Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Why we need McLean.

14 hours ago, Number9 said:

The worst since the previous game?

Giannoulis likes this. 😉

12 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Kenny fuçked up big style yesterday with his pass but I think him and Skipp are by far our best central pairing.  

For me Rupp is not Championship level. Offers very little and you’re not going to put Sorensen in ahead of Skipp.

Rupp isn't championship level? 

Well that's your opinion disregarded as utter bull, as you evidently can't see the game you watch. 

That would be the Rupp who was are best midfielder prior to getting injured. 

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Rupp isn't championship level? 

Well that's your opinion disregarded as utter bull, as you evidently can't see the game you watch. 

That would be the Rupp who was are best midfielder prior to getting injured. 

Who says he was our best midfielder. You! He is bang average and your opinion count for fuçk all as far as I’m concerned.

Rupp was excellent from the very start of the season until he got injured. To be fair, McLean stepped in and replaced him superbly, showing a level of form he hadn't quite shown before.

Made a big difference to Rupp being played in his rightful position in the middle of the park, instead of shoring up a wing. He's like McLean in that his best attributes aren't the flashiest - but as a diligent, hard worker who's mindful of needing to link midfield to attack, or shore up a flank if a full-back decided to go storming up, he does that dirty side of the game very well.

You miss the likes of Rupp and McLean when the full-backs are a bit more paralysed.

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Who says he was our best midfielder. You! He is bang average and your opinion count for fuçk all as far as I’m concerned.

You two handbagging it on a forum doesn't make either Rupp or McLean better players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that he ain't going to be playing for Man Utd and wouldn't ever be good enough to play for England (if he was English)

He's just not very good. 

It’s just as well you aren’t anywhere near team selection for us, Christ alone knows what you’d come up with 

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s just as well you aren’t anywhere near team selection for us, Christ alone knows what you’d come up with 

Do you honestly believe that he is the quality of player we need to flourish in the Premier League?

18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Do you honestly believe that he is the quality of player we need to flourish in the Premier League?

No, but we don't stand a chance on signing someone better until we're in the Premier League. In the championship Mclean walks into nearly all the other teams central midfield, and thats ignoring the fact he suits Farkes style of play too.

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not necessarily, but I think one of your issues may be a misunderstanding in that we aren’t currently in the Premier League.

We're not currently because we didn't prepare for it last time. 

We probably will be in August again. 

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. 

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, but we don't stand a chance on signing someone better until we're in the Premier League. In the championship Mclean walks into nearly all the other teams central midfield, and thats ignoring the fact he suits Farkes style of play too.

Farke has signed around sixty players since he came here. Fewer, better quality players would have improved our team. 

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Farke has signed around sixty players since he came here. Fewer, better quality players would have improved our team. 

Webber has signed plenty yes. Its easy to say sign fewer better quality players - its much harder to accomplish when we've spent the majority of the time under Webber with a limited budget. 

Again, people like you said Mclean wasn't good enough for this league yet here we are, another season, top of the league with him playing the majority of games.

A little bit of self reflection and admitting being wrong wouldnt go a miss. 🙂

Somebody has to drink MD 20/20 in the Lord Mayor's hat on the city hall balcony in May.

Seriously, as has already been pointed out he was playing very well before injury.

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webber has signed plenty yes. Its easy to say sign fewer better quality players - its much harder to accomplish when we've spent the majority of the time under Webber with a limited budget. 

Again, people like you said Mclean wasn't good enough for this league yet here we are, another season, top of the league with him playing the majority of games.

We had £150m last year 

The players we signed in large numbers cost £, we have spent money, do you buy lots of cheap ones and hope you can train them into Emi and Pukki, or buy fewer better players?

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong when it happens. 

Us spending a fair bit on players and loans since Farke arrived is just a fact of history. 

McLean not being the best player you'd hope for is just a fact of history. 

I was wrong when I believed that the club wouldn't extend contracts for Vrancic & McGovern. Doesn't make sense to me but there you go, I'm not in charge as you point out.  🤣

I like McLean, think he's a decent player who has flaws, but so does everyone. He'd be a starter in pretty much 20 of the 24 Championship teams. I just happen to think we're one of the four with better options so it irks me a little that he starts so often.

But my preference of Skipp and Sorenson hasn't been tested so might be poor, Farke's preference of Skipp and McLean has us top, albeit less comfortably than we were.

I just can't shake that nagging feeling that we could be racing away with it with just a couple of tweaks to the lineup.