Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

U23s v Stoke live now..

Soto has a way to go to get anywhere close to the first team I feel. The more games he gets at that u23 level this season the better I think. 

Yes, I thought number 16 looked good as well.

Was looking out for Josh Martin & Soto, but couldn't make out who was who. Riley was the only one that stood out.

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

Was looking out for Josh Martin & Soto

Neither of them stood out did they ? I thought Dennis ( number 12) looked decent though, big lad.

36 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Big game on Friday against the runaway leaders.😀

Yes Leeds - we should field all first team squad players needing game time (Dowell, Steipermann, Hugill, Quintellia) as well as Martin, Soto & Riley

29 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Yes Leeds - we should field all first team squad players needing game time (Dowell, Steipermann, Hugill, Quintellia) as well as Martin, Soto & Riley

I seem to remember Leeds fielding a few first team players against our u23s in the reverse fixture... Raphina and Hernandez both played, if memory serves me right.

Good to hear that Riley did well. Hopefully he has a bright future!

12 hours ago, astro said:

Soto has a way to go to get anywhere close to the first team I feel. The more games he gets at that u23 level this season the better I think. 

And everyone was demanding he be brought in to the first team as he tore apart a farmers divison

Maybe Farke was right to say he needs more time out

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And everyone was demanding he be brought in to the first team as he tore apart a farmers divison

Er...................... people like you you mean - remember that thead you started where you claimed that Soto would be second in line in our starting striker order ahead of Idah and Hugill? 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah....you

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Er...................... people like you you mean - remember that thead you started where you claimed that Soto would be second in line in our starting striker order ahead of Idah and Hugill? 

Lol, didn't get as far as your post when I replied. At least I've re-affirmed 😄 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

fair, i'm just saying Farke was right and Im wrong

Not the first time

Won't be the last😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Makes me chuckle that anyone thought Soto would be near the first team at this stage. Was never going to get ahead of the current options. Hopefully he can move forward. 

I think Riley and Dennis may be the next ones out of those U23. Seeing as though Riley has already played first team "men's" football albeit at a lower level. His data (in terms of ground covered etc) were apparently really good for Bolton. Very data driven at Norwich too of course so I'm sure that's something they'll be keeping an eye on 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fair, i'm just saying Farke was right and Im wrong

Not the first time

Won't be the last😂

I don't think it was you v Farke on that one, just you v common sense.

30 minutes ago, astro said:

Was it Nizbet at left back? Whoever it was looked a tidy player. 

Just what we need. A fourth candidate for left back.

(And it's Nizet, not Nizbet 😉)

Edited by Nuff Said

18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Just what we need. A fourth candidate for left back.

(And it's Nizet, not Nizbet 😉)

You can never have enough candidates! If we don’t go up it’s possible two of those will be going back to their clubs. Cheers for the heads up on his surname 👍

• Like 1