I think this thread can’t see the wood for the trees. We buy players who’ve been out injured fairly recently because, like broken biscuits or misshaped chocolates, they’re cheaper, but have the potential to be just as good once you bite into them. Sometimes the gamble pays off, as it has done in spades with a certain Tim Krul, sometimes it doesn’t. Byram looked excellent while he was playing, keeping Lewis on the bench. He may yet recover and surprise a few.

He's been out for so long now that this season will be a total write off. I can only imagine that the hope will be to get him fit for a proper pre-season in July which would be huge for getting him back to somewhere near where he'd need to be. 

If he isn't fit by then, I suspect we won't see him again, which would be a huge shame. 

28 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I was only 12/13 at the time but didn't Bellamy miss and entire season? 

No he got injured by Muscat at Molineux, around December. I was there and it broke our season because we would surely have made the top 6 but for that. 

He came back around the following August then left after a few games for Coventry. 

Was just looking at the highlights from that game and Muscat comes right over the top of the ball, not even booked but a straight red these days.

The NCFC team that day had Darren Eadie, Craig Bellamy, Iwan Roberts, Chris Llewellyn, Darren Kenton. A really good side for Division One at that time. 

I was at that match, 2.0 up but drew 2.2. A young Robbie Keane saved the home side. On par with Birmingham for an unpleasant pre match drinks experience. 

Bellamy did his cruciate ligaments in a pre season friendly at Southend , I believe?

...came back around 8 months later for the last 3 or 4 games of the season.

The following season ,played in the first game away at Barnsley and was then sold to Coventry...

On 16/02/2021 at 19:02, WD40 said:

Wow that’s a helluva stat. He was supposed to be back in Jan originally wasn’t he? No idea what the injury is but he can’t be relied upon to stay fit. If Max goes two need to come I’m to cover Max and Byram.

Mumba is one of them and then yeah we'd need to replace Max unless Byram miraculously decides he can be relied upon. There's always Sorenson as an option as well...

On 16/02/2021 at 18:52, Branston Pickle said:

I recall Matthieu Louis-Jean back in the early 2000s who we signed from Forest (played a decent 182 games in 6 years per wiki) he looked pretty good but had horrible injuries and played just twice in his two years with us.

Not particularly relevant to the topic at hand, but I felt interesting enough to share anyway.... but Louis-Jean has gone on to do very well in a non-playing football career, currently Head of Recruitment at Nice in France and prior to that led Man Utd's scouting in France.