Midlands Yellow

Brentford v Tykes

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Brentford have just lost but reading a lot of the posts on here since the final whistle instead of celebrating the fact we remain top there is an awful lot of poster point scoring taking place about comments made recently surrounding our immediate challengers for first place in the League.

What's your point? 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A4CCA44F-A897-47D4-8237-EDCBEE742A9C.gif.575dd4c39e0e71c239627887f30d0f02.gifBut...

but...

BRENTFORD AND THE FACT WE ARENT THEM??!!

If things go a certain way in the next couple weeks we can all start questioning why aren't we Welsh...

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

What's your point? 

Not commenting on the game today but instead more concerned about what posters have said in recent times about Brentford.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Farke's big friend is Valérian Ismaël so let's just hope (against hope) he can do us a big favour against the odds today.

One to watch for the future I feel.

I think him, Farke and Frank could be very 'hot property' as already 'here' post Brexit.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not commenting on the game today but instead more concerned about what posters have said in recent times about Brentford.

Justifiably so. The speed with which some posters not only threw in the towel on our chances of being champions, but also bowed down to pay homage to the footballing geniuses of Brentford was embarrassing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't know, because I don't watch other teams, but I suspect we have most talented squad in the division, with adequate cover for most if not all positions, and over 46 games that will see us finish in the top two.

Absolutely... by the end of next week when Hugill and Steipermann are back , barring Byram and McGovern (who's been covered by Nyland) , we will have a fully fit squad to choose from for possibly the first time this season...and certainly the first time since the 5 sub rule was brought in.

There are no excuses from here...

I think that result today just reminds people how hard and competitive the Championship is. Brentford are a really good side on a great run and the day they aren’t at it, they get turned over.

Norwich can do no more than trying to remain consistent and composed and keep trying to churn the points out, if we do that and Swansea and Brentford match us then it will be an exciting end of the season. If we’re honest we have Brentford, Bournemouth, Watford and Reading all at home which are all tough games but if we have any ambition of trying to be competitive in the premier league then these are all games we should be aiming to win. Going to Norwich is and should be a tough game for anyone in this league.

Big game Wednesday night now, need to get back to winning ways away from home against a side scrapping at the bottom. 

• Like 1

Bit of a funny team Brentford, they've only lost four times this season Stoke, Birmingham, Preston and Barnsley so losses to some unlikely teams

Not sure how well they handle pressure though. Promotion was in their hands last season and then they lost their last two games.

image.png.3b38c239418570971d552fdcb0b6ec96.png

2 minutes ago, Big O said:

I think that result today just reminds people how hard and competitive the Championship is. Brentford are a really good side on a great run and the day they aren’t at it, they get turned over.

Norwich can do no more than trying to remain consistent and composed and keep trying to churn the points out, if we do that and Swansea and Brentford match us then it will be an exciting end of the season. If we’re honest we have Brentford, Bournemouth, Watford and Reading all at home which are all tough games but if we have any ambition of trying to be competitive in the premier league then these are all games we should be aiming to win. Going to Norwich is and should be a tough game for anyone in this league.

Big game Wednesday night now, need to get back to winning ways away from home against a side scrapping at the bottom. 

Unfortunately we can't make going to Norwich any tougher than an away game at the moment.

I think home advantage is gone for now. We just have to make ourselves hard to beat on the pitch wherever the game is. Which to be fair we have done all season.

Brentford bridged our gap by 7 whole points since Warnock burst our bubble.

We have clawed 3 back now.

It is not just the points though. Their bubble has now also been burst, their sense of infallibility threatened, their confidence dented.

For some reason there was no riverlet for this game anywhere today so I tuned into Benjamin Bloom's gamecast. This fairly knowledgeable individual was in no doubt about the build up of frustration within the Brentford ranks, with Toney, in particular, threatening a personal red moreso as the game progressed. They were outplayed for the most part creating just handful of chances throughout the ninety.

