Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Aarons to Bayern

It would be an amazing move for him, when Stuart Webber referred to a move overseas for Max, was it from Bayern?  Or is this just a rumour?

20 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It would be an amazing move for him, when Stuart Webber referred to a move overseas for Max, was it from Bayern?  Or is this just a rumour?

I think they were linked with him in the summer too.

He's going to be a top level player and I think we just have to enjoy him while we can.

If we get promoted I can't see why he wouldn't stay another year. Another season with guaranteed first team football doesn't sound bad as opposed to going to somewhere like Barca or Bayern and probably getting loaned out somewhere

• Like 1

Barca have to up the offer dramatically from the “we’ll take him on loan and coach him properly” nonsense they tried last time . Barca aren’t awash with money , more likely a prem club with a few quid? Unless they finally sell Messi of course - that might fill the coffers. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

If we get the right fee for Max based on what he's worth now and his potential, then I can't see any club wanting to part with that sort of money only to loan him out. No less than what we got for Godfrey imo.

Webber did hint offers for Max had been rebuffed and may well have been Bayern.

No harm in the Press stiring it up a bit; keeps the price up!

Feel a bit miffed by these figures given that Wan-bisaka went for 50 mill and he is awful.

Max is young and full of potential, would have thought 40 minimum would be fairer seeing as how many big teams are interested.

Looks as though Bayern are building a new backline for next season so not sure we'll see Max again in the prem 😐

Edited by crab man
  • Like 2

Wan-Bissaka's very good, but not a modern, attacking full-back. If Aarons goes, we've still got Mumba, and they say Rupp can play there as well (which would not surprise me - and I suspect Sorensen could also do a very tasty job there too).

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wan-Bissaka's very good, but not a modern, attacking full-back. If Aarons goes, we've still got Mumba, and they say Rupp can play there as well (which would not surprise me - and I suspect Sorensen could also do a very tasty job there too).

And if he can ever get fit again Byram is very good there too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Barca have to up the offer dramatically from the “we’ll take him on loan and coach him properly” nonsense they tried last time . Barca aren’t awash with money , more likely a prem club with a few quid? Unless they finally sell Messi of course - that might fill the coffers. 

It’s Bayern not Barca according to the report on this site

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s Bayern not Barca according to the report on this site

I was replying to AJ directly above my quote - who mentioned Barca. 

1 hour ago, crab man said:

Feel a bit miffed by these figures given that Wan-bisaka went for 50 mill and he is awful.

Max is young and full of potential, would have thought 40 minimum would be fairer seeing as how many big teams are interested.

Looks as though Bayern are building a new backline for next season so not sure we'll see Max again in the prem 😐

Football economy has rapidly changed since Wan-Bisaka went for £50m.

There were three x £100m transfers that season. The record this season was £72m. 

The difference is that £40m would be something like the 10th biggest transfer in the world this season, last season only the 22nd.

Too many historically wealthy clubs are struggling for money (Barcelona and Arsenal just two examples).

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

He's out of contract in the summer, if he leaves it will be for 0 euros.

Will free up a lot of wages of course, but won't give them a summer lump sum. 

I wonder if that's why we've gone for Giannoulis as an all out attacking wingback, albeit on the other wing.

We're gonna have to spend a bit to get an anywhere near like for like replacement for Max, especially as Europe isn't as easy now. Mumba didn't even make the bench Saturday and Byram is nothing more than backup.

Going to be painful next season if we get promoted and have sold Emi and Aaron’s 😬

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Thank you - I remember this article, but the wording suggests rumours, opposed to actual interest.  If I was max I would be livid if the club got in the way of me playing for one of the top 5 teams in Europe.

It wasn’t rumour. Barca offered to take Max on loan and give him excellent coaching, without any fee .Webber had a short conversation with them. Very short . 

It’s certainly great to see, if we sell Aarons for 35 million and what a great move to a top team Bayern so excited for Aarons too.

If that means money to strengthen and keeping Buendia & Cantwell should we get promoted than a no brainier.

I wouldn’t stand in the way of any young player if the price was good and they get a big move. 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Barcelona haven't any money. 

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s certainly great to see, if we sell Aarons for 35 million and what a great move to a top team Bayern so excited for Aarons too.

If that means money to strengthen and keeping Buendia & Cantwell should we get promoted than a no brainier.

I wouldn’t stand in the way of any young player if the price was good and they get a big move. 

Something in the region of £30 million in the current market would be a very fair price and if it was a club like Bayern i'd expect him to go with our good wishes.

• Like 3

I still think of the days when we sold our best talent to Coventry!!

We have come along way since then 

It sounds a fair price in today's unsure market, but I'm sure there would be a sell on clause too which could be a hefty sum too