Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Skipp V Stoke highlights

55 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

IMO he’s our clear player of the season so far, but whether he wins it is another thing.

I think he’s played the most minutes of all our players this season which says it all how important he is and how he’s rated by us. 

54 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

IMO he’s our clear player of the season so far, but whether he wins it is another thing.

He's been excellent but there have been a few outstanding players this season to call it 'clear'. If Emi keeps up his rate of goals and assists then he'll be odds on to win it. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

If it comes down to a fan vote Skipp will win, Spurs fan rigging the vote like

200.gif

Crikey, from that video he seems to have had to work really hard to clear up after lots of really sloppy play from his team mates.  Worrying .....

23 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Crikey, from that video he seems to have had to work really hard to clear up after lots of really sloppy play from his team mates.  Worrying .....

Glass half empty kind of post - I'd say it was reassuring......................

On the basis of what is shown in the video, he is displaying the first time control,  accuracy of passing & quick, precise interceptions when needed, that have all been lacking on to many occasions this season.

I hope a number of his team mates were taking note of this. Shame he is only on loan.

Can only hope Spurs feel he would  benefit further from a Premiership season with us later this year!

For me, Skipp is very good at defending a big space, which is vital for us as when your full backs play as high as ours do it can be easy to counter attack. Tettey no longer has the legs, and Trybull didn't have much athleticism about him either. You can see what the club were trying to do in bringing in Amadou for that role but circumstances led to him at centre back initially.