Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich linked to Lewis O'Brien

The fact that Skipp is everpresent this season is a testament to both being highly rated by DF and the ability to stay injury free and not showing signs of being jaded despite a conjested fixture list. Added to this is his maturity for a young man and his apparent popularity within the squad. Such things can outweigh a player’s value to a team over pure ability

If there’s any chance of keeping Skipp should we be promoted it’s a definite from me, yes he’s going to make a mistake or two but between him and Sorensen we could have a solid partnership there.

And he did us another favour today - ironically against Brentford who he has apparently been linked with. Guess we'll get a good chance to have a look at him for 90 minutes on Tuesday evening. 

On 14/02/2021 at 12:32, dylanisabaddog said:

Skipp is undoubtedly a very good Championship player but if we want to survive in the Premier League we need better. Before people shout me down and tell me how wonderful he is just consider how many Premier League clubs tried to get him on loan. 

Probably none last summer.

I''d assume a few will want to this coming summer, all three promoted sides for a start.

Although what I would agree with, if somebody was to say it, is that we should be looking to make permanent signings wherever possible rather than relying on loans.

Unless they are loans with permanent transfers triggered (e.g. upon promotion, or staying up) like the deal we have for Gibson and the Greek. 

On 14/02/2021 at 19:42, canarydan23 said:

Can't believe no one wanted Mount so Derby got him for a season. Obviously too **** for the Premier League.

No one wanted Tim Cahill til he was 24, obviously too **** for the Premier League.

Michail Antonio must never have been good for the Premier League as no one wanted him whilst he was at Sheffield Weds, Forest etc al.

What a ridiculous argument.

And Tim Krul was Brighton's 3rd choice keeper and then released before we signed him! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Thought O'Brien has looked like one of the few sparks for Huddersfield tonight, although based on how/where he's playing he seems much more of a McLean type than Skipp.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Thought O'Brien has looked like one of the few sparks for Huddersfield tonight, although based on how/where he's playing he seems much more of a McLean type than Skipp.

Yes, agree - he's been the one player on their team who looks as though he'd have a chance of getting into ours.