Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich linked to Lewis O'Brien

If Brentford rate him, sign him up. They are the best team in this division and will clearly storm the PL, probably winning it in their first season.

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If Brentford rate him, sign him up. They are the best team in this division and will clearly storm the PL, definitely winning it by a record margin in their first season.

I've fixed your post to make it more realistic........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If Brentford rate him, sign him up. They are the best team in this division and will clearly storm the PL, probably winning it in their first season.

Brentford's recruitment over the past few years has been fantastic, so if they're interested it's a good indication that he's pretty decent!

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Brentford's recruitment over the past few years has been fantastic, so if they're interested it's a good indication that he's pretty decent!

Yeah, just taking the pee out of the recent cult of Brentford on here.

It’s probably either agent talk or Huddersfield trying to inflate his price anyway.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/transfer-rumours-canaries-keen-on-huddersfield-midfielder-7323888

I would say Skipp replacement except he's 5ft 7. Thought one of our flaws last time we were in the Prem was we were too lightwight? 🤔

Still, very very highly rated by Huddersfield fans

Skipp is also 5ft 7 and I doubt anyone would complain if we managed to get him for another season.

O'Brien looks like a decent player though - his highlights video reminds me of a cross between Skipp and Gary Holt.

"The Sun had claimed Town were using an outside agency to try and cash in on a player they claimed was attracting interest from Burnley and Newcastle.

However, local newspaper the Huddersfield Examiner subsequently reported that those claims were false and that the Terriers were keen to keep hold of one of their best players.''

The Sun, well I never 🤭

10 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Skipp is also 5ft 7 and I doubt anyone would complain if we managed to get him for another season.

O'Brien looks like a decent player though - his highlights video reminds me of a cross between Skipp and Gary Holt.

Skipp is undoubtedly a very good Championship player but if we want to survive in the Premier League we need better. Before people shout me down and tell me how wonderful he is just consider how many Premier League clubs tried to get him on loan. 

If we are intetested in someone who is 5ft 7 he must be a hell of a player 

24 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Skipps taller than 5ft7, not massively so but he is. Wikipedia reckons 5ft9, not sure if accurate but sounds right.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Skipps taller than 5ft7, not massively so but he is. Wikipedia reckons 5ft9, not sure if accurate but sounds right.

Certainly taller than 5'7", not that height hinders the naturally gifted players (there are so many examples).

I will happily state that given his performances this season, Skipp will be a regular in a PL team next season!

Lets hope its ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I think the football authorities will recognise just what a side Brentford are. I’m assuming they will be automatically placed into the champions league after gaining promotion to the prem . 

After winning the champions league , the FA will seek dispensation for all Brentford players to be eligible for the National team - and win the World Cup . 

Hurrah ! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I think the football authorities will recognise just what a side Brentford are. I’m assuming they will be automatically placed into the champions league after gaining promotion to the prem . 

After winning the champions league , the FA will seek dispensation for all Brentford players to be eligible for the National team - and win the World Cup . 

Hurrah ! 

With super entertaining delightful, thank god for football they're back where they belong Leeds, a close second?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Skipp is undoubtedly a very good Championship player but if we want to survive in the Premier League we need better. Before people shout me down and tell me how wonderful he is just consider how many Premier League clubs tried to get him on loan. 

What a weird argument.

He's not good enough for the Premier League because Premier League clubs didn't want to take him on loan aged 19 with only 23 games under his belt?

By that logic we should have upgraded Buendia when we last went up- after all we managed to sign him without any Premier League clubs going after him...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s what they said about Tom Cruise 

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

With super entertaining delightful, thank god for football they're back where they belong Leeds, a close second?

Blimey yes Leeds I’d forgotten about them. I reckon Brazil will make all Leeds players eligible for their national team - setting up an enthralling Leeds v Brentford World Cup Final. 
Football is in a great place folks. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don’t agree, he will be a different player in the summer having played forty odd games for us, it will have aided his development massively. He’s at an age where he is improving quickly (as we’ve seen) so why would he not be ready for PL football next season, either for us or Spurs or somebody else. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/transfer-rumours-canaries-keen-on-huddersfield-midfielder-7323888

I would say Skipp replacement except he's 5ft 7. Thought one of our flaws last time we were in the Prem was we were too lightwight? 🤔

Still, very very highly rated by Huddersfield fans

Unlike fabric, you don't buy footballers by the metre. 

3 hours ago, king canary said:

What a weird argument.

He's not good enough for the Premier League because Premier League clubs didn't want to take him on loan aged 19 with only 23 games under his belt?

By that logic we should have upgraded Buendia when we last went up- after all we managed to sign him without any Premier League clubs going after him...

+1. What a ridiculous reason as to why Skipp isn't good enough for the Premier league.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

What a weird argument.

It's not a weird argument at all. No Premier League clubs wanted him last summer. Spurs could have recalled him in January to loan to a Premier League club but no one wanted him. He is a very good Championship player but these days that is a million miles away from being a good Premier League player. Sorry, but he's just not good enough. 

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's not a weird argument at all. No Premier League clubs wanted him last summer. Spurs could have recalled him in January to loan to a Premier League club but no one wanted him. He is a very good Championship player but these days that is a million miles away from being a good Premier League player. Sorry, but he's just not good enough. 

Weren't Fulham interested in taking him? Anyhow is there any proof that a year in the Prem where he might not play every game is any better than a year in the Championship? Look at how a full season for Derby benefitted Mount and Tomori. The other obvious point is that he is 20 years old, and footballers improve as they play games, Skipp had been training with the Spurs first team for the best part of 2 seasons, but his development was held back due to the fact he wasn't playing games (didn't play at youth level either).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Maybe for similar reasons no premier league team was trying to take Maddison off our hands before the 2017/18 season.

Skipp is 20 years old and this is the season he is proving his worth in the championship. I imagine he will only get better from here. With or without us he will be playing top flight football next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's a very weird argument still.

If we go up and try to resign him that means a Premier League club want him which by your logic means he would be good enough?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Unlike fabric, you don't buy footballers by the metre. 

I hate to break it to you Fuzzar, but actually you do. Why do you think that we didn't make Peter Crouch's loan move a permanent transfer?

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I hate to break it to you Fuzzar, but actually you do. Why do you think that we didn't make Peter Crouch's loan move a permanent transfer?

I assumed we couldn't afford to keep making the extra long shorts he needed.

32 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's a very weird argument still.

If we go up and try to resign him that means a Premier League club want him which by your logic means he would be good enough?

I fail to see how anyone can think he is a Premier League player. He is certainly an extremely good Championship player but the gulf is now huge. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Spurs considered recalling him in January. Was it to re-loan elsewhere? Even if it was they soon realised the folly in that as he is guaranteed to start here when fit. He is an integral cog in the wheel and nobody is better at the club in the role he performs. Outside the top 8 he would get into and improve the midfield in most Premier league sides

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I fail to see how anyone can think he is a Premier League player. He is certainly an extremely good Championship player but the gulf is now huge. 

I fail to see how you can be so certain that he's not good enough. The fact Spurs view him as one of their best young prospects suggests they view him as someone with the potential to be a Premier League player.

If you think we're going to be signing several players who've already proven they can cut it in the Premier League I'd suggest you'll be disappointed. 

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1