Midlands Yellow

Brentford v Tykes

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Brentford bridged our gap by 7 whole points since Warnock burst our bubble.

We have clawed 3 back now.

It is not just the points though. Their bubble has now also been burst, their sense of infallibility threatened, their confidence dented.

For some reason there was no riverlet for this game anywhere today so I tuned into Benjamin Bloom's gamecast. This fairly knowledgeable individual was in no doubt about the build up of frustration within the Brentford ranks, with Toney, in particular, threatening a personal red moreso as the game progressed. They were outplayed for the most part creating just handful of chances throughout the ninety.

Let's hope they now struggle a bit after today's major set-back,whilst we take full advantage of our return to form against the rather benign list of opponents coming up. 

Bubble burst? You could argue that long unbeaten run was adding a bit of unnecessary pressure, and losing it to a non promotion rival is no bad thing in the long run. I certainly wouldn't describe one defeat as a burst bubble, they're a fantastic side, theres no arguing that. If we finish above them we go up. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 hour ago, king canary said:

But has anyone actually said most of the silly things that people are suggesting on here. For example...

Not sure I've seen any posts calling us rubbish...

...also not sure I remember seeing anything about them not losing all season....

...or many saying we're nothing compared to Brentford.

Could be wrong mind you. Or it could just be strawmen.

I have a feeling that really you know that we (well me certainly, can't speak for the others) are obviously having a poke at the 'usual suspects' who are consistently desperate to criticise and found Brentford as the closest thing to a stick possible.

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

I have a feeling that really you know that we (well me certainly, can't speak for the others) are obviously having a poke at the 'usual suspects' who are consistently desperate to criticise and found Brentford as the closest thing to a stick possible.

To a certain extent but its all blown well out of proportion. A couple of posters got a bit over excited about Brentford and suddenly we've got loads of posts talking about 'all those people' when actually it is probably a miniscule % of the people and posts on here.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

To a certain extent but its all blown well out of proportion. A couple of posters got a bit over excited about Brentford and suddenly we've got loads of posts talking about 'all those people' when actually it is probably a miniscule % of the people and posts on here.

Right on the money there kc. 👍

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

A couple of posters

And one of them was binboy-infiltrator impersonator extraordinaire Yellowhammer, sucking 85% credibility from the rest

To be fair I have probably read most of it on social media and the lines got blurred, and most of the stuff I was referring to was about us rather than Brentford ie how poor we are, we’ve been found out, being top was a fluke, Farke is clueless, we won’t get promoted yadda yadda yadda. So hands up, it’s a fair cop.