Bill

next 8 games

7 of which are bottom half clubs

of those, 5 are the current bottom 5 clubs

should be, 'fill yer boots' time

Yup, we always do brilliantly against sides at the bottom, don’t we....🤔😕.

.,,one thing we absolutely need to do is guard against complacency, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

No. It will be every bit as tough as any other time. Lower league clubs fighting for survival will be hard to break down.  We can do it of course, but it won't be "fill yer boots".  Anyone who thinks any game will be easier than any other plainly hasn't been paying attention.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

So in classic Along Come Norwich mode, we end up with five 0-0 draws!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No. It will be every bit as tough as any other time. Lower league clubs fighting for survival will be hard to break down.  We can do it of course, but it won't be "fill yer boots".  Anyone who thinks any game will be easier than any other plainly hasn't been paying attention.

err our last two games refute that

and I would rather games against the bottom five than the top five,

as there’s a reason for their relative league positions

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

What a ridiculous post as if teams are just gonna say here’s the 3 points 

• Like 1

I know recent results stick in the mind but generally speaking this season we have been able to break down these lower midtable teams who put 11 behind the ball. Providing Buendia Cantwell and Pukki stay fit I think we have a great chance, with the added bench strength of Onel and Placheta fighting fit.

1 minute ago, Bomber said:

Hes the same poster who has this season constantly criticised our passing game which, if we took his advice we would never have scored that beauty of a first goal.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes the same poster who has this season constantly criticised our passing game which, if we took his advice we would never have scored that beauty of a first goal.

nope that is you making up stuff

as our first goal was exactly what I had been calling for

Just now, Bill said:

nope that is you making up stuff

as our first goal was exactly what I had been calling for

No, its me remembering what you've said previously.

7 minutes ago, Bomber said:

no

bit here's a clue

"rather games against the bottom five than the top five,

as there’s a reason for their relative league positions"

what I have said previously is not some guff you have made up, but comments made on our not being quick enough in attack, and being more concerned about retaining possession than attempting to score

this has now become a similar comment from umpteen media folk, and was one if the themes discussed as to why we hit form yesterday

silly comments about 'our passing game' show your lack of understanding of the game - every team plays a passing game, that's how they get the ball too each other

• Sad 1

Seems familiar to 2 seasons ago of course when we were battling a 3 horse race along with Leeds and Sheff. Utd, remember to during the final run in we had a spate of draws yet still came out on top.

Michael Bailey  also pointed out, apparently, that City are 4 points more right now than at same stage then, so despte the recent mini dip we are still in a very good position and ours for the taking.

Bear in mind too that Swansea will have that game in hand away at Sheff Weds until at least mid April as that is the first time they have a gap in mid week in order to play it.

I would certainly say on paper we stand a good chance in a lot of those fixtures, but what we must remember is that every game can go either way and you are never guaranteed of any result in any game, regardless of how what the opposition strength looks like prior to kick-off. Who thought we were going to beat Man City last season? - I saw it as a 5-0 home defeat. 

Stoke had only lost twice on the road prior to yesterday although were without a win in 8 league games, but then we had also not scored in our last 3 with hardly any shots on target. If we do manage to win our next 4 though we will end the month with 70pts and be on a 5 game winning streak for our game against Brentford.

Yes on paper a lot of those fixtures look easy and like we’ll win them, but please remember that every one of those fixtures is also winnable for our opponents.

Edited by HazzaJet

...I'd actually like to say the next 12 games. All of these are realistically winnable. How many of the 36 points up for grabs will we take here?  Anything less than 11 points dropped here and I'd say we'll go back that 3rd gear we were infor a bit.

Coventry City 
A
Rotherham United
H
Birmingham City 
A
Wycombe Wanderers 
A
Brentford 
H
Luton Town
H
Sheffield Wednesday
A
Nottingham Forest 
A
Blackburn Rovers
H
Preston North End
A
Huddersfield Town
H
Derby County
A

3 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

...I'd actually like to say the next 12 games. All of these are realistically winnable. How many of the 36 points up for grabs will we take here?  Anything less than 11 points dropped here and I'd say we'll go back that 3rd gear we were infor a bit.

Coventry City 
A
Rotherham United
H
Birmingham City 
A
Wycombe Wanderers 
A
Brentford 
H
Luton Town
H
Sheffield Wednesday
A
Nottingham Forest 
A
Blackburn Rovers
H
Preston North End
A
Huddersfield Town
H
Derby County
A

The opening March fixture against Brentford will be a massive game and I think a huge challenge. The later fixtures are also difficult to call because you don’t know how we or our opponents will have done in recent games - I mean Derby haven’t done bad under Rooney and are now out of the bottom 3, perhaps they might be on a 4 match unbeaten run when we play them?

As I’ve already said, yes on paper a lot of those fixtures look very winnable but what we must all remember is every fixture is also winnable for our opponents and with the later fixtures we also don’t know how we or our opponents will have done in recent games.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Seventeen games to go. Winning nine or ten and chuck in a few draws should be enough.

That should guarantee top 2

I've had a look at the final championship league table for the last 10 years 

90 points would guarantee top 2 and 80 points top 6 for those seasons. Sometimes a few points less is enough 

Not quite sure whats is going on. Some think we are a brilliant team, the best in the league and when you say something positive as we are playing the bottom four (the Owls only in it because of a points deduction) you get hammered for suggesting fill yer boots.

Surely 12 points from the next four is not unreasonable? I will be very disappointed if that is not the case. We won 5 in a row in December with lots of injuries. Now we are almost a full squad again.

Edited by keelansgrandad

I'm not taking any game for granted, but looking at the 17 left as a whole if we mess it up from here I'll be astonished. We are on 2 points per game and I think we'll be able to continue that - what other teams do simply doesn't matter if we hit that mark.

57 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Coventry City 
A
Rotherham United
H
Birmingham City 
A
Wycombe Wanderers 
A
Brentford 
H
Luton Town
H
Sheffield Wednesday
A
Nottingham Forest 
A
Blackburn Rovers
H
Preston North End
A
Huddersfield Town
H
Derby County
A

Depends on how many games Emi is suspended for  😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I have not claimed these games are necessarily easy, but that the bottom 5 would suggest being easier than the top five

Having had a bit of a wobble I thought it might cheer some up to see that we have a run of (supposed) easier games coming up.

Of course any game comes with the caveat that anything can happen, however what is being put up is a thought based on probability

ps I do wonder if some on here don't play the lottery because they are fearful about the stress that would be caused by worrying about what to spend the money on

I would buy you a sky / BT sport subscription if I won the lottery. 

Edited by Greavsy

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I would buy you a sky / BT sport subscription if I won the lottery. 

no need Greasy, my ifollow works fine

via the right VPN 😏

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I have not claimed these games are necessarily easy, but that the bottom 5 would suggest being easier than the top five

Having had a bit of a wobble I thought it might cheer some up to see that we have a run of (supposed) easier games coming up.

Of course any game comes with the caveat that anything can happen, however what is being put up is a thought based on probability

ps I do wonder if some on here don't play the lottery because they are fearful about the stress that would be caused by worrying about what to spend the money on

I certainly agree with you there. Although we might be in for some nasty surprises in these fixtures, I would agree playing  the bottom 5 would almost certainly turn out to be easier than the top 5. I also have strong beliefs we will do well

Next 4 are key for me;

Playing against 4 of the bottom 5.

All very winnable, hump the pressure of Brentford ahead of our clash with them in early March. 

• Like 1

and would put us in 70 points

with 13 games left

which at 1 point a game (relegation level) would see us not too far off an automatic spot