Let's hope they now struggle a bit after today's major set-back,whilst we take full advantage of our return to form against the rather benign list of opponents coming up. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

We send our agents everywhere to do their work.😉

We're like Moriarty from the Sherlock Holmes books - Our network is vast, highly influential and difficult for our rivals to destroy.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

37 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Justifiably so. The speed with which some posters not only threw in the towel on our chances of being champions, but also bowed down to pay homage to the footballing geniuses of Brentford was embarrassing.

I'd add the fact some people can't see any praise of a rival team without immediately going to the 'why aren't we...' well is just as embarrassing. 

This thread is so full of strawmen I'm concerned it'll catch fire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd add the fact some people can't see any praise of a rival team without immediately going to the 'why aren't we...' well is just as embarrassing. 

This thread is so full of strawmen I'm concerned it'll catch fire.

The disciples follow their leader (again) shocker. 

35 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

We're like Moriarty from the Sherlock Holmes books - Our network is vast, highly influential and difficult for our rivals to destroy.

3217AEE3-EB32-4E49-AF63-7B7D7333A453.jpeg.4fc6638ac92fff8199335f114814b1f6.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The disciples follow their leader (again) shocker. 

Is this the bit where we mention the “usual suspects”?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Exactly. If people get hysterical and say silly things then they have to expect to get called out on them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Exactly. If people get hysterical and say silly things then they have to expect to get called out on them. 

But has anyone actually said most of the silly things that people are suggesting on here. For example...

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

This cannot be happening, Brentford are absolutely wonderful and Norwich City are rubbish......according to some on here. Just shows us that football is a funny old game.........

Not sure I've seen any posts calling us rubbish...

2 hours ago, Ian said:

But I thought Brentford weren't losing again all season? Just can't understand how some of the experts on here were so wrong? 🤔

...also not sure I remember seeing anything about them not losing all season....

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

All those who less than a few days ago said we were nothing compared to Brentford, played nothing close to their football and couldn't score in a brothel are looking like the premature football geniuses most of us already had them pinned down as. 🤓

...or many saying we're nothing compared to Brentford.

Could be wrong mind you. Or it could just be strawmen.

Nate silver now forecasts Norwich have a 73% chance of promotion. He also forecasts they only have a 6% chance of winning the next 4 matches. So don't get all yaky dah if they only get 10 points. Swansea have to win an away game to go ahead of ncfc with their two games in hand. Chances 58%.

The twists and turns of the championship!!

Good fun isn't it.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

But has anyone actually said most of the silly things that people are suggesting on here. For example...

Not sure I've seen any posts calling us rubbish...

...also not sure I remember seeing anything about them not losing all season....

...or many saying we're nothing compared to Brentford.

Could be wrong mind you. Or it could just be strawmen.

Having had a look I can find one person saying they won't lose again all season. 

Great to see posters getting all wobbly jelly jawed about today's result🙃

Beloved Brentford have averaged 2 points per game for all of four days this season. Four days...

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Just wait till Sergei Canos scores a hat-trick of own goals when we play Brentford.....................

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Brentford bridged our gap by 7 whole points since Warnock burst our bubble.

Let's hope they now struggle a bit after today's major set-back,whilst we take full advantage of our return to form against the rather benign list of opponents coming up. 

To be fair, this did include a game in hand, we were only that far ahead due to sides playing catch up.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At this moment I feel sorry for Coventry. Hovering just outside the relegation zone, their next three games are against the top three.

Maybe they'll get to play three games after the season ends so they stay up...

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

Having had a look I can find one person saying they won't lose again all season. 

Thank you 🙂

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At this moment I feel sorry for Coventry. Hovering just outside the relegation zone, their next three games are against the top three.

If I was Coventry I’d rather play them now than near the end of the season though. The last thing a team in a relegation battle would want is their last few fixtures to be against promotion candidates

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The law of averages suggests they are unlikely to lose all three, so let's hope we beat them first....