CANARYKING

Meanwhile at Poooman Rd

We've  heard plenty of times that our 'hard times' of finishing 14th were a result of paying for the sins of the past. Ipswich are an example of a club that didnt see it coming.

Lambert would have to go abroad to somewhere strange like Cyprus to get a pay day after this, he won't walk. He's also potentially so expensive to sack that they won't be able to afford anyone you've heard of.

Can't help but feeling that mid table L1 is just where they live now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

I know he has a big contract but FFS , why hasn’t Evans got shot of him yet ???

the place is falling apart, it’s not going to better , he has enough money to get rid of him so why hasn’t he .

Im seriously thinking that Evans has some weird thing going on that we don’t know about.

Weird thing aside..... because that would be class A2 weird..... you would’ve thought that at the very least there’d be a performance clause in his contract that would allow for Lambert being fired without compensation.

If Evans failed to include such a clause, then the two of them deserve each other!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yes the ones they wore to Wembley in 1978

Aside from everything else I just have to salute you for the Post Of The Year so far.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Whatever is he thinking? Some kind of cunning strategic move in the corporate chess game... or simply the first thing that comes into his head, having used all the other excuses up already?

When someone continuously blames everything else for their failings, then they have a psychological problem.

Edited by CirclePoint

I've just had an enjoyable flick through TWTD. They really are a strange lot. I always look at forums for our upcoming opponents and most are just like this one. Twtd is unique in that if you have a thought you create a new thread. There are countless threads with zero replies on the same theme. Very odd. 

Although there are countless threads, there isn't a single one considering whether they could actually get relegated this season. They never beat teams above them, they're playing badly even by their standards and their next 8 games do not bode well. Anyone thinking they couldn't possibly go down should look at us in 1995

20210217_052235.thumb.jpg.8f30da5c349a840ceb02232446c24165.jpg

"I’m loathed to criticise players in public and that’s the way I've always been. And they’re young. They’ll come through things like this. 

It’s probably a learning curve for them. They have to deal with the pressure of being at a big club." 

I think this quote demonstrates Lambert has completely lost it. 

32 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

"I’m loathed to criticise players in public and that’s the way I've always been. And they’re young. They’ll come through things like this. 

It’s probably a learning curve for them. They have to deal with the pressure of being at a big club." 

I think this quote demonstrates Lambert has completely lost it. 

I suppose when you look at the teams around them they are a big club. Relatively speaking 😂😂

20210217_062349.jpg

A final point re the ref. Looks to me like he would have made mincemeat of the little Binner feller? Should have clumped the yappy little sh1te . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And I'm pretty sure there are very little managers that want to be manager at that shambles of a club

Billy Davies was pretty little, but I can't think of any more. Not sure I see the connection though?

Edit: I've just seen that Paint Me Yellow was way ahead of me on this one. 😶

Edited by Nuff Said

59 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

A final point re the ref. Looks to me like a would have made mincemeat of the little Binner feller? Should have clumped the yappy little sh1te . 

He was the Ref for our Cup game vs Cov a few weeks ago. No fights broke out that day

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

A final point re the ref. Looks to me like a would have made mincemeat of the little Binner feller? Should have clumped the yappy little sh1te . 

Looked to me like the ref was just wanting to get a little closer to be sure that the little $H!T could hear what he was saying.

Wonder what the cheating little bstard was saying as he walked towards the ref.

Edited by Van wink

This is almost deserving of its own thread, but TWTD has an ITFC haikus thread: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/498838/itfc-haikus/#31

Some of my favourites:

Promised us glory
But only delivered pain
Please end this story

We were really good
I know all about pressure
I've played for big clubs

We stood and we sang,
Clapped as the ship slowly sank.
It is nae normal

Deadened atmosphere.
In chill still air swirls dense fog
Obscuring top six.

Frozen cardboard fans
Locked in thoughts of years gone by
Just like Paul Lambert.

The tree on the roof
Stands bare and exposed, leafless.
There are no green shoots.

A month until Spring
When, mathematically,
An end can bring life.

