lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Stoke*****

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Have Stoke actually managed to create anything that we haven’t gifted them on a plate? So many individual errors today at the back, really sloppy stuff at times 

I agree. Luckily Stoke are not that good. 
A better side would have punished more of the chances we’ve gifted. 
having said that 4-1 can’t be argued with today. 

Just now, Hardhouse44 said:

I agree. Luckily Stoke are not that good. 
A better side would have punished more of the chances we’ve gifted. 
having said that 4-1 can’t be argued with today. 

Yep for all our shortcomings today Stoke are fortunately significantly worse at the back than us! Deserve to be comfortable in this game, but really we could’ve hit these for 5/6-0 if we hadn’t let so much sloppiness seep in

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And now he goes off and still looks dazed.

Yeah my response was in jest but I was surprised he stayed on, really worries if he went back down, Radio Norfolk seem unsure what prompted him to eventually go off but at least we have Sorenson ready to come on.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Is there a minimum days out recovery for concussion?

When he stops seeing stars and knows what day of the week it is...😉

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And sorry to pick fault but there's no way Skipp should have carried on. Not good to see at all.

Football needs to get its house in order here but to be honest one of Farke or the physio has to make the call there- no reason for him to be on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

When he stops seeing stars and knows what day of the week it is.

I"m probably thinking of rugby where I think there is.

Hopefully he won't be driving home!

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Football needs to get its house in order here but to be honest one of Farke or the physio has to make the call there- no reason for him to be on the pitch.

It would never be Farke, he's not trained to make a decision, but he is paid to get us a result. The physios i agree with.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep. I'm surprised at this level there isn't an independent medical professional with authority to force players off after a head injury. It's actually pretty disgraceful he continued.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It would never be Farke, he's not trained to make a decision, but he is paid to get us a result. The physios i agree with.

I disagree, physios are as qualified as butchers to make assessments over concussions. Has to be the club doctor if such a thing exists. Do we have one on the bench? I've no idea.

Thank goodness Buendia didn't pick up a yellow card early on, we would have had to take him off and miss what was pretty much a perfect performance.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Millwall turned it around against Reading!!

Pleased to see that, keep the chasing teams as far away from us as possible.

Watford have hammered Bristol City though!

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No but Farke has eyes and the power to make subs- he can see one of his players barely knows what day it is, take him off, results be damned.

Great attacking performance from the lads today, really quick cutting passes in the final third which is a nice change from the last few games, game should've been about 6-0 in my opinion just through the quality of chances we had, just a pity we gifted them so many on a silver platter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yep. I'm surprised at this level there isn't an independent medical professional with authority to force players off after a head injury. It's actually pretty disgraceful he continued.

Yep, that is how it should be but to be honest clubs shouldn't need an independent person to make them do the obviously correct thing in these circumstances.

No but Farke has eyes and the power to make subs- he can see one of his players barely knows what day it is, take him off, results be damned.

If I'm a head coach who gets stick every time we don't win a game, have just come off 4 games without a win and the medical guys have come back and said "yeah he's OK to continue" and he's one of our best players? It'd be interesting to see what decisions people would actually make under that amount of pressure.

Agree, you could see he was in no fit state. No excuse him carrying on another 5-10 minutes.