Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

Dimitris

Thought mistake apart, his best game so far... Good defensively and showed despite a horrendous error that he didn't let it get to him and he provided a very decent assist... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Thought mistake apart, his best game so far... Good defensively and showed despite a horrendous error that he didn't let it get to him and he provided a very decent assist... 

Yes, completely agree. I really like his mentality. Immediately made amends for his awful error today and was still going strong at the end of the 90 mins in his previous two games even though they had been difficult for him. 

Full week of training with us and in particular Farke, and he looks a massive attacking threat to balance us out a bit.

• Like 4

Yep, good performance today, aside from the obvious. Was great to see the two FB’s bombing forward again. 

It’s not only getting used to the division and a new country, he’s got to get used to our style of play.

Ok he made a howler mistake today, but he wasn’t the only one, and otherwise he looks good and like he’s continuing to improve each game. 

• Like 1

Yes, felt for him after the mistake as he was having a very solid game. 

Looking forward to him kicking on from here. 

I was impressed with him overall. Obviously the mistake was poor but ultimately he'll learn from that and I'm sure we won't see him do it again. Considering he hasn't had any preseason, and is still getting used to new teammates, a new country and a new division, he's been great, and I get the feeling there's plenty more to come from him. His attitude having messed up for Stoke's goal was excellent, to go almost straight down the other end and really try to make something happen, and ending up with an assist for Emi. Hopefully now we have a bit of an 'easier' run of games, where I'm sure he'll see plenty of the ball, hopefully he can really kick on. 

This was the day we found out what he was about. A lot of players would have gone quiet after that howler, just tried to keep it tight and just see out the game without any mistakes. He decided "farke that, I'm going down the other end and I'm making something good happen". Excellent movement to create a bit of space, and a cutback that was absolutely inch-perfect.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Someone phoned Radio Norfolk at half time to moan about him. I ran screaming from the room. One mistake aside he was superb 

They've started doing half time phone ins? Jesus.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

They've started doing half time phone ins? Jesus.

Thought the same thing when I read that. Kind of encourages premature stupidity doesn't it?

• Like 1

He did look to give us a more natural balance today, and I thought splayed well. I wonder how much we watered the pitch pre game as there were a few people slipping about.

Overall team played well, you would think other than maybe number 10 (although a big Vrancic fan) that is probably our best side. It would be good to try and find a way to get Dowell a longer run, as I think he was bought for that role and clearly has talent. 

Definitely his best game, going forwards starting to look very capable, but big credit to Cantwell & Buendia who were running across the entire pitch creating space for our fullbacks to utilise.

Ver6 good performance all round, I’d still like to push McClean forwards and play Sorensen with Skipp, Sorensen just looks so composed! We need to utilise him and give him the time he needs to develop, might be pivotal to our next season. Either premiership or championship going to be an excellent player.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Someone phoned Radio Norfolk at half time to moan about him. I ran screaming from the room. One mistake aside he was superb 

Can’t remember anything he did wrong in the first half. Some people just can’t help themselves (hope I don’t sound too much like JerryKerry).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Can’t remember anything he did wrong in the first half. Some people just can’t help themselves (hope I don’t sound too much like JerryKerry).

Of course you ****ing don't. They're all pant-wetting morons who know sod-all about football. 😉

2 big mistakes for me . The obvious one but around 20 minutes in he lost the ball and made no real attempt to get back to challenge or make it difficult .

But that’s not me saying he is no good just I prefer my LB to be excellent at their prime position and good going forward over the opposite. 
But he is of course on a sharp learning curve and I’m very interested in watching his progression with DF saying it’s between him and Xavi for the rest of the season.

I thought he player really well, gave us balance and a genuine threat on the left.  He needs to do it more consistently, and cut out the mistake.  All in all, I was pleased.  Hopefully his influence will only grow.

Apart from the error I thought he had a decent game. Made amends for his mistake by setting up Emi to restore the 2 goal lead shortly after. You can never expect new signings to settle in straight away though, especially when they’ve come from a foreign club. Hopefully we’ll see some more positive performances from him soon 

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can seriously criticise a player (especially a foreigner) before at least ten games.

The current culture of instant judgement and projection of opinion is depressingly hollow and usually inaccurate.

• Like 9

Its unusual for a player to hit the ground running and immediately look the finished article, especially when your buying young international players. He has work to do, but Ive already seen enough to suggest that if he progresses and tightens up his game we could have a really brilliant player on our hands! Thats one assist already which is not a bad return, lets hope it helps him grow!

29 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can seriously criticise a player (especially a foreigner) before at least ten games.

The current culture of instant judgement and projection of opinion is depressingly hollow and usually inaccurate.

I agree wholeheartedly, however, people had judged he was amazing before he had played a game for us, based upon highlights. People love jumping to conclusions too early.

He played well. It was a poorly executed pass for the goal, but that aside, good game. I think Kenny's back pass was worse (how did he not see him?), the only difference is, they scored from this one.

33 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Totally agree. You can never judge a new signing by their first few appearances as you need to give them time to get used to playing with their new team. When they’ve come from abroad you need to give them more time as they not just playing for a new team, they’re playing in a new country and speaking a new language

33 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I agree wholeheartedly, however, people had judged he was amazing before he had played a game for us, based upon highlights. People love jumping to conclusions too early.

He played well. It was a poorly executed pass for the goal, but that aside, good game. I think Kenny's back pass was worse (how did he not see him?), the only difference is, they scored from this one.

Yeah I remember people were insisting that we were had better options at left back than last season before he'd kicked a ball for us. 

Good performance from Gianni today. I think he could become a huge favourite with the Carrow Rd faithful.

If he can learn how to but a decent cross in, he could become the real deal.

changes everything when we have 2 flying fullbacks like that.

If he'd played like that vs Boro then they wouldn't have been able to man mark Todd and Emi out of the game like they did.

When we go with Todd and Emi, they both like to drift inside and that means things become congested in the middle. You then need the full backs offering an out ball to keep the opposition guessing. Countless times today, Todd looked up and saw Max flying down the wing and Giannoulis was doing the same on the left making it hard for Stoke to know what to defend next.

I noticed today that he looks very quick too. Definitely going to be an offensive weapon.

I noted by the way that Farke had a moan about the pitch, as he did a couple of weeks ago. It looked far better than the away pitches we've played on recently but obviously there's a bit of discontent that it isn't allowing Prime Farkeball. But I thought we played pretty well on it today and I couldn't really blame the pitch for the individual errors at the back.

Ultimately you would suspect that the weather and the lack of a summer break is taking its toll on pitches.