CANARYKING

Meanwhile at Poooman Rd

Loving their dark humour with a take on what Lambert's post match press conference will be;

We’d have got 3 points tonight but the Blue Action guys turned up with flares and training had to be halted just at the bit I was explaining to them about that bit. Big clubs, European cup blah blah!

I know he has a big contract but FFS , why hasn’t Evans got shot of him yet ???

the place is falling apart, it’s not going to better , he has enough money to get rid of him so why hasn’t he .

Im seriously thinking that Evans has some weird thing going on that we don’t know about.

Why do they all seem to think they should be doing much better than they are? Their squad is absolutely dire! 

I have no idea how they are still 4 points off the playoffs, does nobody above them want to win games?

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why do they all seem to think they should be doing much better than they are? Their squad is absolutely dire! 

I have no idea how they are still 4 points off the playoffs, does nobody above them want to win games?

Massive club, don't you know. Sure, they are midtable in the 3rd divison, when they had fans that hardly filled half the stadium, they have debt they will never pay off and don't even own their own stadium

But they are huge! A common household name- They won a couple trophies once! Or at least, that's what there grandads tell them

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Massive club, don't you know. Sure, they are midtable in the 3rd divison, when they had fans that hardly filled half the stadium, they have debt they will never pay off and don't even own their own stadium

But they are huge! A common household name- They won a couple trophies once! Or at least, that's what there grandads tell them

I've seen the cave paintings to vouch for this too...

Edited by Paint Me Yellow
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

#prayforlambert

Sounds like his having a go at Evan's. Hope this doesn't mean he actually gets sacked. 

They can't afford to sack him.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And I'm pretty sure there are very little managers that want to be manager at that shambles of a club

Do you mean like midgets or dwarfs or whatever we're meant to call them these days?

Someone like Dennis Wise perhaps? He's quite little.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Do you mean like midgets or dwarfs or whatever we're meant to call them these days?

Someone like Dennis Wise perhaps? He's quite little.

So is Gordon Strachan !

This sounds like game over to me.

Q: Are the players letting you down then?

“No, I just think it’s the whole thing. It’s the whole thing, the way everything is.”

• Thanks 2

^^^

Yeah, sounds like Lambert's had enough

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/lambert-on-northampton-draw-7380258

Q: Any thoughts about walking away?

A: No, I don’t think about walking away after a game. I’m just thinking about the game. 

I just wait and talk with the staff after the game. Yeah... We’ll see. 

Edited by Icecream Snow

My binner mate was just saying on Facebook that the group who disrupted training yesterday had a call to arms for fans to protest after the game..........3 turned up 🤣

Whatever is he thinking? Some kind of cunning strategic move in the corporate chess game... or simply the first thing that comes into his head, having used all the other excuses up already?

Lambert will never manage in the football league again and he surely knows it. No walking away, the last dance for payoff Paul. Readying his lawyers for another good sue when Evans won’t pony up.

Lambert started against Northampton with 5 loan signings, 4 academy products, and a free transfer. Only Freddie Sears cost a fee.

The bench had Norwood, Ward, Cornell as free transfers (as well as Chambers back in 2012), Lankester, Bishop were academy products, leaving Alan Judge who cost a fee.

Whilst I find Lambert's conduct fairly odious since he left us, it does stagger me that when there are only two players costing a fee in an eighteen man squad that the Binners fail to notice the ongoing lack of investment (and general care) from Marcus Evans. With that squad they aren't going to have attractive free flowing football that wins games.

Evans isn't stupid. He realise the club wasn't going to be profitable (in its own right) a long time ago and Lambert is just a helpful smokescreen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Lambert started against Northampton with 5 loan signings, 4 academy products, and a free transfer. Only Freddie Sears cost a fee.

The bench had Norwood, Ward, Cornell as free transfers (as well as Chambers back in 2012), Lankester, Bishop were academy products, leaving Alan Judge who cost a fee.

Whilst I find Lambert's conduct fairly odious since he left us, it does stagger me that when there are only two players costing a fee in an eighteen man squad that the Binners fail to notice the ongoing lack of investment (and general care) from Marcus Evans. With that squad they aren't going to have attractive free flowing football that wins games.

Evans isn't stupid. He realise the club wasn't going to be profitable (in its own right) a long time ago and Lambert is just a helpful smokescreen.

I would say that there is a large number of their fans who do recognise this. They just can't do anything about it as they are hamstrung by Evans who is sitting on his hands and not offering them anything positive