Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Top 6

There is now a gap and I can't see the top 6 changing now. Watford looked very good yesterday so hopefully we'll avoid the playoffs which look quite strong in what looks overall to be a poor division 

Screenshot_20210214-095452_FlashScore.thumb.jpg.408d9a38bf91ba3256fd56b38ae91945.jpg

Remember we were 7 points clear just a few games ago so a bit of a brave shout to think that those 6 and 7 points behing Bournemouth cannot make up the ground.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Top 6 looks very strong, maybe Reading to drop out if any. 

Not really, more a case of the bottom 16 being very very poor

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Watford looked very good yesterday

Bristol City were terrible apparently, I wouldn’t judge Watford just on that game

We were only ever 7pts clear with others having games in hand; I’d much prefer to have points on the board but that shouldn’t be forgotten.  It is a far cry from when sides have double-figure leads that are overhauled with a handful of games to go.

We all still have over 1/3 of our games still to play so nothing is written in stone yet, but you’d think it would take a huge turnaround for at least the top 4 not to be in the top 6 at the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is now a gap and I can't see the top 6 changing now. Watford looked very good yesterday so hopefully we'll avoid the playoffs which look quite strong in what looks overall to be a poor division 

Screenshot_20210214-095452_FlashScore.thumb.jpg.408d9a38bf91ba3256fd56b38ae91945.jpg

11 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I think Cardiff will swop places with Bournemouth

Cardiff may have a part to play - we are the only top 6 club they don’t have to play. Come on Mad Mick nick some points off the others ! 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bournemouth drop out as they are constantly slipping up. 0-0 v Forest yesterday, 4 attempts, 0 on target. Forest 10 attempts, 3 on target.

I have strong beliefs that the final top 3 will consist of us, Brentford, and Swansea, though as there’s still 51 points available to play for I wouldn’t rule the other teams out quite yet 

56 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bristol City were terrible apparently, I wouldn’t judge Watford just on that game

Why are people suddenly think Watford are the mutts nutts? Their 3 games prior to yesterday only accrued 2 points against QPR, Millwall and Coventry, scoring 1 goal. 

They played a poor Bristol side and scored 6 goals from their 7 shots on target. Great return mind, but not 'normal'. they are a decent side, but they are not the 'next Brentford' 😉 

• Like 1

Can see there being al lot if clubs with little to play for in record early time this season, coupled with their being no fans with little motivation.

Cant see too many putting up much resistence to our promition rivals

32 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can see there being al lot if clubs with little to play for in record early time this season, coupled with their being no fans with little motivation.

Players are on a win bonus, and with clubs probably looking to cut their wage bill next season, now would not be the time to lack commitment.

What was Millwall's reason for resistance yesterday  ?

Watch Readings goal - a delight after our goal gifted to Stoke 🥴

https://www.skysports.com/football/reading-vs-millwall/430049

13 secs

Amazing. 

Before yesterday the pinkun forum was almost unanimous in saying we can't score, and are in free fall, even going round the whole is farke good enough, subs blah blah nonsense. 

One win and you're all banging on about the Premier league again. 

Bipolar forum members and an utter joke. 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not sure that makes much sense . Clubs outside the top six are still fighting - Cardiff as I mentioned - are on a decent run.
Clubs don’t  want to go down . Pro players and managers don’t want to lose ? They get more money for winning to start with.

Remember Middlesbrough beating Cardiff the weekend we beat Portsmouth and went up? Why did they bother doing that .. 

Remember Steve Linex ? 

9 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Amazing. 

Before yesterday the pinkun forum was almost unanimous in saying we can't score, and are in free fall, even going round the whole is farke good enough, subs blah blah nonsense. 

One win and you're all banging on about the Premier league again. 

Bipolar forum members and an utter joke. 

Bit tedious. 3/10 

Got to partially agree with JK (not the bipolar bit)- we do seem to go from who do we buy in the PL to we might not get through the playoffs .  Do well in next 4 games (all winnable) and I would fancy us to turn over Brentford at home and win the league. We only have Preston to play away in top half and our home record is very good .