A five year contract
Marcus, what were you thinking?
Now we're stuck with him

Thought the lads played well
Absolutely brilliant
Couldn't ask for more

A limerick for variety:

Persisting with just one up front
Leaves us dull and toothless and blunt
So Lambert's the worst
(Plumbing depths below Hurst)
Oh Evans, will you please sack the

And finally:

Lambert Sh1t Sh1t Sh1t
f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck
balls balls balls balls balls

Pure poetry.

Edited by Nuff Said

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Lambert Sh1t Sh1t Sh1t
f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck f4ck
balls balls balls balls balls

Can’t fault them demanding Farkeball there, over whatever ‘PR Agent Paul’ thinks he’s dishing up

10 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Do you mean like midgets or dwarfs or whatever we're meant to call them these days?

Someone like Dennis Wise perhaps? He's quite little.

What about Alan Little (Aston Villa)

managed 7 clubs

AL could have teamed up with Frank Large who played for 12 clubs including, ironically, Northampton Town three times .... but FL has passed on

and having the binners being seen as a joke club wouldn't be a good idea 😄

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Twtd is unique in that if you have a thought you create a new thread.

May i refer you to our very own cambridge canary.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

What about Alan Little (Aston Villa)

managed 7 clubs

AL could have teamed up with Frank Large who played for 12 clubs including, ironically, Northampton Town three times .... but FL has passed on

and having the binners being seen as a joke club wouldn't be a good idea 😄

(Funnily enough, keeping the Villa connection)They could have Brian Little up front, and Bryan Small in defence with Mike Small (not Villa this time)  up front

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

May i refer you to our very own cambridge canary.

To be fair to PU there’s just the one of him. That lot on TWTD are a flocking disgrace when it comes to one-liners.
So many threads on there they could knit a coat for a Suffolk nag left out in the cold by the 21st century

6 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

(Funnily enough, keeping the Villa connection)They could have Brian Little up front, and Bryan Small in defence with Mike Small (not Villa this time)  up front

as long as one of the others was happy

....or grumpy. depending on how the game went

they might even lure our ginger pele (doc) to lace up his boots again

I saw something on there which cracked me up last night, someone posted that they have a "rich and envied heritage" 😂 The delusion is real. 

Surely they can see what an embarrassment and shambles of a club they are. 

I almost feel sorry for them. 

Almost! 

I actually think he’s doing a decent job. Look at what talent he has at his disposal. They are obviously skint as well and after years of underinvestment, have no decent youngsters to plug the gaps. They hounded Big Mick out when some outside the club could see that he was doing a good job with limited resources, and that resulted in them slumping lower. They need to be careful what they wish for. 

5 minutes ago, astro said:

I actually think he’s doing a decent job. Look at what talent he has at his disposal. They are obviously skint as well and after years of underinvestment, have no decent youngsters to plug the gaps. They hounded Big Mick out when some outside the club could see that he was doing a good job with limited resources, and that resulted in them slumping lower. They need to be careful what they wish for. 

I would agree, and Lambert's comments last night, affirmed my previous thoughts on the paupers plight, and failings.

Note how he repeatedly stated that there was no problem with the younger players, NOT that there was no problem with the squad as a whole.

Likewise he talked of Evans putting in money - but that was all

What came across was that the club is not 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and so the problems he identified are still there

His further comment that everybody should get round the table to try and resolve these problems should set alarm bells ringing, if the fans weren't so dim. How has this state of affairs been allowed to fester for so long would be my first thought, if I was a pitch folk waving binner.

Problems that won't be solved by over excited young farmhands waving bedsheets or letting off flares.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/39697/lambert-something-drastically-wrong-going-right-through-the-club-and-it’s-not-good-enough

• Like 1

I remember arguing with a couple of Norwich fans on the Facebook groups and with the likes of Lincoln Canary who swore down the Lambert appointment was the start of Ipswich competing again, and more particularly about how they'd definitely beat us in the next fixture.

For clarity, we didn't get out of second gear, won 3-0, Lambert threw a tantrum and their fans idolised him for it and now they're midtable in League One and hate everything to do with their club.

Bantz.

