terry Headband would  be an excellent duo . It wouldn’t be the most articulate of coaching teams but Terry could show the players how to deal with head wounds and Dyer could show how to deal with getting beaten up by a teammate.  

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 1

And their fans are STILL chuntering on about winning the FA Cup.

Can I just tell them that, the Scottish club Queen's Park have made more appearances in the FA Cup final than Ipswich. And, Royal Engineers have won the cup more times than Ipswich have. The thing is you don't see fans from either club still rabbiting on about it, or demanding a star on their shirts

• Haha 1

I see on FB there's apparently a protest at the 'loo right now, be interesting to see if more than the 3 15 year olds from the training ground turn up this time 😁

57 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I see on FB there's apparently a protest at the 'loo right now, be interesting to see if more than the 3 15 year olds from the training ground turn up this time 😁

Training Ground? Who knew they ever did any training the way they are playing!

The draw keeps Agent Lambert safe for another few weeks and they should mid week fall into the bottom half of the league

He is a true Norwich legend 

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2021 at 18:13, spencer 1970 said:

"Green shoots" seem to be appearing though. Another hard fought 0-0 home draw against a team above them...Oxford Utd. 

you may need to look at the pitch, and not what's on the roof 😁

"However, Mick McCarthy took us up the road with a draw to play in Norwich for a play-off semi-final with David McGoldrick, Mings and an in-form Daryl murphy. The score was 0-0 at the start of the second-half. But a red card for Berra and penalty for Norwich changed the match. IF NOT FOR THAT, our whole history since 14:00 16 May 2015 might have actually been different. "

So, is that the David McGoldrick and Tyrone Mings of today (Prem players) and the Darryl Murphy player of today (Irish Premier League) or the players of 2015 (Championship players)? I am confused. 'In form' Murphy they say? He wasn't in form the week before, and he wasn't at Carrow Road was he? The only time we saw him in both games, was when Seb Bassong emptied his own pockets.

Also, can someone refresh my mind as to why Berra got his red card, and what would have happened if he hadn't handled it? I am just seeking clarification.

• Haha 1

I suppose if you wanted you could trace their downfall to that match, which kind-of makes it all the sweeter - but the truth is that they lost the game by some way.

22 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I suppose if you wanted you could trace their downfall to that match, which kind-of makes it all the sweeter - but the truth is that they lost the game by some way.

Is that the game where tommy Smith bundled in an equaliser from a set-piece, sprinted towards the binner section swirling his shirt above his head before running around the pitch three times and  then was seen heading towards the A140 before being reminded that the game at Carrow Road was still to be won?

Nathan Redmond was on fire that game..

They're away to Hull tonight. I'm a bit worried that if they take a hiding Agent Lambert might get sacked. Should we hope for a draw?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

They're away to Hull tonight. I'm a bit worried that if they take a hiding Agent Lambert might get sacked. Should we hope for a draw?

Might take a shock win to keep him in place.

At least until the multi million pound takeover is completed.😉

he's going nowhere

just as B'mouth were never going to appoint John Terry Henry

I see the Binners are a bit miffed that they unexpectedly won last night because it gives Lambert another life line. The explanation for the win apparently, was that the players had been told about the multi million pound takeover and Lamberts imminent dismissal.