lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Stoke*****

Back with a bang. Well done City. I can put my Brentford top away for a day or so.😀

• Haha 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Great team performance, Emi unplayable👍

Seems like Todd benefited from the space he creates and the defensive  attention he commands too.

• Like 1

Top win, somewhat irritating that we have in just two matches given away three goals down to personal errors though, just as we have started to look much better in defence.

Still, that is the Norwich we need to see for the rest of the season and promotion is all but guarented.

Just now, hogesar said:

If I'm a head coach who gets stick every time we don't win a game, have just come off 4 games without a win and the medical guys have come back and said "yeah he's OK to continue" and he's one of our best players? It'd be interesting to see what decisions people would actually make under that amount of pressure.

I agree with that to an extent, which is why an independent doctor should be pitchside to make the decision. That's how it is in egg chasing isn't it?

Farke clearly opened us up more today, much like two seasons ago, and just as useless at the back. It makes for great watching, and it's great when it goes our way - but Stoke had enough chances to make it very uncomfortable even without our gifts to them.

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Reading losing now, 2 from 3 for autos. 

Can't write off Watford yet.

We are now 18 points away from 7th though so I'm quite confidently predicting that we will finish in the top 6.

A win makes the weekend and a big one makes it even better. Defence had a bit of a funny day but you can't argue with the goals going in which is what we are here for.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Farke clearly opened us up more today, much like two seasons ago, and just as useless at the back. It makes for great watching, and it's great when it goes our way - but Stoke had enough chances to make it very uncomfortable even without our gifts to them.

The thing is though we actually would’ve been solid at the back if it wasn’t for giving the ball away catastrophically on numerous occasions! Not sure that is part of the game plan when we play more ‘open’

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Can't write off Watford yet.

We are now 18 points away from 7th though so I'm quite confidently predicting that we will finish in the top 6.

Fans will be back in stadiums in time for the playoff final at wembley !!?!

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Fans will be back in stadiums in time for the playoff final at wembley !!?!

Hope so, as long as we’re not in it. 

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

The thing is though we actually would’ve been solid at the back if it wasn’t for giving the ball away catastrophically on numerous occasions! Not sure that is part of the game plan when we play more ‘open’

McLean looks good for one or two shockers a game, I would still like to see Sorenson in there at some point.

Also hopefully that awful pass for the goal from Giannoulis was a one off brain farm rather than a regular part of his game.

Cut those out and we look comfortable.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

McLean looks good for one or two shockers a game, I would still like to see Sorenson in there at some point.

Also hopefully that awful pass for the goal from Giannoulis was a one off brain farm rather than a regular part of his game.

Cut those out and we look comfortable.

Far as I'm concered Giannoulis made up for his mistake with his wonderful assist

The only things that Stoke created were what we gifted them, Krul hardly that a shot to save. 

3 points is everything, forget about the errors.

Let's go for 15 points before we play Brentford.

image.png.9067a300981516b7b2e2b522288fc26e.png

For those of you who like to bet on the final score, I think this is the first time I got it right in 7 years😂

20210213_171405.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1

Great result, much needed bounce back and return to scoring ways, especially from Pukki.

Nice to see us back at the top of the table again, albeit that we're probably just keeping the seat warm for Brentford in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

God it's gonna suck when he leaves isnt it?

I do wonder whether he'll stay if we are promoted 

Cantwell, Vrancic and Buendia must have a nice little record going when they start together. Vrancic gets a lot of stick in the number 10 position, but something clearly clicks when the three of them start, something that seems to be missing when Cantwell and Buendia start with someone else.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, NFN FC said:

Depends if he gets a better offer

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

No chance, IMO. Feels the right time for both club and player.. especially if he helps to secure promotion. He'll leave on fantastic terms to a top club, and we'll get a record transfer fee. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can we take a second to aknowledge what a warrior Skipp is? Hope he's aright

He was excellent again. We're going to need him, or somebody with his skill set, if we're going to have a chance in the league above.. 

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

A win makes the weekend and a big one makes it even better. Defence had a bit of a funny day but you can't argue with the goals going in which is what we are here for.

You may remember back to last weekend KG and I can confirm the green and white socks were available today.

26 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Agree with this, the defensive shape was superb, defended set pieces well. Just a couple of individual errors made it seem worse. 

Ok, someone has to make a negative point. Buendia is the worst taker of corners in the history of football. It is not just that they are negatively bad in the sense of not providing scoring chances for us. They are positively bad in the sense that usually, as today, they gift the ball to the opposition to launch dangerous counter-attacks.