From their forums, some of their supporters are saying they need a manager who is going to build a team who are going to fight for every ball come what may. What they fail to realise is that every team, from the bottom third of the championship down, are looking for exactly the same thing. The money is not there at those levels to buy talent. They either need to get extremely lucky, or put in place a solid plan of at least five years to get them competitive again. I can see neither happening and take great glee at watching their demise. 

1 hour ago, astro said:

While they aren't great I think they've got the players to be better than they are.

They overrate Wolfenden and Downes but both of them are Championship level players.

At the other end of the park Norwood is an experienced goalscorer and Jackson has shown a fair bit of potential. 

They aren't far and away the best squad at that level but they are more than capable of doing more than barely troubling the Northampton keeper. I do wonder if the sheer amount of players leaving this summer due to contracts ending is the refresh they badly need though. 

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ref sez....."I AM THE LAW!"......then it'll be, 'Judge Dead'...... image.jpeg.17b2592cc5be064f0687c8f2173458b5.jpeg

Lambert further underpins my thoughts with these comments in the radii this morning

"“But you need an infrastructure where everybody at Ipswich Town has to get round a table and say ‘Where are we going here? What are we doing? What’s the infrastructure here?’. Because this needs to stop, this needs to stop.”

"Quizzed on whether Evans is open to that, he added: “We have to have dialogue, we have to have a discussion. I’m not going to come here [and criticise him] because he’s always been good with me, he tells me how it is, we have dialogue. But the football club needs him to say what’s going to happen with the structure. I think that’s the way it should be.

“The big thing for me is I did the same at Aston Villa, protected Randy Lerner for a long, long time. It was like a lamb to a slaughter what was happening there.

“I can’t do that again, I can’t go through that again. There’s got to be a structure where everybody gets around a table."

"“I’ve seen what it’s like at the top, I’ve seen how those structures work in football clubs. I’ve taken people from Ipswich over to Dortmund to have a look at it to see how their story went, so it’s not as if I don’t know exactly where it’s fell from. You’re trying to put everything in place but you can only do it so far.”"

That to me is as clear as he can get. Unless Evans takes decisive action on the lines of this is how it is going to be from now on, then the dislocation will continue. And the slide will continue

For my thoughts it is the very thing the farmhands endlessly bleat about that is the cause of the failings. An obsession with the past and how things used to be done.

It cannot be a coincidence that five managers have voiced the same concerns.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Lambert further underpins my thoughts with these comments in the radii this morning

"“But you need an infrastructure where everybody at Ipswich Town has to get round a table and say ‘Where are we going here? What are we doing? What’s the infrastructure here?’. Because this needs to stop, this needs to stop.”

"Quizzed on whether Evans is open to that, he added: “We have to have dialogue, we have to have a discussion. I’m not going to come here [and criticise him] because he’s always been good with me, he tells me how it is, we have dialogue. But the football club needs him to say what’s going to happen with the structure. I think that’s the way it should be.

“The big thing for me is I did the same at Aston Villa, protected Randy Lerner for a long, long time. It was like a lamb to a slaughter what was happening there.

“I can’t do that again, I can’t go through that again. There’s got to be a structure where everybody gets around a table."

"“I’ve seen what it’s like at the top, I’ve seen how those structures work in football clubs. I’ve taken people from Ipswich over to Dortmund to have a look at it to see how their story went, so it’s not as if I don’t know exactly where it’s fell from. You’re trying to put everything in place but you can only do it so far.”"

That to me is as clear as he can get. Unless Evans takes decisive action on the lines of this is how it is going to be from now on, then the dislocation will continue. And the slide will continue

For my thoughts it is the very thing the farmhands endlessly bleat about that is the cause of the failings. An obsession with the past and how things used to be done.

It cannot be a coincidence that five managers have voiced the same concerns.

It is a touch ironic that he's spot on with what he says but due to his own shortcomings it just looks like deflection. 

As a club I think they need a total rebuild and they need their own McNally- someone to come in, be a bit nasty, change the attitude and get the club pulling in the same direction. Whether Evans have the stomach or the will for any of that is a big question though.